KD13 Not Very Strongman

Yeah defo! Have you watched the JP education series? He makes the point that even if you have been training a long time, if you are out there looking at how you should be training to grow then you clearly havnt figured out so start at the beginning with the full body.

It would be easy to just assume im more advanced than that and skip a few steps but i think it would be detrimental.

1 Like

I love that idea of Starting back at the Beginning.

I saw one JP video, the full body one throwaway posted a week or 2 ago. I need to check out the other ones. He had a cool perspective. I just started with some Conjugate style stuff last week, now I’m obsessed with beating the log-book too.

I feel behind the times! I few dudes had been talking about liking what Peters had to say, or following Peters’ routines, and I thought they were talking about a Ewe-Tube philosopher guy.

1 Like

Get after it buddy!

JP is a smart guy as well as being a beast, i like his simplicity.

So many ways to acheive the same thing, but the principles remain consistant, Tracking progress, managing intensity, volume and frequency.

1 Like

These 0.5 kgs biscuits are coming in very handy!

3 Likes

3 months gone by since i decided to really push for some weight gain by implementing some of the stuff from John Meadows diet video.

Made it to 14lb up, obviously some fluff has come along with that but overall im happy with that over the 3 months and will continue on for the next 3. Looking much bigger in clothes and they all feel tighter.

Only concern is i appear to have what looks like cellulite like fat on my obliques, which im hoping will just disapear when i lean out again.

1 Like

Had a few off sessions the past week or so, things have felt heavy and too many exercises ive just managed to equal my rep prs or if ive upped weight on the bar ive dropped a couple of reps.

Going to ride it out for another rotation of sessions and see whats whats. Sleep hasn’t been the best but i do feel recovered going into the sessions. Weight is still creeping up so dont think its diet, just an off week most likely!

Looked over my weights from start of the full body to now and its not bad progress, pretty happy.

Put these two pics side by side after posting the skinny one in the wrist thread, thought i would drop it here.

6 Likes

Massive difference between the two, the workouts are obviously working well.

1 Like

Yeah man, ok growth in 3 months isnt it :rofl:

2 Likes

Those newbie gains :rofl:

Hit 6 reps with my previous 3 rep max on flat bench tonight, im over the moon with that in 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Its a cold one out here this morning! The bin man gloves are back.

2 Likes

My effort at a side chest, i have no idea how to pose :sweat_smile:

Sessions are getting hard at the minute, progress is slowing but still moving in the right direction most days on most exercises. Im getting ready for a bit of a deload though and the christmas break will work perfectly. this is probably the longest ive gone balls to the wall for in a long time, im usually 6 weeks tops before i need to back it off. Which i think is down to the nice balance of volume, frequency and high intensity of this routine.

4 Likes

Nice week off all training, will restart again tonight.

Although the sand bag and carry stuff is on pause whilst committing to this JP full body, these came up and will come in handy so purchased them…40kg and 60kg atlas balls.

5 Likes

Had a little play with the atlas balls this morning. Did 30 over the shoulders with the 40kg in 5 min (terrible i know) and then loaded the 60kg onto a stack of tyres 20 times in 4 sets of 5. My conditioning is pretty poor at the minute!

The combination of a week off and a poor diet (also didnt have intra drink, but i think thats lesser of the issue) means i had pretty bad doms from the last full body session. A return to work in a couple of days will mean a more consistant diet and routine.

I loaded up all my start weights from my first session and hit new rep prs with them. Every exercise i added 5+reps, some of them i doubled. Very happy with the progress.

2 Likes

Ive been having an intra workout drink for the past couple of months consisting of…

15g essential amino acids (15g powder = 7g of actual eaa)
25g highly branched cyclical dextrin
5g creatine
1.5g of electrolytes

Seems to be working ok, but i feel ive got a lot of things dialled in well currently so how much this is contributing is unknown. Cheap enough buying it all in bulk so its not hurting to keep taking it for now.

3 Likes

Not much logging of workouts in here, im finding that beating the log book has become a personal battle and progressing honestly (without sloppy rushed reps) is easier without logging here. Its weird i know, but is what it is.

So will just drop thoughts and tips every now and then.

Tip for today…
Log how your last rep of your set felt and moved in your log book. 10 reps with the last a grinder and 10 reps with a strong last rep are not the same and is progress but your log book may not show that.

3 Likes

@throwawayfitness its the online equivelent of hitting some heavy triples instead of rep work because the gym is full of ‘competition’ :rofl:

1 Like

Annoyingly i got hit with a flu like sickness bug on friday. Had 3 days of sub 500 cals, just couldnt stomach anything. Felt better the the past couple of days but still have little appetite, ive eaten much more today.

Decided to train tonight as i was feeling up to it but it soon became obvious i was not, weak as piss and way off the targets on the first 3 exercises so decided to just get some quality not to failure sets in and a nice pump for the rest of the session.

2 Likes

Whenever that happens I always feel SO small. Like, all of my musculature has melted away even though I know it’s not true.

1 Like

Absolutly, 4lb down in 4 days, 1lb of pure muscle dropped a day!

1 Like