Kerry no-show in intelligence committee

WASHINGTON – Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry missed most of the public hearings of the Senate Intelligence Committee during his eight years on the panel, according to his colleagues.

During his tenure on the committee, which provides oversight of national intelligence agencies, Kerry was absent for 38 of 49 public hearings, according to Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.

These are the first 2 paragraphs of the article linked here:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39752

Some will whine that is from a conservative source. Well, if the content is true, it should be in the New York Times as well. We know why it won’t be.

For or against war is not the issue here. This is a glaring dereliction of a representitive’s duty to his country.

And please, don’t complain about Bush being on vacation too much. A US president is never on vacation. Phones are always at his side, and the helicopters are always ready to go. I’m sure the pressure of the office is immense. If you have never been in a management position with at least 100 people underneath you, you have no idea what it’s like. I have no idea how the president is able to get to sleep at night considering the enormous work load he is under. If Bush likes to play lots of golf to keep the stress at bay, more power to him. At least he doesn’t jog the bad part of town looking for prostitutes like Slick Willie used to do when he was gov of Arkansas.

This is definitely true. Senator Zell Miller, the reluctant democratic senator from Georgia, also mentioned this fact on meet the Press this weekend. It a stunning number, and one which shoots holes into the theory of Kerry is strong on National Defense.

Kerry Didn’t Read Iraq Report Before Vote

Wed Jul 14, 7:42 PM ET

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic candidate John Kerry, whose campaign demanded to know on Wednesday whether President Bush read a key Iraq intelligence assessment, did not read the document himself before voting to give Bush the authority to go to war, aides acknowledged.

“Along with other senators, he was briefed on the contents of the NIE (National Intelligence Estimate) by then-CIA Director George Tenet and other administration intelligence officials,” said Kerry spokesman Phil Singer.

From the Drudge Report Archives…
No Time for Terror

The man who would be president does not have time for terror warnings. Yep?that?s what the man said. On Larry King live, John Kerry was asked why he had not taken the intelligence briefing on the latest terror threats. John Kerry said, ?I just haven?t had time.? He hasn?t had time. Well, wonder what he was doing that was so important that it outweighed being kept up-to-date on the threats to our safety.

http://www.freedomofthought.com/archives/001199.html

John Kerry on Security???

"Throughout his career in the United States Senate, John Kerry has taken a timid, even passive, approach toward defending our shores. Throughout the 1990?s he proposed to gut our intelligence capabilities by a cumulative $4.5 billion. In 1997, Kerry asked his Senate colleagues, ?Now that [the Cold War] struggle is over, why is it that our vast intelligence apparatus continues to grow??

Again, Kerry wants us to forget about his record, on intellignce, and his past. And he is not talking about it at all. He is making it sound like I was always for this, always for that. And yet he says I have the perfect pan to this War on Terrorism. I will do a much better job with it than Bush is doing. Well Mr Kerry…I am waiting… WHAT is this plan??? Or is it top secret???

Joe