KD13 Not Very Strongman

This is the new game plan, sessions are short, basic equipment, simple progression, don’t need to keep stripping weights, I get to do sets of 3 which I love and supersetting opposing muscle groups/movement planes has worked very well for me in the past.

Did the first session this morning, think I went a bit light with the weights, slow easy start will do me good though. Finished session with some additional arm work in 30 minutes.

10 triples bench
10 triples bent over row

2x12 hammer
2x12 kick backs

I was in the same boat. Simply doing it worked for me. Still not happy doing heavy squats early, but other than that I’m now completely fine training in the wee hours.

1 Like

I always feel really dehydrated training in the morning and just lacking fuel in general, yesterday was not too bad, but that was low reps and upper body. Next session is squats so will see how that works out!

jesus christ your back and shoulders have grown so much!, keep up the hard work!

1 Like

@random8889 thanks buddy

Had a few day off as went on holiday for a long weekend. I climbed one of the days so got a really good workout and rode a bike all weekend with a trailer attached with the boy in, so legs got some good work!

Today was,

5 sets of 10 front squat
5 sets of 10 calf raise
5 sets of 10 leg raises

And it sucked as much as I thought it would first thing in the morning.

3 Likes

Chins and military press superset
5 sets of 10

Was supposed to be chin and dips in the routine but I’ve swapped dips for press because my lower chest is probably more developed than my upper chest and shoulders are always my priority!

No added arm work today but I may sneak some in later today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

breakfast 1
100g granola with added fresh berries

breakfast 2
2 skyr yoghurt, 2 slices of super seed bread, pint of milk.

meal 1
250g white rice, 2 tins of tuna, bag of mixed veg.

meal 2
2 large baked potatoes, 250g of minced beef, peppers, tomatoes, green beans, onion, chilli.

meal 3 evening
What ever is cooking! + 2 slices of seed bread, pint of milk.
Always meat, carb source and veg. Sometimes clean sometimes not but I won’t sacrifice meal times with my family to eat like a body builder!

meal 4 pudding
Mango, cherries, honey, almonds, natural yoghurt.

snacks
100g of mixed nuts and dried fruit.
Bar of dark chocolate.
Apple, orange
Anything I want!

This is my current eating situation, the meals change slightly but for the most part it’s as above. No restrictions, eating to make the scale move!

Not logged my training in a while but still running anti hypertrophy programme and enjoying it. Training in morning still sucks balls, but it’s allowing me to be consistent.

5 Likes

You’ll get used to morning training. It takes a while is all.

I’m finding the strength work fine, the 2 days that are 10 sets of 3 reps are going great. The 5 sets of 10 rep days suck the life out of me, Better that than keep missing sessions though!

2 Likes

Today’s session was the last one in the anti programme. I’ve enjoyed it a lot, I really liked the 10x3 work, progressing to 10x4 and then 10x5. I feel like this is a great stimulus for me, and is a good way of getting decently heavy loads up for high volume. It’s because of that that I’ve decided to start over with the programme, adding extra weight to each lift.

Not stepped on the scale in 3 or 4 weeks but I’m pretty sure I’ve put on some good weight. Will weigh in over weekend.

2 Likes

Starting to get a bit softer around the waist and chest which is the first place I start losing definition! Can’t let it distract me from my game plan though. I know I would lean down pretty quick just dropping out of full eat everything in sight mode, so I’ve got to ignore the chub. Starting to look bigger in clothes and all the carbs are leaving my shoulders and arms looking full and pretty vascular.

Lifts are progressing, scale is moving up, training is getting more and more consistent.

Down side is that my digestive system is playing up, as it always does when I eat to gain, which then leads to my skin getting sensitive. I think I have a slight problem with gluten.

Back pic from today. Spots and all, see you can get spots for other reasons than gear!

7 Likes

Dude, your back is looking pretty damn thicc! Even your triceps stand out from behind.

1 Like

Traps are lagging though, I’ve never really shrugged and went off deadlift for a while, I’m looking at building them up and will prob start adding shrugs when this routine is up. I’ve also notice a loss in rear delt size, which is to be expected as I was doing a bit of a rear delt blast before and training them 3 times a week, when this current programme is up I will get back to hitting them frequently.

I’m an arms dominant presser who loves dips and overhead pin press, I can thank those for my half decent triceps!

1 Like

That’s looking good man.

Here is my current routine, made a few changes to the original routine after completed the first cycle.

Day 1
Flat bench 10 sets 3 reps last set amrap
BB row 10 sets 3 reps last set amrap
BB curl 5 sets 3 reps
French press 5 sets 3 reps

Day 2
Rest

Day 3
Deadlift 10 sets of 3 reps
Side lat 3 sets of 15 reps
Band pull apart 3 sets 20 reps

Day 4
Rest

Day 5
Military press 5 sets of 10 reps
Db row 5 sets of 10 reps
Rear delt fly 4 sets of 15

Day 6 rest

Day 7
Back squat 5 sets of 10 reps
Ez curl 4 sets of 10 reps
Close hand press up 3 sets to failure

Day 8
Rest

It’s than repeated over but with 10x4 then the next week 10x5. Small weight increase in all other lifts. The arm work is optional, if I’m short on time it is sacrificed.

I plan on adding a set of high rep squats once a week, which day I add that will depend on fitting it around my football. The idea is to spike hunger and I’ve heard too much good stuff about 20+rep in terms of gaining mass to not give them a try.

2 Likes

Great log buddy. Scrolling frm Jan through to now and you are both bigger and leaner. Impressive stuff, especially thickness in the back!

1 Like

Tren + Dbol back for sure!

JK, and I know nothing about gear, so those two things together may not even make sense.

#fakenattyofcourse

1 Like

FWIW I also get Natty ‘Backne’, and it corrolates highly with dairy consumption in my case. Something to consider if it bothers you too.

Mine seemingly correlates to alcohol and potato chips.

2 Likes

@littlesleeper if that’s the case then why are my traps not massive, with all those androgen receptors there I should be yoked!

@Pinkylifting thanks for taking the time to read through. It Well could be dairy related, the main things I consume when I bulk are whole milk and bread! Dermatologist don’t agree but I think it’s linked to diet.

1 Like