T Nation

Keeping Gains After One Test Enanthate Cycle +PCT


#1


Hey guys,
I have been lifting for about an year and a half now (seriously) and standing at 5 feet 10 inches at 176.5lbs with almost 20-22% bf(varies).My goal is to just gain some size and loose some body fat(around 15-18%).benching(275lbs) dead lifting (350lbs) squating (300lbs).I have no goals to compete or look the rippest or vascular or like a pro.Its just maintaining a good physique to have my shirts one :slightly_smiling:

So i was wandering to get to ONE (AND ONLY ONE) test cycle for like twelve to 15 weeks + PCT as clomid. The reason behind the only one cycle is the fact that i don't want to compromise my health relative to the short goal i have .So my questions are
1.How much am i likely to gain and how much can i expect to keep coming off the stuff and following a good natural diet and training regime?
2.What are the relative side effects given i am not prone to acne?.

Thanks in advance guys :slightly_smiling:
Below is my current physique .Tho its shitty it should give you a good idea of where i am.Thank You


#2

Cycling is a long term endeavor. You will eventually lose all of those gains. Some would say you never go back to baseline after a cycle either. Sounds like an all around terrible idea.


#3

You can make wayyyy more progress naturally before you ever touch steroids, and natural gains you’ll keep forever. You could drop 5% bodyfat, gain 10-15lb LBM and add 25-50 pounds to each lift in a year pretty easily. And then when you do that naturally, if you want to use steroids, you’ll get way more out of them then you would right now.

Do you want to be the guy that does a cycle of steroids and is smaller and weaker than natural guys? I think that would be a mindfuck.

Instead of buying steroids, think about hiring a coach (either online or in person). George Leeman, Clint Darden, Pete Rubish, Brandon Lilly, Bryce Lewis, et cetera. All of these guys will work with you on diet, strength and technique and you’ll get way stronger and bigger and learn a ton.


#4

Before you jump on you should bust your ass for years and achieve something.
For example 600+ deadlift 350+ bench 440+ squat, try to aim at some goals before looking into the dark side as they call it.
And if you reach some of those goals you might reconsider that choice, because once you start they is usually no way back.


#5

Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile: Appreciate your comments and replies.So i guess its time for MORE TRAINING+ GOOD DIET and upping my strength and numbers to reach my genetic potential before i jump into juice.Well i was just tempted to this stuff seeing a bro of mine going from skinny to huge as fuck bigger than me in just over an year.But i guess its the hard work that counts before you jump into any stuff
I will get back to the steroid forum once i get gains naturally and hot a platue.
Thanks again and cheers.Good luck to all


#6

Thanks a lot guys for both the advise and the criticism :slight_smile: I better up the numbers and gain strength and size to reach my genetic potential before using any stuff :slight_smile: Actually i was tempted to see one of my friends getting fuckin huge in a matter of 6 months.But non the less a good diet + a training regime is what should i focus on right now before checking into for juice advise
Thanks once again :slight_smile: Cheers
Good luck with your goals


#7

there’s no need to reach your ‘genetic potential’ before starting aas…

but you should at least look like you lift weights before you start IMO.

you don’t want to start aas when you’re generally weak/inexperienced. your lifts will skyrocket and your joints/ligaments/connective tissues will suffer because they are not accustomed to the strain.


#8

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
there’s no need to reach your ‘genetic potential’ before starting aas…

but you should at least look like you lift weights before you start IMO.

you don’t want to start aas when you’re generally weak/inexperienced. your lifts will skyrocket and your joints/ligaments/connective tissues will suffer because they are not accustomed to the strain. [/quote]

this is why i love walkway. thinks for himself and gives good advice.

the entire concept of reaching your “genetic potential” that’s parroted on forums is so stupid. if you’re doing everything right then you will approach your potential asymptotically but never actually reach it. that might mean half a pound of muscle for a year’s hard work but making gains at all means you’re not at your potential. then finally you’re in your 40s or 50s and start to decline. so “wait until you reach your genetic potential” is basically saying to never take AAS.

