KD13 Not Very Strongman

Um… I’m not buying it. :stuck_out_tongue:
Has your baby arrived?

1 Like

Yep here in all his pooping screaming glory! I’ve wanted to be a dad for so long that I’m enjoying every minute of it.

Are you still running your more relaxed version of the green faces? If so how are you finding it?

2 Likes

Training from home at the minute. Don’t have much equipment but had a good session.

Rest pause press ups (doggcrap)
Landmine press 5×15
Single arm landmine row 3×amrap
Barbell curl rest pause (doggcrap style)
Band pull aparts 5×20
Loaded carries 3×2min

I’m going to buy something to allow me to chin up and dip and will get some extra plates to allow me to deadlift.

Starting to make some strong man stuff also, the loaded carries were done with some large water containers, with water they are around 30kg each. Will fill them with sand to up the weight.

2 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations! :baby:t3::blush:

A lot of my meals are Green Face compliant. But, I have incorporated pretty much everything & anything back into my diet. The main change I’ve made since the diet is consuming less protein powder, protein bars and Splenda. Trying to eat real food instead of supplementing out of laziness and the fact that I want everything to be sweet.

1 Like

@jamie1888 sound like a good plan, will be much more sustainable long term. Will be keeping up to date with your log.

Home session again,

Rest pause press ups 29/11/9
Single arm row 3x amrap
Land mine press 3×15
Kettle bell hammer curl 4×12
Kettle bell side lat 3×15
Rest pause military press 13/7/4

2 Likes

Brought this door chin up bar for days when the weather is bad.

So tonight I did 5 chins every minute on the minute for 10min. 50 chins in 10 minutes, will do 6 on the minute next time.

Ordering this for outdoors

I can do my weighted stuff on that and will get some rings to attach to it for ring dips.

2 Likes

Current back pic, I have no idea how to pose! My biceps seem to disappear when I try and get a picture of a back double bi.

Weight is creeping back up, struggling to fit sessions in as still adjusting to life with the little one.

2 Likes

Just a little update on my current diet and training situation.

Since finishing the transformation I went back to just eating whatever I liked when I felt like it, for me this is maintenance. To bulk I have to really force feed, not been doing that though as training has been very slack after the birth of my son. My weight went back up very quickly to 73kg within 2 weeks and has stayed there for 7 weeks holding steady.

I am terrible at training from home! I’ve done the odd session here and there but cant get motivated with the equipment I have and the distractions. I’m wanting to spend as much time with my son as possible and this is taking priority. I’m considering returning to the gym soon hopefully twice a week and then 1 from home.

Physique wise I’m holding up okay, starting to feel like I may be starting to lose muscle. Arms and delts are most noticeable, which is to be expected as these are the two areas I had been focusing on most recently. Relatively lean still so that’s a positive.

Back in the gym today!

Low inline db press - 3×12
Pec deck- 1 rest pause set 15/8/5
Smith shoulder press 3x8
Side laterals - 6kg×10 4kgx15 2kgx25 (no rest)
Leg press - 3x8
Leg extension - 3x12
Tricep tri set - 1 run through (push down, close hand press up, overhead) failure on all 3

Finished off with some ab work

1 Like

Home workout

Chin ups 4x8
Bent over underhand row 3×15
Band pull apart 4×20
Barbell curl 3×10
Kettle bell hammer curls 2 x failure
Shrugs with my water barrels 1x 25

3 Likes

Been repeating the workouts and progressing despite only training x2 a week. Eating at what I believe to be slightly above maintenance, gaining very slowly and keeping some abs.

Contemplating really pushing up cals to see if I can get back up to 80kg but fear that training less I will be sloppy at that weight.

4 Likes

Was clearing out an old stock room at work and found some poles and joiners. Cut the poles down and cleaned every thing up.

Spent a bit of time building and created this

Need a bit of work on the the base as was only using what I had in the shed but pretty sturdy!

Here are my water containers for carries.

4 Likes

Arms circuit tonight. 4 circuits no rest between exercises.

Dips x10 bw
Hammer curl x8 14kg
Close hand press up x12
Barbell curl x12 35kg

Then some ab circuit work 2 sets

Dip bar leg raises x10
Weighted sit ups x10
Plate twists x 20
Dip bar knee raises x failure

Single arm carries 1 minute a side
Double arm 1 minute 30 seconds

2 Likes

Hey man! How are things going

Hey buddy, things are good thank you.

Training wise it could be better, much better! But that’s the sacrifice I have to make to spend as much time as I can with my boy.

Physique wise I’m holding up better than I though with such a lack of training. I’ve lost size which is to be expected but I still look alright.

Life wise things are great, being a dad is everything I hoped it would be.

how’s things with you? Been checking in on your log and it looks like your doing well. I think we both change our goals and program far to often! Lol

1 Like

Form check, I can see I few things I think could be better but would like a more knowledgeable eye.

Pulling from lower position due to only having 10kg plates, this is 230lb so only light. I can pull 400+ but don’t have the weight at home so deciding to work on form and getting in more reps until I source some cheap 20kg plates or find the time to get back to the actual gym!

1 Like

@littlesleeper @BOTSLAYER @MarkKO @ActivitiesGuy @flipcollar

Hope You guys don’t mind the tag, any form advice or programming advice with higher rep deadlift.

Thanks

1 Like

@kd13 I think it really depends on why you’re doing high rep DL. Very generally, I’d probably say avoid anything over 10 reps per set; no more than one set of 5-10 with heavier loads per week; and for volume you may do better deadlifting more often, like twice a week (in which case one day would be way lighter). Within that you can progress it like any other lift: slow and steady will work better in the long term.

2 Likes

It’s more out of necessity than preference buddy, I normally go 5 reps tops but the weight I have would make this far too easy. I’m on the hunt for some cheap 20kg plates as we speak.

1 Like

Sounds like things are great man! And at least you dont have to worry about having the “dad bod” , sorry for the late reply i didnt get a notification.
Things are going pretty good!, yeah i agree , i must change my mind on things 50 times a month lol!