Karate Girl vs Gym Rat Guy

On a serious note,

If it’s only Karate the girl knows, I’d wager she probably won’t have any chance of winning… unless she stops that big fucker with a vicious kick to the balls, and then, gouge his eyes out while he’s down on his knees, grunting in pain… or maybe, elbow him on the back of his head while he’s down on his knees, grunting in pain…

Now, if she had some extended knowledge and training in Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Judo/Jiu Jitsu and Krav maga … the fight would take a different turn.

All I need is a big booty hoe!!! (That’ll make it clap)

[quote]CircaThursday wrote:

[quote]Typhoon wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

The guy is 6 foot 3 and bench press 270 weights 215
girl is 5 foot 3 150 pounds
dojo is not full contact [/quote]

She sounds like a round little thing with a big juicy ass. Do you have any pictures or a phone number? More importantly does she have a restraining order against you or anyone associated with you?[/quote]
lol I do like thick shortys with a booty. I promise thus thread is not personal or biased. I just have my uneducated opinion. Maybe I should rephrase the question. Can the average black belt girl defeat a buff guy who is bigger than her?[/quote]

Facepalm
[/quote]
lol. So who wins?[/quote]

Her lawyer

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind about who is going to win and are setting up the circumstances to match the outcome you want to hear us say. What is the point of this thread?[/quote]
I ask so I can learn the effectiveness of the average dojo training. as well as how tough a trained woman is compred to a body building man. im not just being a douche [/quote]

Got someone in mind to rape this weekend?

Cos that’s what it sounds like.

I had a feeling everyone in general has an opinion on this matter. very informative so far"
-the average dojo is a joke
-karate is less effective than muay thai or jujitsu and krav maga
-everyone loves a plump booty
-a street fight is not comparable to a fight on the mat
-bitches get real crazy real fast (JK lol)
-no competitive martial disciple truly prepares a person for a mismatch in a real world environment

edited

[quote]Kirks wrote:

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind about who is going to win and are setting up the circumstances to match the outcome you want to hear us say. What is the point of this thread?[/quote]
I ask so I can learn the effectiveness of the average dojo training. as well as how tough a trained woman is compred to a body building man. im not just being a douche [/quote]

Got someone in mind to rape this weekend?

Cos that’s what it sounds like.[/quote]
no. hell no. what guy has not wondered if a karate girl could whip his ass.

other question: is it a myth or true that a woman cannot take a legitimate punch from man?[/quote]

You definitely must have something kinky in mind, uh?

Are you planning to punch her till she loses consciousness?

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

other question: is it a myth or true that a woman cannot take a legitimate punch from man?[/quote]

[/quote]
naw when a girl tells me to beat it up I know what she means. im NOT crazy

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Mind set and perhaps willingness/ability to deploy weapons is the game changer in non-scripted, non-competition based violence. Mind set really is what matters. So to answer your question, the right 130lbs girl, against some body builder, might well smash his head in with a rock and not stop pounding 'til he’s no threat to anyone. Most people, male or female, do not have the mind set to fair well in ungoverned violence. No competition based combat in itself equips you to win a mismatched fight against an opponent who may be playing by a separate set of rules (in the case of your example, technique (karate) vs (strength/size)). Doesn’t mean she won’t still fuck him up. One of the things I learned working doors was that it’s amazing how ready women can be to throw down, and to dramatically escalate a situation in levels of violence. Underestimate people at your peril, at least when it comes to violence. A healthy disdain for the cognitive efficiency of most of humanity is probably fairly legitimate. [/quote]

Pretty much this, as well as what Sento said earlier.

It really comes down to which Karate Girl vs which Bodybuilder Dude. People win fights, systems/styles don’t. I’ve known some big guys who couldn’t/wouldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag and a few girls who would just stab the guy and be done with it. It’s about real aggression and who has it. That’s not something you build in a the gym or the dojo, IMO. If the guy has an aversion to hitting women (as most of us do) that can go a long way to equalizing the disparity in size and strength if she has no such compunctions. I know I ended up playing paddycake with a few belligerent drunk girls while working the door who I would have dropped pretty quickly had they been guys behaving in the same manner. I was younger then.

That being said, if she wins it won’t be because she “used Karate” per se but rather because she engaged first with speed, surprise and violence of action and employed asymmetrical rules of engagement combined with animal savagery and unalloyed intent to tear the guy a new one before he really knew he was in a fight. Karate technique will probably have almost nothing to do with it. Structured technique of any kind rarely has anything to do with real world violence. In fact, her training may actually do more harm than good as the stark difference between the reality of a street encounter and what happens in a typical dojo can cause brainlock in a lot of cases.

It’s kind of an odd question though.

Edited

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

(Edit for clarity) Circathursday, I know a lot of girls that could kick your arse. If you have to ask the question, the answer is probably yes, you’re going to be the victim of someone who weighs 130lbs. May as well stick to the internet.

