Ken Griffey, Jr.

Griffey obviously has a muscle imbalance in his lower body. why is he so stubborn? Ive heard him say before that he didnt need weight training. Well apparently he does. Will somebody please get his number and call him because he is one of the greatest players in the game when hes healthy. How can anybody be so stupid?

Stupid = Lazy

I would agree. He should be slapped. I mean we are talking about a guy who argueably has the most ability of anybody to play the game.

I agree Goldberg.Griffey was(is) my favorite player,but he’s a walking pull,strain,fracture.He is the most talented(I believe),and is so skilled that he makes things look effortless,but it also makes him appear lazy sometimes.THE “Kid” just doesn’t seem to get it,I wish he would get a top personal trainer(a good one,not bally’s top thong investigator),and show what he is truly capable of.

Its called ego. Trading him, was the best thing that Seattle ever did.

I would say ego is definately his bigest problem. He didn’t hurt his hamstring…only his ego. I agree he should be traded. The fans in Cinci think he is a pussy and I would have to aggree. When you start criticizing the fans you are asking for a heap of shit. David Justice did it in Atl. and he hit the road at the ends of the season. Griffiey needs to go, ever since he went to the Red’s he has played only half the time. No wonder the fans hate him.

It is guys like Griffey that must make guys like Bonds and Ichiro laugh. I believe that a human cannot be truly happy unless striving for greatness in whatever it is they do. At this point it is too late for Griffey. Not his body but his mind. He’ll never weight train. He brings his kids to the park, wtf? Must really be workin’ hard. Must be really focused on the task at hand. He just gets by on his ability…Nothing is more disgusting.

This type of laziness is fairly common in professional and collegiate sports. I know plenty of college athletes that are just gifted and do NOT pay attention at all to diet but are freaky strong in the gym and a few of them are very large. There’s a guy I know, who will probably be the best fullback in the Pac-10 next season as a surprise, that is this type of freak. The guy weighs 265 lbs. and looks like he could compete in bodybuilding if he cut out his carbs for maybe two weeks. The guy is just solid, probably 12 or 13% bodyfat at 5’10 or so. Squats 600, Bench is 425 and he says he only eats about 3000 cals/day. He used MAG-10 and made absolutely no gains. I told him he is already a monster and that MAG-10 couldn’t affect him. I give him credit for working hard but this guy clearly has some good genes.

I had a Nebraska football player come into my work (GNC) one day. This guy tells me he is 200 lbs., probably 5’8 and wants to be 215. He looks about 10% bodyfat, pretty athletic. Anyway, I get to talking to him and ask him what he has tried to gain weight. He tells me his coach tells him to eat more. He then proceeds to tell me he just had his first meal over at Subway. It was 5 in the afternoon!! He tells me he eats 2, maybe 3 meals a day and usually only 1 of those is a “good” meal. I wanted to smack this guy so hard. He also informed me that he has been at 200 lbs. for three years and never had to work hard to be that big. In the end, I always use this to fuel my workouts. Feels good to know that you had to work three times as hard as all those gifted ones. -Machine

" I mean we are talking about a guy who argueably has the most ability of anybody to play the game" golberg said, NOBODY with any baseball knowledge whould say that! does he have sick talent? YES! can you COMPARE his tallent to say mantle? NO! mays? NO! Ruth? NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
and 2 ko, you said, “Trading him, was the best thing that Seattle ever did” check your fact my man, check REALITY!!!

Remember that time he overdosed on nerve tonic and developed gigantism? That was cool.
baseball sucks.

Sorry but i was negative fifteen or so when mantle played. didnt get to see him play much. but as far as raw talent there arent many that have been better than griffey. you gotta look at the fact that he hasnt done whole lot with what was given to him. he could be so much better than what he is.

i would check my facts, but guess what, i don’t really give a cap. Traded, dumped, could not afford, did not want to pay, who cares. They are better without him.

“Sorry but i was negative fifteen or so when mantle played. didnt get to see him play much. but as far as raw talent there arent many that have been better than griffey. you gotta look at the fact that he hasnt done whole lot with what was given to him. he could be so much better than what he is.” again you said “but as far as raw talent there arent many that have been better than griffey” do you want a list??? I have said he has MAD talent but FAR from one of the most talented, lets go, a-rod, soriano, vlad garero(sp?), sosa, drew,bonds,jones, etc…(active guys, add in straw, canseco, etc… keep going and going and going… all these guys (and MANY more) have more talent the griff. He had and still has MAD talent but he is far from the most talented player.

Where did i say that griffey had the most talent of anybody ever period. I said “argueably”. There are some that would argue that he would have the most talent. Others would argue different. Thanks for quoting me. I couldnt scroll up to see what i wrote.