Keto and Construction

I look pretty good and preform pretty good in the gym but here are the problems with my current “high carb/eat clean” diet just to help make it more clear for everyone

1. My hunger NEVER goes away even though my stomach is super full to the point I get acid reflux/regurgitating undigested food… I can manage this problem by spreading my meals out but this leads to the next problem below
  2. I have to eat 5 to 6 meals every single day. (which isn’t that hard to eat, but to prep is totally different story when I work 50-60 hours a week. I do prep alot of my meals but I it is very challenging to stay consistent on)
  3. The 2 problems above lead to the final thing- I binge eat once or twice a week after I mentally can’t take another day of feeling starved. Oh ya And I also turn into a major dick if I miss a meal. I just feel bad for the people around me when this happens.

After writing this all out on here I feel like maybe I am just “be being a bitch” and maybe I just have too many excuses. But I really feel like this is my body telling me something. I could push through it but I have learned it is not always good to do that. I just can’t figure it out.

The binge eating I mentioned. Also I have literally started to break into tears a few times on my way to get fast food or a pizza for a late dinner for the wife and kids.
When I am not over hungry I can very very easily turn down this trash food. But I can’t help but feel like fast food is taking advantage of me while I am hungry af.
Like the mental effect this has on me is insane… I feel like the fast food chains are straight up taking advantage of me while I am my lowest weakest self. Just the thought of taking part in this system just brings me to tears at times… I don’t mean to complain I just feel trapped in this messed up cycle :sleepy:

This doesn’t sound too bad. I might end up gravitating towards a similar diet. My training and lifestyle is almost exactly the same lol. Daily skill/Sub maximal effort training, some hard labor, and time with family :+1:

I hope you get it figured out dude! I Look forward to seeing your results.

1 Like

Appreciate it! I’ll stay posted if I find anything

1 Like

Yes. If you truly do not have time to meal prep all that food why not use protein shakes/mass gainer?

1 Like

Most weight gainers are straight sugar and taste like dirt. I would rather just keep eating cereal. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We dont buy the same gainer …

2 Likes

Maybe I overlooked this option… This could be a good way to knock out an easy 1000 calories. I could drink it right after my morning workout and maybe I’ll be less hungry by dinner

did you try fiber shake ??

By weight gainer I just mean “meal replacement” something with carbs/fat. Cream if rice/oats, protein powder, and a fat source can be prepared in advance or take a minute to make.

Quick update- I believe I finally figured out a way of eating that works for me. I should mention I used few of ideas from this thread so thank you to everyone who threw out some input
This has been working really well for me so ill share real quick for anyone who this may help or intrest.

Before I lay out my final conclusion/ meal plan I want to mention the 3 failures that lead to my final outcome. (Just skip this if don’t care/feel like reading I know this is over complicated)

1- Keto experience- It took me only one full day of eating eggs and steak to reach Ketosis. (I bought keto strips) by the next morning I nearly had the max level of ketones in urine. This honestly gave me anxiety for some reason. I also felt indescribably weak and dizzy. (Could have just been anxiety) Non the less I quit keto that same day… I later learned that sometimes urine ketone levels are just high when you don’t burn the ketones up. Which makes sense because a just woke up after sleeping like 10 hours… Fair to say I didn’t give keto a real chance but I would just want to talk to a doctor before I tried that again which I am trying to avoid right now.

1. Intermittent fasting (16:8)- My theory behind this was if I got used to going hours without food I would be less hungry, have better structure, also reduce any insulin sensitivity and inflammation from my past shitty diets. This honestly worked alright but IF was just too restrictive and could never make it work consistently with my schedule. A lot of times I was so full I couldn’t work out or move. Plus I just felt like puking from being so full after my first meal.

2. Quitting caffeine cold turkey- not much to this but I don’t suggest quitting caffeine cold turkey if you ingest massive amounts like I did for years on end. I completely cut it out for 3 days straight and I literally felt sick and was unable to function. I realized I was trying to do too much at once so I decided to wean off 100-200mg a week. I was on average at 900mg a day. Now I don’t go past 300mg A day and getting better week by week.

So this all morphed into my current diet plan that I have been doing almost 3 weeks straight as it’s super simple I’m not insanely hungry anymore, less tired, less stressed eating this way

This diet probably sounds way over complicated but it is simply carb back loading. I just eat a bunch of protein and fat in the morning while limiting carbs. And then eat all my carbs and more protein later. That’s literally it.
Plus I don’t eat anything overly processed or causes me inflammation. It’s pretty much same thing everyday which I love

Here’s pretty much what it looks like

Meal 1 6am

• Whole milk (lactose free fairlife)
  • Pork rinds or bacon or eggs

Meal 2 930 am
-whole milk
-pork grinds or bacon

Meal 3 4 and 5- 12pm/4pm/8pm
Any of these meals on rotation

• Beef

• Rice

• spinach

• Oats

• Eggs

• Pizza

• Pasta

• Chipotle bowl

*also changed my sleeping pattern more to my natural circadian rhythm

Just thought I would share this because I feel like I have made a lot of progress and honestly feel the best I have in years and more consistent than ever feel free to ask questions or make suggestions. Thanks everybody!