T Nation

Keeping My Diet Plan Interesting

Hey Guys,

In terms of my diet. I've been keeping logs since I started. I always new, kept, and updated my macros. But as probably many people do I quite frequently kept getting bored with food I was eating so I had to recalculate my diet often in order to fit in the new recipes. I grew tired of doing this.

I figured I would just calculate a diet, which involves the same recipes, but they are being rotated every set number of days.
The rotation would look like this:
4 days - Diet 1
3 days - Diet 2
1st 4 weeks - Diet Combination 1
2nd 4 weeks - Diet Combination 2
Therefore the diet is composed of 4 different diets, which are rotated in this manner. This diet would be an 8 week cycle.

Next are the meals themselves. I am trying to balance a minimal prep time with diet satisfaction.
I'm thinking about have only two "complicated meals". Those are breakfast and dinner. Both would require a recipe. The rest of the meals I will keep simple, but only vary the foods.
For e.g.:
4 days - Diet 1 - contains beef steak
3 days - Diet 2 - contains fish
The meals with recipes will be rotated the same way.

Based on your experience do you guys believe this would be enough variety to keep me from getting bored with this for at least 1 year. I do it this way, because I'm on a very tight budget so this makes it easier for me to save. Also I have too many priorities in my life to have time to implement new recipes in my routine.

I look forward to your inquiries.

It’s hard to give an answer on something that will be so different from person to person. Some people eat the exact same thing, day in and day out and are very okay with that and don’t get bored. Others incorporate cheat days while others eat whatever they want IIFYM style. The only way you will know if this plan works for you is by trying it out, no one will be able to tell you. You’ve seemed to have put some serious thought into this, which is awesome. You don’t need someone on here to tell you its a good idea, just go for it and see if it works for you.

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
It’s hard to give an answer on something that will be so different from person to person. Some people eat the exact same thing, day in and day out and are very okay with that and don’t get bored. Others incorporate cheat days while others eat whatever they want IIFYM style. The only way you will know if this plan works for you is by trying it out, no one will be able to tell you. You’ve seemed to have put some serious thought into this, which is awesome. You don’t need someone on here to tell you its a good idea, just go for it and see if it works for you.[/quote]

Yes, I believe in attention to detail and I often overthink any part of my life when I am figuring out something in it.

Thank you for your inquiry. I am thinking now I will just try it out and hopefully find it to be my final diet version.