T Nation

Keeping Food Down?

So I’d say about 1-2 months ago my body got to the point where it was seriously mentally tough for me to down food without throwing up. I’ve been eating a ton for a year now, and by a ton yes I mean a ton…However, every day I wake up the same 5’10" 178-180 lbs, and have been this weight for about 15 weeks now. The problem is, say I go to cough up a spit or some flem or w/e…for some reason, when I do this, my food comes right up to my throat, and i have to tighten my throat up and not think about the thought of throwing up to keep from doing it.

For example, one morning i woke up, had my usual breakfast of 1 cup oats, 1 cup fat free milk, 1 scoop whey protein, and 1 banana. Well I went to my bathroom since, was coughing up some flem and the food came back up so fast that I threw up the oatmeal all in the sink. It felt terrible, and basically all the time throughout the day anymore it feels like I’m going to throw up. I’m not sure why this is, but it’s really hard to deal with, and it’s not like I’m not used to super clean foods like this as I’ve been eating them for the past year. This throw up reaction thing has just recently occured in like the past 2 months. Any clues as to what it is?

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
For example, one morning i woke up, had my usual breakfast of 1 cup oats, 1 cup fat free milk, 1 scoop whey protein, and 1 banana.[/quote]

First of all, thats not a “ton” for breakfast. Nor would that contribute to a “ton” throughout the day, considering breakfast should be your biggest meal.

Anyway, maybe try a little pepto bismol?

No.

Go see a damn doctor.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
[/quote]
You are having this problem and are asking for advice on a website???how Darwinian of you…

Well seeing as your body is designed to keep food down unless there is a problem with the food or you are sick…I’d say you should go see a doctor or more specifically a gastroenterologist.