Kendrick Farris 218 @85

Looking real solid. He’s gonna do well in 2012

[quote]jak3_dude wrote:

Looking real solid. He’s gonna do well in 2012[/quote]

Kendrick’s clean technique is so pretty. He does such a great job of keeping his weight back and being patient with the bar! It’s nice to see his jerk looking a lot more solid and consistent. I hope his snatches are coming along too… Id love to see him in the hunt for a medal in 2012!

yeah, he really knows the timing of getting under the bar real well

~2 years before 2012 Olympics. Can’t wait to see him there. He’s gonna be INSANE.

He doesn’t even wait to speed up on the second pull - starts fast from the floor - serious explosion.

DAMN!!!

any news on how his snatches are coming up??? I think he is bound to be a medal contender.

Haven’t really heard much about his snatches, most people are talking about his cleans and for good reason. A lot of people are predicting he will break the world record. Time will tell.

Sean Hutchinson mentioned over on WE that Kendrick’s issue is losing snatches behind. He can pretty much pull anything overhead, but has trouble fixing it. Hence he’s been working on his snatch technique to try and sort this out, because jerking 220 won’t mean shit if Rybakou out-snatches him by 20kg.

Jesus that’s a monster clean. Wonder what his vert and squat are.

Strong as hell!

Nevertheless, Lu Yong will not be beaten by any american weightlifter :wink:

[quote]lesfayes wrote:
Strong as hell!

Nevertheless, Lu Yong will not be beaten by any american weightlifter ;)[/quote]

well no because as the saying goes third time lucky, Rybakou will take the gold!

[quote]lesfayes wrote:
Strong as hell!

Nevertheless, Lu Yong will not be beaten by any american weightlifter ;)[/quote]

I’m Thinking this as well. Lu Yong’s 2008 214kg CJ is apparently far below is training maxes. It also really looked it in bejing. He casually did it once with fresh hands and once with a blown callus. Unless LY gets hurt I think he will be almost invicible.

-chris

[quote]Avocado wrote:

[quote]lesfayes wrote:
Strong as hell!

I’m Thinking this as well. Lu Yong’s 2008 214kg CJ is apparently far below is training maxes. It also really looked it in bejing. He casually did it once with fresh hands and once with a blown callus. Unless LY gets hurt I think he will be almost invicible.

-chris[/quote]

It’s gonna be tight between him and Rybakou. it’s one of those better at snatch/better at clean and jerk things. World Records will be broken.

Exciting times :), he’s a very exciting lifter to watch. Love how he literally just tears the bar off the floor! Anyone less and their back would like a mofo from all of that power!

Squat Jerk looks bery beasty! Glad he’s gotten rid of his spluash jerk, even though it looked insane! :smiley:

I hope he can take on the big boys and by the looks of things here he is WELL UP THERE.

The only issue I see is of weight cutting. None of these guys will be weighing 85kg flat in training imo and it’ll be intriguing to see who can handle it the best :smiley:

Koing

Apparently Kendrick’s training weight is about 86-87, so he doesn’t really have to cut at all.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Apparently Kendrick’s training weight is about 86-87, so he doesn’t really have to cut at all.[/quote]

Really light but I guess then the weight drop doesn’t affect him as much if he weighed 88-89kg!

Koing

Here’s another view where he makes the jerk. That’s a sick squat jerk and definitely better than what he was doing before.

ETA: OOPS, that’s only 211. Still, nice view of his squat jerk.

Interesting how fast he is off the floor rather than waiting for the second pull. Can’t wait to see him in 2012.

imo jerks are what win competitions. that korean 77 easily cleaned 211 at the olympics but missed the jerk. he also made it look easy. i also think the chinese are sandbagging …

sandbagging?

He means that he thinks the Chinese are just dragging their ass and not actually trying.