plus it’s always stated in terms of “paying your dues” as if you need some forum dipshit’s approval, or the “fitness” community’s permission. and the poster will generally fuck off and do what they want anyway. whereas if you explain that it’s just a waste of money and you’re gonna fuck up your joints and get injured, and that’s why it’s better to hold off, then people are much more willing to do what’s in their best interest.

i don’t think you can give hard numbers to reach first. the standard should be based on how fast you’re progressing given hard and smart training and dieting. at the soonest, hop on once you can’t make weekly progression on the heavy compounds. ie can’t add 5 lbs to the bar on squat, bench, deadlift etc each week. for some that’s a 800 lbs total others it might be 1500

not aimed at anyone btw. i didn’t even read the comments just needed to be said.


#9

consider all advise above…to answer your question…say you gain 7KG muscle you will prob lose 4-5kg…the biggy with that is if you keep up great training once you finished you will maintain more gains…problem is you cant train…its so hard to


#10

[quote]joyfull wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
there’s no need to reach your ‘genetic potential’ before starting aas…

but you should at least look like you lift weights before you start IMO.

you don’t want to start aas when you’re generally weak/inexperienced. your lifts will skyrocket and your joints/ligaments/connective tissues will suffer because they are not accustomed to the strain. [/quote]

this is why i love walkway. thinks for himself and gives good advice.

the entire concept of reaching your “genetic potential” that’s parroted on forums is so stupid. if you’re doing everything right then you will approach your potential asymptotically but never actually reach it. that might mean half a pound of muscle for a year’s hard work but making gains at all means you’re not at your potential. then finally you’re in your 40s or 50s and start to decline. so “wait until you reach your genetic potential” is basically saying to never take AAS.

plus it’s always stated in terms of “paying your dues” as if you need some forum dipshit’s approval, or the “fitness” community’s permission. and the poster will generally fuck off and do what they want anyway. whereas if you explain that it’s just a waste of money and you’re gonna fuck up your joints and get injured, and that’s why it’s better to hold off, then people are much more willing to do what’s in their best interest.

i don’t think you can give hard numbers to reach first. the standard should be based on how fast you’re progressing given hard and smart training and dieting. at the soonest, hop on once you can’t make weekly progression on the heavy compounds. ie can’t add 5 lbs to the bar on squat, bench, deadlift etc each week. for some that’s a 800 lbs total others it might be 1500

not aimed at anyone btw. i didn’t even read the comments just needed to be said.

[/quote]
The problem is that most people think they’re training hard and smart when they’re not, and are looking to use AAS as an easy fix. This is why numbers are used as a gauge of how hard and smart they’re actually training.

Someone totaling 800 is either not training hard, or is too early in his training life to have encountered plateaus that require seriously figuring out his body’s response training and diet and adapting them to overcome these plateaus.

If he’s serious about this lifestyle, he would have found a way to overcome stalls in training and his results would show it. If he’s not, why start AAS on a whim when he’s probably not going to be doing this after a couple of years?

This is not about paying your dues.

This is about very basic common sense.


#11

[quote]powerlifter333 wrote:

Instead of buying steroids, think about hiring a coach (either online or in person). George Leeman, Clint Darden, Pete Rubish, Brandon Lilly, Bryce Lewis, et cetera. All of these guys will work with you on diet, strength and technique and you’ll get way stronger and bigger and learn a ton.
[/quote]

I haven’t hired George, but i have used his methods and they worked pretty fucking great for me as a natural


#12

“an year and a half now (seriously)”… no, don’t do it man. It’s not for you. Look at your statements:

EASY TO DECIDE!

1 - an year and a half now (seriously);
2 - ONE (AND ONLY ONE) test cycle for like twelve to 15 weeks + PCT as clomid;
3 - i don’t want to compromise my health;
4 - how much can i expect to keep coming off the stuff;
5 - What are the relative side effects;

Man… seriously, you have all the statements of a non prepared for steroids.

You have a long natural road, it’s better for you right now.

And remember, you asked for help, and I gave my best for you.