T Nation

Kayveeay's RMP ***Updated***

PLEASE SKIP TO END OF THREAD TO VIEW LATEST PHOTO.

I have also been training roughly the same time as you, and though i don’t see any before shots, i think you should definitely work on big compound moves such as deadlift and squats, slap some more mass on your lean frame.

You don’t look like a bodybuilder, what are your goals? Don’t shy away from clean protein-rich foods, good width on your back. Where are the wheels? Post some leg, side and front shots, as the more experienced board members will definitely shoot you down for that.

Front Shot

I’m not a bodybuilder, lol.
My goal is 6’1 190 lbs, 7% bodyfat. right now I’m 175 about 9-10%

My goals aren’t really strength oriented as much ase they are aesthetic. I’d like to bench 225 for at least 8 reps.
Biceps 16-17" range

You’ve come to the right place, your goals look pretty reasonable, adding 15 pounds of muscle should take around 6 months with proper diet and training. Shoot for around 3 pound gain a month, any more and you risk excessive fat gain and i take it Muay Thai doesn’t take kindly to fat fighters :smiley:

Look up a calorie calculator, read up on some of the great bulking articles in the site and hit the heavy weights!

As for your lower back, Deadlifts, Good Mornings and weighted back extensions will add mass and definition to it. I’ll stop writing now, and let the more experienced members give you advice since i’m a newbie myself.

Actually I should probably clarify something.
In one week I am starting a cycle of testosterone enanthate 500mg/week for 10 weeks.
I’ve already delt with all the flamers (haters) about me not being at max potential etc…
It’s a personal decision, so to any future posters, please be aware I’m past the debating point, just trying to get some advice on particular muscle groups that need working on especially. Obviosuly everything will explode, but if something is lacking now, it could get farther behind if I don’t start working it more.

BTW because I know I will get asked, 5500 calories/day.
Back/Chest
Legs
Shoulders
Arms
Day off
Repeat.
Abs 3x week

I don’t think I’m shooting for a 3lb/month gain :wink:

Thanks for the replies keki!

[quote]kayveeay wrote:
Actually I should probably clarify something.
In one week I am starting a cycle of testosterone enanthate 500mg/week for 10 weeks.
Obviosuly everything will explode,

[/quote]

I would lower your expectations a little, everything is NOT going to explode I’m Afraid.

Steroid users that are huge and ripped use many other compounds to get that way, and have probably been using for quite a few years, and most importantly will have been much bigger than what you are now before they started using AAS.

You will not “explode” on 500mg of Test E per week.

Going from 175 to roughly 200 over the summer… I consider exploding. :slight_smile:

I’m aware I’m not going to be 240 and ripped to shreds after one cycle

You expect to add 2.5 lbs of lean body mass each week for ten weeks with your first Test only cycle?

Good luck :slight_smile:

Nice to see another Muay Thai practitioner on the forum, welcome. To aid in your bulking program, look into some cleans, snatches, clean&jerks, deadlifts, etc. More heavy compound movements.

I respect your decision to go on a cycle, but you should consider how that would effect your muay thai/mma training. It will slow you down as your muscles get bigger and you pack on more weight. The weight you’re trying to put on is completely reasonable with what most of the guys have been telling you, heavy weights low reps. Are you putting fighting on hold while you bulk?

Electric- I would certainly like to!

AquilaV- I am still going to be training while on cycle. I’ll be using Adex .25 mg EOD to control bloat. I’m aware I will get somewhat slower, but overtime I’m sure my body will adjust. (hence the fact that there are fat guys who can strike faster than myself)

My goal is to go from 175 to approx 200-205, and then cut to 190. At 205 I won’t be fat, unless I add 30 lbs of fat, because I’m 6’1. I’d like to be 190 and have a fight weight of 185

You are light-years away from considering a cycle. You have the ability to to gain muscle by the looks of it without steroids; why would you resort to a cycle? I think it was Dave Tate said, “Steroids are like your Ace card. Once you play it, you’ve got nothing left,” or something along those lines. Basically, you should pack on as much muscle as possible before doing a cycle.

