Keeping Consistant

So i’ve been bodybuilding for 8 years and i still envy the mass of twigs. Yeah i openly admit it - i’m pasty white and made from whatever the antagonist of oak is. My main problem (and question) is that i get revved up in the gym, gain about 7-10kg, then something hardcore happens in life and i can’t gym for about a month… generally i only lose about 1kg, but then i can never drive myself back into the gym for a good 6 months by when ive lost maybe 12kg and so depressed it’s gym time or gun time.

So basically, what do you guys do to force yourself back in when you get out of the habit? I’m lucky that i’m in the habbit again - i’m stronger than ever and the weight is coming, but i’m worried that my next life event is going to keep me from ever getting where i need to be! Apart from “stop being a pussy” and “just mcfrickin do it”, anything that has worked from those who suffered the same pains of youth?

I’ll be the first to tell you that your not alone. Everybody deals with pain. Some of us make lifting a big enough priority to where unless we physically cant make it to the weights wherever they may be , then we lift. You have to ask yourself are you this kind of person ? If your answer is no, then bodybuilding may not be your best lifestyle.

[quote]AKA wrote:
So i’ve been bodybuilding for 8 years and i still envy the mass of twigs. Yeah i openly admit it - i’m pasty white and made from whatever the antagonist of oak is. My main problem (and question) is that i get revved up in the gym, gain about 7-10kg, then something hardcore happens in life and i can’t gym for about a month… generally i only lose about 1kg, but then i can never drive myself back into the gym for a good 6 months by when ive lost maybe 12kg and so depressed it’s gym time or gun time.

So basically, what do you guys do to force yourself back in when you get out of the habit? I’m lucky that i’m in the habbit again - i’m stronger than ever and the weight is coming, but i’m worried that my next life event is going to keep me from ever getting where i need to be! Apart from “stop being a pussy” and “just mcfrickin do it”, anything that has worked from those who suffered the same pains of youth?[/quote]

Alot are the same, as i was for many years - and yes, the real results came once i got the consistency down.

From personal experience, i just realised how much i liked to train, it helps with depression, girls, confidence, gave me a career, health, it genuinely saved my life, and i plain enjoy it.
So i am going to give this “thing” all the time, dedication, love and attention it deserves. I will not let a job, wife or anything come between me and my training. I may let the above list of life’s necessities change the time or amount of time i train, but i always have and always will go to the gym. Done and Done!!

How much do ya want it?! It is as simple as that, also a tip - i train if stressed… so i don’t drink, or whatever to deal with stress. i workout, sometimes go for a run. it works for stress and my fitness goals.

Maybe i am a lucky one.

Joe

Sorry to tell you, but I’m driven. I don’t “get out” of things I have a passion for.

“if you aint hungry you aint gon eat”

[quote]AKA wrote:

So basically, what do you guys do to force yourself back in when you get out of the habit?[/quote]

Force myself to go.

Stop thinking or feeling and just do it. Bitch , cuss, complain out loud and while your doing gear up, prep, and get yourself inside the gym. By the time you start your first set you’ll have something else to preoccupy yourself besides how its so comfortable being out with the mates, hooting at the walking bombshell, and/or just marinating somewhere that requires no thought or movement.

If you could only see me at a stop light cussing that I don’t want to do a optional workout and that my extra cheat meal was for bulking purposes then forcing my body to drive the other way to the gym on the green instead of auto-piloting home.

Since I don’t like to repost what I’ve already written elsewhere , here is a link to some motivating actions, thoughts, and words.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1950388

Its great fun ~