Kennelly Goes Huge

Ryan K benched 1050 at the APA NW open yesterday.

Opened with 950, jumped to 1050 for the second and barely missed 1105 on his 3rd.

I can’t wait to see videos of them.

The REALLY freakin’ crazy thing is Ryan only wanted 1100 but the little plates wouldn’t fit on the bar so he had to move up to 1105 and put the collars on backwards.

Freak.

I heard about it last night. Just insane. I can picture Ryan pushing the bench past the squat if he keeps moving forward like he’s doing now, an 1100 and even 1200 lbs bench is not out of the question.

I am very humbled by Kennelly and his massive bench. And let me state that this is in no way an attempt to discredit his lift, but I am curious as to what his best raw bench has been? There has been a lot of talk about his shirt and how much he gets out of it, I am just curious. That is a massive lift.

On a side note, Hanley, do you know what his total was?

Bout time… I was getting sick of how stagnant the equiped bench record was getting. Gotta keep that shit moveing up or it gets boreing.

I cant wait to see Ryan in the video, I bet hes around 400lbs right now.

I want to get my congratulations in before this turns into another fucking stupid raw vs gear thread. Asbolutely beastly.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I am very humbled by Kennelly and his massive bench. And let me state that this is in no way an attempt to discredit his lift, but I am curious as to what his best raw bench has been? There has been a lot of talk about his shirt and how much he gets out of it, I am just curious. That is a massive lift.

On a side note, Hanley, do you know what his total was?[/quote]

315 and 405x20 easy Im sure if he did a raw cycle he would get 700+ posibley even 800lbs. But he wont I dont think, possibility of injury at his level is way to high.

Ryan Kennelly only competes in bench, but Im sure he squats quite a bit, He talks about training legs to get past bench plateaus. And he is like 350lbs and fairly lean so that dude aint just lifting heavy in bench.

[quote]2thepain wrote:

On a side note, Hanley, do you know what his total was?[/quote]

Word on the street says he warmed up to a fast 605 before putting his shirt on.

[quote]daraz wrote:
2thepain wrote:

Word on the street says he warmed up to a fast 605 before putting his shirt on.[/quote]

605 for a double like it was 2 plates was what was said I believe!!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
daraz wrote:
2thepain wrote:

Word on the street says he warmed up to a fast 605 before putting his shirt on.

605 for a double like it was 2 plates was what was said I believe!!

[/quote]

Very impressive, not trying to argue, just curious.
Thanks Hanley

I heard the only reason he missed 1105 is that he hit the uprights on the way up.

[quote]nikolo wrote:
I heard the only reason he missed 1105 is that he hit the uprights on the way up.

[/quote]

Theres a good chance he hit the uprights because he was missing the lift.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
nikolo wrote:

[/quote]

He supposedly hit because he pushed too far back otherwise he wasn’t having much of a struggle.

I heard he pushed too far back because the barbell was afraid of him and trying to run away from him.

[quote]nikolo wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:
nikolo wrote:

He supposedly hit because he pushed too far back otherwise he wasn’t having much of a struggle.
[/quote]

I just figured that to hit the uprights he would already have to be way out of optimal bar path and with how technical shirted lifting is he wouldnt have been able to lock it out either way.

totaly my assumption, probably because I cant imagine being able to control a 1100lb bar to begin with.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I heard he pushed too far back because the barbell was afraid of him and trying to run away from him.[/quote]

lol

Video’s up…

[quote]ChaseT wrote:
Video’s up…

[/quote]

Geez…that was smooth. Must have just slipped up on 1105 because that looked too easy. 1050lb too easy…geez.

Man that was waaaaaay too easy.

wow…

Impressive!!!