As for a program, based on what you look like now with how long you’ve been “seriously” training, I would recommend something low volume. Check out Coach Thibs’ articles as he is quite good with ectos. 5x5, Anti-Bodybuilding Training, HST (never a big fan of it though), or something else centered around compound movements will work well. You’re tall and lean so some direct arm work might be helpful as well.

[quote]AquilaV wrote:

I respect your decision to go on a cycle, but you should consider how that would effect your muay thai/mma training. It will slow you down as your muscles get bigger and you pack on more weight. [/quote]

I do not mean to sound rude but I do not agree with this in the slightest. Increasing weight 30lbs, 20 of that being muscle, WHILE training for muay thai at the same time should not slow him down. I gained 50lbs (40lbs muscle) over the course of 9 months and my 40 time decreased.

JT- I started reading your post and was like uhhh did you see the part about I already decided? but then I saw the constructive advice, thank you much. I’ll be using OVT (thib’s version)
basically 5x5 supersets.

and your second post was even better. I am planning on 30 lbs/ 20 muscle lbs gain, and if it slows me down in the slightest, I’m sure once my body adjusts and I cut i’ll be much quicker.

I’d hold off on the juice for now, kid. Way too early. You can easily get to 195-200 at around 12-13% naturally, see how you feel at that point and reconsider.

Besides you don;t have a good base. YOu are very weak for your weight at this point, even with the poorer levers at your height. Your lower back is non existent, do you at least do hyperextensions? Do you ROW for fuck’s sake? and of course, do you work your legs in any way?

Youve got AT LEAST 2-3 years of natural training left in you and the better the base you have before your cycle, the better you will STAY when you go OFF.

BTW, I have no idea about muay thai, but Ive known MMA fighters your height who fight at over 200 pounds.
Try the natural tstosterone boosters liek Alpha Male and train naturally for a while before beginning your first cycle?

EDIT:: So youve already decided to do a cycle. Nice. Well, its your body…Natural selection is not to be reasoned with. So godspeed. Disregard my post.

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:

EDIT:: So youve already decided to do a cycle. Nice. Well, its your body…Natural selection is not to be reasoned with. So godspeed. Disregard my post.[/quote]

It’s very hard to disregard your post when you bring up such a strong point.

I work legs. Did you see my training I listed?

Thanks for the replies.

What would you all suggest for lower back, besides deadlifts? (which I just started doing a couple months ago)

[quote]jt339 wrote:
AquilaV wrote:

I respect your decision to go on a cycle, but you should consider how that would effect your muay thai/mma training. It will slow you down as your muscles get bigger and you pack on more weight.

I do not mean to sound rude but I do not agree with this in the slightest. Increasing weight 30lbs, 20 of that being muscle, WHILE training for muay thai at the same time should not slow him down. I gained 50lbs (40lbs muscle) over the course of 9 months and my 40 time decreased.
[/quote]

Not rude at all dude. I understand your point, but I am more concerned with the amount of weight he will gain over a short period of time. If you gained 50 lbs (which is a lot) over the course of 9 months that would equal 4.5 to 5lbs a month, which is hard work but definitely doable. The important factor is that it gives the body time to adapt to the weight gain therefore not sacrificing too much in speed and technique. Our OP here intends to put on weight at a faster pace, and my concern is that with such a drastic change the body will not keep up with the fight training (especially Muay Thai). I’ve known dudes to go on cycles for MMA, especially grapplers but I just don’t think a cycle will aid in Muay Thai. Curious to know your thoughts or anyone elses.

Also what was your training routine when you bulked up 50 lbs? I am curious to know because thats a good amount of muscle, way to be on that one. Cheers

to be honest, you look like you use the perfect pushup or something and not much else. i’m sorry about your decision to cycle when you “started deadlifting a couple months ago”. not a good idea, but let us know how it goes.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
to be honest, you look like you use the perfect pushup or something and not much else. i’m sorry about your decision to cycle when you “started deadlifting a couple months ago”. not a good idea, but let us know how it goes.[/quote]

It’s hard to deadlift with a lower back injury.
Perfect pushup? C’mon bro.

I know I’m no pro bodybuilder, and probably smaller than most on this board, but I certainly know what the hell I’m doing with my cycle, unlike a lot of 25 year old’s that are hyuuuuge.

I will keep you all updated in my log, which is in the steroid forum.