T Nation

Keeping Gains After Your First Cycle?

I suppose this depends a great deal on what you’re taking, but assuming a standard 10 week sust/winstrol cycle, what percentage of gains can you expect to maintain? I’m about 3 weeks into my pct and I’m just now beginning to feel a strength decrease.

It depends on your diet and training just as it would on cycle. It also depends on how fast you recover. Which PCT method are you running?

Generally speaking, provided all goes well, one can expect to maintain a fair amount of cycle gains for a period of time after cycling.

Jazz

standard nolva SERM

standard nolva SERM

Yesterday was the first day that I noticed a decrease in strength and general pump while working out and it’s been 3 weeks since my last injection.

along with nolva, remember to keep a diet rich in protein, fats, and carbs. Also since your t levels are down, it is important to eat more frequently. Good luck, and if you learn anymore tips concerning size retention, please pm me as i am looking to start a cycle soon.

[quote]duhast234 wrote:
along with nolva, remember to keep a diet rich in protein, fats, and carbs. [/quote]

what else is there? haha

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
duhast234 wrote:
along with nolva, remember to keep a diet rich in protein, fats, and carbs.

what else is there? haha[/quote]

alcohol and the tears of small children

This might be a dumb question, but here it goes anyway. It seems to me that if a man was on HRT already and did a cycle of, lets say 500mg T-CYP a week. That after his cycle he would probably not loose any gains. Since he would be just lowering the T-CYP dose and adding HCG back in. Is this thinking correct and if not please explain why. Sorry for asking in this thread I can start a new if you want me to.

[quote]thefranchise_86 wrote:
Dylanj wrote:
duhast234 wrote:
along with nolva, remember to keep a diet rich in protein, fats, and carbs.

what else is there? haha

alcohol and the tears of small children[/quote]

Wow, I was gonna suggest just eating the small children, but I can see where the tears would cause some water retention due to the sodium content.

[quote]jakeman124 wrote:
This might be a dumb question, but here it goes anyway. It seems to me that if a man was on HRT already and did a cycle of, lets say 500mg T-CYP a week. That after his cycle he would probably not loose any gains. Since he would be just lowering the T-CYP dose and adding HCG back in. Is this thinking correct and if not please explain why. Sorry for asking in this thread I can start a new if you want me to. [/quote]

Well your body needs testosterone to maintain its gains.

Simplified down, your body is continually breaking down and building new muscle.

As long as you build more than you breakdown you keep your gains.

If you need 500mg a week for the extra protien synthesis and strength that force your body to maintain those gains then you will lose them eventually. You can theoretically maintain slightly more than your genetic potential with normal hormone levels, but not much more.

Granted I would assume HRT users would lose their gains much slower as there is no reliance on “restarting” natural production, so they have no time spent with very low test levels while starting PCT.

If your on test you dont have to worry about not having test in your system while your boys come back online.

Please take note that I have no experience running a full-fledged AAS cycle, nor do I consider myself a ‘vet’ on the subject but to my aid I have several 2’ ring binders full of detailed files and personal inputs on various substances and many proposed AAS regiments. I also possess a small Farmacia Libertad in my bedroom.

With that said this is my input, I believe its completely dependent on how your body rebounds and how quickly endogenous test production commences. Other factors also include diet, training, and the psychological status of the individual after the regiment. It might be pseudoscience but I believe that if the user falls victim to the, “My numbers are down due to me coming off of the shit,” I could understand how such negative thoughts can snowball and take a greater effect on the users training and diet.

I really can’t say that I wouldn’t fall victim to that mental process, with this bulker I’m looking at and my past experience with ‘Happy Meal’ gear I’m expecting some serious gains (hopefully if my shit is not too badly underdosed). I would remain indestructible even while on my stasis but I’m willing to bet I’ll probably end up using the stasis as a bridge. That was my take on the question and my further input for whatever its worth. Or should I say, my two centavos. Man I missed this place -GB

I don’t mean to hijack a post, but I have a similar question…I just completed my first cycle of Test E. It went as follows…

Week 1- 250 mg
Week 2- 250 mg
Week 3- 500 mg
Week 4- 500 mg
Week 5- 500 mg
Week 6- 250 mg
Week 7- 250 mg

Overall I would say the cycle has been a success thus far. I was 6’3’’ and a mere 170 lbs, and I am sitting at 193 lbs. right now. I worked out 5 times a week, and ate about 3000 cal. per day, sometimes more.

I have access to ancillary compounds if need be, but my compound source tells me that i need not worry about b-HCG postcycle since my cycle was relatively short and I didn’t notice any testicular shrinkage or ANY side effects for that matter.

I was considering using 100 mg. Clomid/day for two weeks but he told me not to worry about that either. He said that for his cycle which was similar he didn’t take ANYTHING post cycle and he maintained his gains with no problems…any thoughts?

[quote]jlkugler wrote:
I don’t mean to hijack a post, but I have a similar question…I just completed my first cycle of Test E. It went as follows…

Week 1- 250 mg
Week 2- 250 mg
Week 3- 500 mg
Week 4- 500 mg
Week 5- 500 mg
Week 6- 250 mg
Week 7- 250 mg

Overall I would say the cycle has been a success thus far. I was 6’3’’ and a mere 170 lbs, and I am sitting at 193 lbs. right now. I worked out 5 times a week, and ate about 3000 cal. per day, sometimes more.

I have access to ancillary compounds if need be, but my compound source tells me that i need not worry about b-HCG postcycle since my cycle was relatively short and I didn’t notice any testicular shrinkage or ANY side effects for that matter.

I was considering using 100 mg. Clomid/day for two weeks but he told me not to worry about that either. He said that for his cycle which was similar he didn’t take ANYTHING post cycle and he maintained his gains with no problems…any thoughts?

[/quote]

Honestly?

It was a bad cycle choice both in terms of dosage (much too low by 250mg/ week) and because you’re not in any position to have actually needed them for at least another 30-40 lbs from when you started, and that’s being quite (quite) conservative. It would be much more like 50+ pounds.

Your cycle was enough to shut you down, and even though it did give you gains, you mostly could have gotten them naturally if you’d have bothered to eat enough every day in the first place. In fact, you could still gain another 30 lbs naturally. Most likely significantly more than that unless you are older than 28 already. How old are you?

It’s a bad PCT choice to not use anything at all. You can get away with it from 2 week cycles and sometimes 4 weekers. Anything else you need a PCT. It can be a short or mild PCT because your cycle was mild, but I think it would be wise to help the “boys” along in their restart process. I would suggest doing some research and reading on this site and others before you talk to your source again.

that was a weak pyramid. Ive gotten similar advice regarding starting with 250 and working up from there. I appreciate the advice but fuck that. If I’m gonna shut it down I’m going to shut it down with 500mg minimum. Your source is a retard. Unless you are his clone, even then there are many other factors that come into play, I would research additonal PCT protocols on this site as his advice is nonsense.