Kerry- Give UN control of our troops

?I?m an internationalist,? Kerry told The Crimson in 1970. ?I?d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.?- John Kerry

Here is the link to the article- http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=357339

Does anyone know if this is still Kerry’s position?

Wait, does it really matter if he holds the same views as 34 years ago??

Mr Chen:

Kerry changes positions more often than you or I change our underwear (I change mine daily by the way). I don’t even think he knows what his positions are at any given moment.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Wait, does it really matter if he holds the same views as 34 years ago??
[/quote]

Well I think so, if he still holds it. He’s blabbed a lot recently about how we went into Iraq too early, and that we need more international cooperation. Is the above part of his plan, or has he moved away from such a radical idea.

“Does anyone know if this is still Kerry’s position?”

Well, yes and no.

I usually try to stay out of political deates, but anyone who would expect for someone to think exactly the same after over 30 years is not living in reality. I don’t think the same or hold the exact same views as just 10 years ago. To be like that would mean you don’t grow as a person. I would hate to be around someone who would be so unmoving in a certain position that despite the changes in the world over 3 decades, they never change their views on anything. I hope slavery isn’t still on the minds of most Congressmen. According to some of the responses in this thread, it should be.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I hope slavery isn’t still on the minds of most Congressmen. According to some of the responses in this thread, it should be.[/quote]

Maybe you should ask 'Sheets" Byrd about holding on to the slavery thing.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I usually try to stay out of political deates, but anyone who would expect for someone to think exactly the same after over 30 years is not living in reality. [/quote]

Prof,

You miss the point entirely. I would expect him to have a different view. However, he has said in his campaign that he is proud of his anti-war activities. He still says this even though he knows the things he said were used against US prisoners of war at that time. My concern is precisely what you mentioned- that he has not changed. Are you saying that since it has been 30 years, we should not even ask?

Points well-made.

Everyone presumably changes over 30 years. No question.

But if John Kerry doesn’t want to have to answer for beliefs he had three decades ago, all he has to renounce them as youthful indiscretions.

Has he? Will he? All he has to do is suggest he no longer believes the radical points of view he once espoused, and any one should take his word for it.

But he hasn’t - so it’s fair game.