Keto, Anyone?

[quote]sneezingstardust wrote:

[quote]gabex wrote:

Your reading comprehension must be as bad as HallikFrank’s.[/quote]

From what I read, it seems like you believe those foods are somehow unhealthy. Explain yourself, please. [/quote]

Maybe because pepperoni can contain nitrates, which could be a carcinogen.

I’m interested in keto only because my woman is looking for ways to get leaner. Do you guys just run it for a few weeks and then bring back the carbs for a week? Can’t extended keto ruin your metabolism? Or does the weekly re-feed eliminate the need to back off?

[quote]grettiron wrote:

I’m interested in keto only because my woman is looking for ways to get leaner. Do you guys just run it for a few weeks and then bring back the carbs for a week? Can’t extended keto ruin your metabolism? Or does the weekly re-feed eliminate the need to back off?[/quote]

Well apparently so does peanut butter. Maybe you shouldn’t eat peanut butter!

Anyway, point being, in moderation it’s definitely okay.

Keto does not ruin your metabolism, but I would not suggest straight keto. Throw in a refeed at the end of the week (CKD), especially if your broad does weight training.

So for 2 weeks (induction phase) while she’s entering ketosis, have her eat <30 NET carbs per day. At the end of the 2 weeks, start with a 8-12 hour carb-up, and then from there go a week <30g again, and a refeed at the end of the week. She may be able to extend the refeed depending on how she looks and feels, but I generally don’t suggest more than 12-15 hrs. for females.

[quote]grettiron wrote:

[quote]gabex wrote:

Your reading comprehension must be as bad as HallikFrank’s.[/quote]

From what I read, it seems like you believe those foods are somehow unhealthy. Explain yourself, please. [/quote]

I’m interested in keto only because my woman is looking for ways to get leaner. Do you guys just run it for a few weeks and then bring back the carbs for a week? Can’t extended keto ruin your metabolism? Or does the weekly re-feed eliminate the need to back off?[/quote]

It will not negatively affect your metabolism. Ill reccommend the AD. Its not actually a keto diet, but very effective. Dr. Di Pasquale have a free abrigded version of the book available on metabolicdiet.com - check it out.

[quote]HallikFrank wrote:

It will not negatively affect your metabolism. Ill reccommend the AD. Its not actually a keto diet, but very effective. Dr. Di Pasquale have a free abrigded version of the book available on metabolicdiet.com - check it out.[/quote]

Well, AD is keto…but it just gives you the option of having a higher fat refeed. Which, IMO, isn’t the MOST optimal, but if it works for you then go for it. I don’t have super low fat refeeds, because I find that I fill out too fast…I just have a moderate amount to slow down digestion somewhat.

[quote]HallikFrank wrote:

It will not negatively affect your metabolism. Ill reccommend the AD. Its not actually a keto diet, but very effective. Dr. Di Pasquale have a free abrigded version of the book available on metabolicdiet.com - check it out.[/quote]

Well, AD is keto…but it just gives you the option of having a higher fat refeed. Which, IMO, isn’t the MOST optimal, but if it works for you then go for it. I don’t have super low fat refeeds, because I find that I fill out too fast…I just have a moderate amount to slow down digestion somewhat. [/quote]

Your not supposed to be in a state of ketolysis on the AD, however you might drop in and out of it. I believe Pasquale discusses this in the book.