Kerry Vs. Bush...

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Why the hell would you want our President serving on jury duty? Don’t you think it’s a wee bit a TOTAL WASTE OF FUCK*NG TIME EFFORT AND FOCUS? Especially when he has to , oh I don’t know???>>>>>>>RUN THE COUNTRY and deal with our war?

Duh. The say Kerry did this but Bush did not…Whaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Save it for the Bush haters. I’m still floored as to why you would post such a petty and mindless thread.

LOL, looks like someone forgot to take his prozac this morning. Although the thread wasn’t meant to floor you, I must admit that it is an interesting side effect.

This thread was started “tougue-in-cheek” and I was playing devil’s advocate. I wouldn’t want our president serving jury duty, nor would I want a senator serving jury duty.

My devil’s advocate argument is that if he has time to do many other leasure activities, why not serve on a jury? If something came up that needed his immediate attention, he could be excused from the jury duty.

Do I think he realy should serve, am I really upset that he probably won’t; no.

I wonder why you would post in here if you didn’t like the thread, though I’m not exactly floored by it.

Oh, and it was also meant to see how pissed some people would get about saying anything other than something good about their hero who can do no wrong. I personally don’t like very many politicians regardless of what side they’re on. ;)[/quote]

I understand your context now, but still the leader of the Free World would never feel that jury duty is comprable to leisure time. Visits to schools and families should be enough for his face to face public services.

For people to write about this and compare jury duty or debate that he should is just way out of bounds. I say this especially when it’s a feeble attempt at President stabbing. Which in this case I guess you are not really doing.

Short and sweet: It’s a stupid idea for either of them to be called for Jury Duty. Besides the obvious, a jury is supposed to be made up of group of peers to the defendant. What defendant, besides maybe Tom DeLay, would be a peer to these two? (*Note - The use of Tom DeLay was only added for illustration purposes only.)

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Short and sweet: It’s a stupid idea for either of them to be called for Jury Duty. Besides the obvious, a jury is supposed to be made up of group of peers to the defendant. What defendant, besides maybe Tom DeLay, would be a peer to these two? (*Note - The use of Tom DeLay was only added for illustration purposes only.)[/quote]

Good point.

i wonder if Bush would be elected jury foreman. get enough liberals in the jury and you never know.

BTW, this would be a great fucking movie. the presdient doing jury duty. you cant make that shit up.

Just think how frustrating it would be for any high ranking political figgure to be the foreman.

They’d just avoid any issues they don’t need to persued their point of view, and it would be frustrating as hell trying to convince him any opposing view.

I feel sorry for the jurors who were in the trial with Kerry.

I don’t think the president should waste time on jury duty.

However, I don’t have a problem with senators serving on jury duty. The issues are very different.

Of course, if the senator was actively involved in something that required his timely input (and I don’t mean a vote) then that would be different.

It’s an issue of serving, doing your public duty. Kerry is just a civilian with a public service job, saying he isn’t a “peer” avoids the concept behind the phrase entirely.

[quote]They’d just avoid any issues they don’t need to persued their point of view, and it would be frustrating as hell trying to convince him any opposing view.

I feel sorry for the jurors who were in the trial with Kerry. [/quote]

Where is this coming from? If I’m not mistaken the jurors were happy with Kerry?

These people are just people… not olympian gods or anything silly like that.

[quote]vroom wrote:
They’d just avoid any issues they don’t need to persued their point of view, and it would be frustrating as hell trying to convince him any opposing view.

I feel sorry for the jurors who were in the trial with Kerry.

Where is this coming from? If I’m not mistaken the jurors were happy with Kerry?

These people are just people… not olympian gods or anything silly like that.[/quote]

It’s just coming from my own prejudices against politicians in general, at least the successful ones.

I view them as knowing how to twist facts in their favor and avoid questions like the plague.