T Nation

Keeping My Abs On My Sust Cycle

i recently started my first cycle sust 250 and im vey happy with the results im half way threw and ive gained 18 and a half pounds but befor i started my abs were looking good now not so much especialy the lower abs is this from not enough cardio i only run about 2 miles a week or do i need to eat cleaner i eat everything to help keep gaining any answers will help

try to keep your diet clean but dont sacrifice calories to do so if you’re trying to gain mass. You need to set a goal for your cycle. If you want to gain the most mass possible, you will gain some fat. If you want to lose some fat, then you won’t gain a whole lot of muscle.

You can try cutting back on calories if the added fat really bothers you, but you will likely be giving up some muscle gains as well.

If you are not sure of the quality of your diet, post it and I’m sure you’ll get plenty of feedback on it.

It sounds like you are doing pretty well, perhaps shorten your rest periods in between sets and throw-in like 15 minutes of HIIT 3 times a week at the end of your workouts… Taking a PWO recovery shake during it of course…

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
try to keep your diet clean but dont sacrifice calories to do so if you’re trying to gain mass. You need to set a goal for your cycle. If you want to gain the most mass possible, you will gain some fat. If you want to lose some fat, then you won’t gain a whole lot of muscle.

You can try cutting back on calories if the added fat really bothers you, but you will likely be giving up some muscle gains as well.

If you are not sure of the quality of your diet, post it and I’m sure you’ll get plenty of feedback on it.
[/quote]
im trying to gain 25 lbs. so i guess ill just have to live with the chub its just killin me at the beach but i think its worth it. i also tried shortening rest between sets we’ll see if that helps thanks for the advice

Keep in mind that you also might be retaining some water due to the test conversion which will make you seem fatter even if you aren’t. Are you running any adex? Any other gyno symptoms? If it really bothers you, you could do like .25 mg/day of A Dex, which would probably dry you out a bit. Just a thought…