Keep Cutting or Bulk?

So after i left football, I started to cut, went from 240 to 198. I still have a slight belly and above 20% bodyfat, but i also lost a lot of muscle. Should I keep cutting or start putting on muscle and then cut? Im 6â??1, 18.

[quote]amar654 wrote:
So after i left football, I started to cut, went from 240 to 198. I still have a slight belly and above 20% bodyfat, but i also lost a lot of muscle. Should I keep cutting or start putting on muscle and then cut? Im 6â??1, 18.
[/quote]

If you cut to still over 20% bodyfat, you really shouldn’t have lost much muscle.

I personally don’t like being that chubby, so I’d drop the pudge.

What were you doing to cut? Give example of eating, training, and how long it took to cut 40 lbs.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
What were you doing to cut? Give example of eating, training, and how long it took to cut 40 lbs. [/quote]
Yep, this is all relevant and will give big clues as to how to best proceed.

Also, like DD said, odds are you didn’t lose all that much muscle given your current condition. What makes you think you did? Did you lose a lot of strength on the basic lifts?

So, yeah, you can almost-certainly tweak your nutrition and training to drop more fat and get into better shape. Is there a concrete goal you’re shooting for?

In agreement with everything just posted. If you switch to doing things better than I would guess you have been, you could ideally pack some muscle on while still tightening up in the process.

Give us a better insight into what you’ve done.

S

Pretty much worthless to start a thread like this without pictures, if you want even a CHANCE at getting good advice…

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Pretty much worthless to start a thread like this without pictures, if you want even a CHANCE at getting good advice…[/quote]

Bingo.

It depends on how lean you want to get. If you’re not as lean as you want to be then keep cutting. If you’re happy with how lean you are and want to gain muscle then start eating appropriately for that. And please don’t just “bulk” and get fat, you can gain muscle while maintaining certain leanness you just need to understand its a slow process.