Kerry = Red Sox

It’s befitting that tonight’s debate coincide with the second game of the ALCS. Why? Because the Red Sox and their backround is the perfect allegory for Sen. Kerry. Kerry is the best man for the job, on paper and practice but this election will be the political equivalent to the 86 World Series.

Bush has the conservatives, the religious right, and fate on his side akin to “Curse of the Babe.” The two of them going head-to-head in this election will, most likely have the same outcome as the Boston/New York playoffs. To paraphrase a prediction by a reporter on ESPN, “The Red Sox have better pitching. They better bats with a more cohesive line-up. Yanks in 4.”

John Kerry seems to have a better plan than Bush in most issues and in some cases, a plan for issues Bush refuses to address (i.e. bin Laden, the squeezing out of the middle class).

He’s been fiscally responsible in a state that stands as one of the least taxed and, not the least of which, he’s winning these debates.
He’s more articulate.

He’s a veteran.

He stands no chance.

P.S.
I’m no callow crybaby. I’m voting Kerry regardless of my predictions.

If this quote gets out, Kerry might actually lose Massachusetts:

John Kerry, while speaking in Taylor, Michigan: “We?ve been waiting since 1918 for the Boston Red Sox to win the World Series, and . . . if I had a choice between the White House and the World Series this year, I?m going to take the White House. How’s that?”

I think most of the members of Red Sox Nation would sell their respective souls, and their mothers’ as well, for a World Series championship.

Of course, he already lost Wisconsin when he made that comment about “Lambert” Field – being out of touch with the common voter on sports may actually cost Kerry the election. (I’m only half kidding)

That’s the difference. A real fan would have taken the Red Sox Series win over the White House.

However, all that being said Yanks in Four!!! The curse lives!

Looks like we might have to bump this thread considering the past two games!

We’ll see how it pans out…

(Great original post and avatar!)

True to the analogy, as Kerry has pulled up along side Bush for the homestretch, so have the Sox …

Bump…

the thread has taken a fantastic, unexpected turn that we hope continues to remain true…

As one radio talk show host said yesterday. He hopes the red sox win even though he is a yankees fan. The reason? A City like boston can only have one winner this year and he’d rather it be in baseball and not the presidency.

(nothing against boston, just thought it was funny)

Vegita Prince of all Sayajins