Keto Days

Hi Guys, I am starting (rather re-starting after a week break) keto and I came up with this for my daily diet (on non-carb up days). Sorry for the image instead of text (I couldn’t convert my Excel table into the forum format).

What do you think? Any advice on shuffling the macros around?

Training wise planning on 4-5 lifting (current), 3-4 days cardio.

Cheers!

EDIT: Long black down to 0kj and 0 for everything else. ~total kj down by 400.

[quote]S3RG3 wrote:
Hi Guys, I am starting (rather re-starting after a week break) keto and I came up with this for my daily diet (on non-carb up days). Sorry for the image instead of text (I couldn’t convert my Excel table into the forum format).

What do you think? Any advice on shuffling the macros around?

Training wise planning on 4-5 lifting (current), 3-4 days cardio.

Cheers!

EDIT: Long black down to 0kj and 0 for everything else. ~total kj down by 400.

[/quote]

Where are the fats?

How much fat do you reckon I should up my intake by?
What would the effect of not increasing fat be (muscle loss or reduced energy or both)?

Thanks!

[quote]S3RG3 wrote:
How much fat do you reckon I should up my intake by?
What would the effect of not increasing fat be (muscle loss or reduced energy or both)?

Thanks![/quote]

Cant post the link but google “guide to ketosis” should be the second result.

You will not be in ketogenesis eating that much protein.

Up your fats and lower your proteins.

There is no set in stone ratio of macronutrients you should eat. Just eat until you are not hungry 3 times per day within an 8 hour window - keeping in mind to avoid too much protein or carbohydrate.

Ketosis works its magic in a fasted state but you will interrupt it if you eat too much protein or carbohydrate in one sitting.

For anyone else reading this:
1 kilojoule = 0.239005736 kilocalories

A keto diet is high fat, not high protein. Protein should be %25 - %35 of your total calories. The balance should be fats with an allowance of 30 - 60 cals for carbs.

Keep also in mind once a person’s body becomes adapted to ketosis one’s own body fat can start to replace dietary fats as weight loss slows down.

Thanks for the replies guys. I understand the ratios but I just don’t seem to be able to find ‘decent’ food that is high in fat but not so high in protein… I really don’t see myself eating butter or mayonnaise with a spoon and drinking coconut oil to polish it off lol… Any advice perhaps?? I took first step in direction of upping fat and reducing protein last night after buying some more cheese, nuts and peanut butter. Any other suggestions for things I can eat for lunch for example? What meats/fish are high in fat but lower in protein???

Thanks for all the advice guys (seeing that I am new to these forums you’re being really helpful)!

I lifted this from another site, but you get the idea.

Beef

Steak

Hamburger Patties

Ribs (no sauce)

Roast Beef

Chicken thighs, not breast. Skin on.

Duck

Tuna

Salmon

Trout

Halibut

Lamb

Pork

Bacon

Ham

Eggs

Shrimp

Crab

Lobster

Whey Protein (less than 5g carbs)

Hot Dogs (Check carb content!)

Low Carb Vegetables

These are keto foods as although they do contain some carbs, they are full of fibre. As keto dieters will know, you take aware the fibre content from the carb content to arrive at “net carbs”, Your net carbs are the figure you need to keep low in order to remain in ketosis.

Broccoli

Spinach

Lettuce

Cabbage

Kale

Asparagus

Olives

Green Beans

Green Peppers

Brussell Sprouts

Cauliflour

Mushrooms

Cucumbers

Avocado (Great fat source also)

Lettuce

Seaweed

Nori

Fat Sources

Butter

Mayonnaise

Oils (Olive Oil, Flaxseed oil)

Heavy Cream (i.e not low fat)

Cheeses

Nuts (Check carb content)

Avocado/Guacamole Sour Cream

Just had my lunch of chicken maryland (with skin on and eating all the fat…) and ceasar salad without bread (lettuce, mayo, bacon, lots of cheese, egg)… Feel like i’ve been bathed in fat lol.

Am I also right to assume that fat on the carb up day(s) must be kept to a minimum?