KD13 Not Very Strongman

This is also great, can’t understand him and the music is terrible. But he has the physique I could only dream of!

1 Like

Yeah I will be including these along the way. Not as sadistic as you so maybe not 10x10!

Does anyone have any good form tip videos for rdl? I’m pretty hit and miss on getting a good feeling with them.

1 Like

[quote=“kd13, post:102, topic:225168”]
Does anyone have any good form tip videos for rdl? I’m pretty hit and miss on getting a good feeling with them.

Wow, great progress. Especially noticeable in your chest and shoulders, compared to earlier photos. What’s your carb intake like these days?

To be honest with you I am a terrible macro/calorie counter! I add up a day every couple of weeks just to check that it’s about what I’m aiming for and then I just aim to eat similar each day.

Before I started cutting I was easily 500+ carbs everyday. I would have 100g of ground oats morning and 100g evening, 100g powdered carb around training (maltodextrin or highly branched) plus 50g+ at each of my 3 other meals, then snacks and the carbs in fruit and veg.

But to be honest that left me with a lot of bloat and stomach discomfort most days. When I started to cut, inches dropped off my stomach almost instantly. I believe gut inflammation is a massive factor in ruining your gains. CT has spoke about this on a few occasions. I started replacing the majority of my carbs for more veg, so I was having meat and veg with a side of veg and veg for pudding!

The past 4 months I’ve built my meals around the same concept as when I was on a cut but adding in the carb source. I’m still around 300+ carbs only now I’m eating so much more veg. Carb is from white rice or potatoes at most meals.

2 Likes

@duketheslaya thanks for the link. I will play about with chest up and chin tucked tonight, not sure I do that so hopefully that helps.

1 Like

500 reps you say… That sounds awful

Yeah it is, most folk can prob stop reading after the first line though and never inflict this on themselves!

1 Like

Yep that’s me out. I’m more likely to push press double bw than ever strict press bw haha

No way, you could easily put body weight up surely?!

Seen your recent posts in your log and you have a great deal of muscle and lean as hell. Looking incredible.

2 Likes

Haha nah man I suck at strict press! Most I’ve got was 5kg shy of bodyweight, I’m much better at push press and jerks of all kinds. I’ve got small ass front delt so I just really struggle to get it moving, once I get it to where my Triceps take over I’m all good, but yeah strict press kicks my ass!

Cheers for the compliments man I appreciate that!

You’re looking jacked as fuck bro

2 Likes

Your pretty much there then!

I know its probably not one of your goals but there are 2 things that helped me achieve it. I will tag @duketheslaya because he is currently on a overhead press kick.

First one was this video.

The shoulder shelf thing really helped straight away getting the bar moving. Felt so much more powerful until my triceps could help out.

the other thing is the seated half press from pins. Really overloading the weight for sets of 3. Great help for lockout.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag, i will give shoulder shelfing a try although it looks kind of difficult to get the hang of.

4 sets walking lunges
4x8 squat 80kg (going lighter and working on form)
3x10 rdl 70kg (again playing with technique)
Water barrel push 5 lengths

Then played about with bench and did some bonus chest

4x10 flat bench 60kg
4x12 incline flies 14kg

2 Likes

5x6 military press 58kg
4x6 deadlift 101kg + amrap x12 (straps)
3x12 side laterals
50 dips
Mixture of single arm and normal carries 3 sets

I’ve upped my eating game now that I’m putting in more work and getting more consistent with the sessions.

3 Likes

how’s the bambino getting on? Taught him to deadlift yet?

1 Like

Yeah he is good thank you, when I train out in the garden he sits with his mum in the conservatory and watches me with a confused look on his face. He is a bit of tank but I guess he is on gomad!

How’s things you?

2 Likes

just make sure he’s squatting low bar!

Aye I’m good mate, same old same old!

1 Like

Latest additions, not used mma gloves before, gonna take awhile for my hands and wrists to toughen up again! Need better fixings for the bag as I’ve managed to knock it loose after only a few rounds.

3 Likes

Training in the evenings is no longer working, I’m missing too many sessions or cutting them short. The only downtime I’m getting in the evening is after little one has gone to bed, trying to train then means zero quality time with my wife. I won’t compromise quality time with my family so I have decided to train early in the morning.

Little one wakes for his feed at 6.30, so I will have breakfast then, play for a bit then train before I leave for work. I dislike training early so got to find a way to make it better for me.

1 Like