Keeping Life Simple and Easy

Wow! Great transformation. Hi.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
How tall are you girl?

Um so coconut oil… melt it in the micro stir in some splenda and some cocoa powder. pur it onto like a little saucer. put it in the freezer.

COCONUT BARK OMG NOM NOM NOM[/quote]

OMG Hallowed!!! That sounds yummy!!! I’m 5’ 3"…shorty! :wink:

Thanks Nadia!!!

Morning peeps!! Up a little later this a.m. but it’s leg day and so I was out the door at a sprint!! I have learnt to love leg day!

So here’s the breakdown: 3 sets each
bodyweight squats - 8
plie squats - 25#/8
jump squats - 15
stiff legged deadlifts - 80#/8
leg press - 300#/10
walking barbell lunges - 30#/20
seated calf raises - 300#/30
standing calf raises - 110#/30
seated leg curl - 70#/10
leg extentions - 55#/10

I didn’t work glutes/abductors/adductions because I was running behind. And I’ll finish up my abs today throughout the day. It really is nice having the pullup bar at the house to do HLRS on. I did 100 yesterday.

cals: 1435, 68, 87, 120 (fat, carbs, protein) I know the fat is high but that is the added coconut oil…going to keep taking it for a couple weeks and see how it goes. Protein is low but not sure how to increase that…any thoughts??

That’s it in a nutshell!

Have a great day everyone!
Peace out!
M

YOU LOVE LEG DAY?!! WHHAAT?! Explain to me this nonsense…

You must be crazy, ha! I dread leg day 3 days before it arrives.

EDIT TO ADD: new pic looks hella pretty :slight_smile:

[quote]Mylissa1 wrote:
Thanks for stopping by everyone!!! Hallowed glutes is an evil machine that helps me pick up my a$$!! :wink: At 42 it wants to fall for some reason!! My main goal is to just be healthy plain and simple. I would like to stay in the 14-16% bodyfat range. Maintain my curves while getting lean muscle. And rocking a bikini doesn’t hurt! lol!!

Good morning everyone!! Today was yoga day and it was much needed! I will be glad when it turns warmer and I can start taking it to the beach…nothing like hearing the sound of the waves…soothes the soul!!

Anyone who reads my blogs, will figure out soon that I am an information junkie! I like to research why…why do we lift this way, why do we eat this way, etc.

Well, the past few weeks I’ve been researching coconut oil and safflower oil. I haven’t been getting enough healthy fats in my diet. I cook with olive oil, eat almond and salmon, etc but there are other healthy oils out there we need and that are beneficial to our muscle growth etc.

Coconut oil is one that has many benefits!! Good for skin, hair, nails, dental hygeine…yes if you have inflamed gums swish 1 tsp around in your mouth and spit…it’s an antiinflamatory…but what they also found out is that taking 3 Tblsps a day will reduce belly fat. And I don’t know about anyone else, but being in my 40’s and menopausal, that is something I have to battle alot!! So I’m going to try this for 3 months and see what happens. Worst case scenario it does nothing for the stomach but my hair, skin and teeth look amazing!

Safflower oil is also a healthy fat that is suppose to help with belly fat. The way I’m going to incorporate it into the diet is just to add 3 tsp of sunflower seeds to my salad everyday. That’s all it takes from the research.

So in 3 months I’ll let ya’ll know how it worked if it did! lol!!

Peace out!
M
[/quote]

The coconut protects the olive, the olive adds moisture; I always combine them in my iron skillet to make chicken.

re: belly fat. Avoid the modern mutant wheat (look up William Davis to learn more).

[quote]Jeffrey of Troy wrote:
The coconut protects the olive, the olive adds moisture; I always combine them in my iron skillet to make chicken.

re: belly fat. Avoid the modern mutant wheat (look up William Davis to learn more).
[/quote]

Jeffrey I found out last year that whole wheat disagreed with me…sigh…because I do love bread!!..sigh…I get my carbs now from my veggies except every once in a while I do still have bread but always regret it after.

Thanks Sig!

Well today is a cardio day and I’m doing Insanity’s Core Cardio and Balance…time to go get my sweat on!

Peace out!
M