To answer your question, you only have to look at Nic Adams, or any of the olympics girls to see they are legit fighters who’d kick the shit out of a lot of guys.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

Mind set and perhaps willingness/ability to deploy weapons is the game changer in non-scripted, non-competition based violence. Mind set really is what matters. So to answer your question, the right 130lbs girl, against some body builder, might well smash his head in with a rock and not stop pounding 'til he’s no threat to anyone. Most people, male or female, do not have the mind set to fair well in ungoverned violence. No competition based combat in itself equips you to win a mismatched fight against an opponent who may be playing by a separate set of rules (in the case of your example, technique (karate) vs (strength/size)). Doesn’t mean she won’t still fuck him up. One of the things I learned working doors was that it’s amazing how ready women can be to throw down, and to dramatically escalate a situation in levels of violence. Underestimate people at your peril, at least when it comes to violence. A healthy disdain for the cognitive efficiency of most of humanity is probably fairly legitimate. [/quote]

It really comes down to which Karate Girl vs which Bodybuilder Dude. People win fights, systems/styles don’t. I’ve known some big guys who couldn’t/wouldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag and a few girls who would just stab the guy and be done with it. It’s about real aggression and who has it. That’s not something you build in a the gym or the dojo, IMO. If the guy has an aversion to hitting women (as most of us do) that can go a long way to equalizing the disparity in size and strength if she has no such compunctions. I know I ended up playing paddycake with a few belligerent drunk girls while working the door who I would have dropped pretty quickly had they been guys behaving in the same manner. I was younger then.

That being said, if she wins it won’t be because she “used Karate” per se but rather because she engaged first with speed, surprise and violence of action and employed asymmetrical rules of engagement combined with animal savagery and unalloyed intent to tear the guy a new one before he really knew he was in a fight. Karate technique will probably have almost nothing to do with it. Structured technique of any kind rarely has anything to do with real world violence. In fact, her training may actually do more harm than good as the stark difference between the reality of a street encounter and what happens in a typical dojo can cause brainlock in a lot of cases.

Edited

[/quote]
thanks. I guess my question is solved (from all the posters)

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

(Edit for clarity) Circathursday, I know a lot of girls that could kick your arse. If you have to ask the question, the answer is probably yes, you’re going to be the victim of someone who weighs 130lbs. May as well stick to the internet.

To answer your question, you only have to look at Nic Adams, or any of the olympics girls to see they are legit fighters who’d kick the shit out of a lot of guys. [/quote]
I have no doubt I would not win against high level competitive girls. There is a reason why i said the average blackbelt from the average dojo.
and i don’t see many girls fight guys. I thought they are more prone to injury as well.
I might seem like a jerk but I was educated by this thread thanks. and no I don’t act like a hardass (towards women or men) in life or internet im just curious.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

Edited

[/quote]
so karate training will not save a person from a more powerful vicious opponent in a weaponless fight?
[/quote]

No type of training will save a person if they lack the resolve to apply it viciously. Even in the absence of any training at all, resolve and aggression alone are often adequate to win the day. Karate specifically, especially the type of no-contact-mcdojo-cardio-kickboxing variety you have described to set up your scenario is not at all combat effective IMO, so no, it will not in and of itself overcome the massive disparity you have set up in your scenario.

In fact, if we change your scenario to 2 dudes of equal size and strength and one has a mcdojo black belt but no real aggression or resolve and the other has no training but a high level of aggression and resolve and a real will to do the other guy harm, my money’s on the untrained guy.

As far as a weaponless fight, no such thing outside a ring/cage.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

Edited

[/quote]
so karate training will not save a person from a more powerful vicious opponent in a weaponless fight?
[/quote]

No type of training will save a person if they lack the resolve to apply it viciously. Even in the absence of any training at all, resolve and aggression alone are often adequate to win the day. Karate specifically, especially the type of no-contact-mcdojo-cardio-kickboxing variety you have described to set up your scenario is not at all combat effective IMO, so no, it will not in and of itself overcome the massive disparity you have set up in your scenario.

In fact, if we change your scenario to 2 dudes of equal size and strength and one has a mcdojo black belt but no real aggression or resolve and the other has no training but a high level of aggression and resolve and a real will to do the other guy harm, my money’s on the untrained guy.

As far as a weaponless fight, no such thing outside a ring/cage.
[/quote]
thanks that is informative

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

To answer your question, you only have to look at Nic Adams, or any of the olympics girls to see they are legit fighters who’d kick the shit out of a lot of guys. [/quote]
enough said lol

[quote]Sifu wrote:

The guy is 6 foot 3 and bench press 270 weights 215
girl is 5 foot 3 150 pounds
dojo is not full contact [/quote]

She sounds like a round little thing with a big juicy ass. Do you have any pictures or a phone number? More importantly does she have a restraining order against you or anyone associated with you?[/quote]

Thread should have ended here.
Bench press is utterly useless and has no indication of fighting ability what so ever. The guy would utterly destroy the girl.

-karate is less effective than muay thai or jujitsu and krav maga[/quote]
Just no.

IMHO No she would lose. Look at most female cops fighting criminals if they are alone and the guy has no hiccups about fighting a cop criminal generally wins. I can’t see 6’3 benching 270 max is all that buff though.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
IMHO No she would lose. Look at most female cops fighting criminals if they are alone and the guy has no hiccups about fighting a cop criminal generally wins. I can’t see 6’3 benching 270 max is all that buff though.[/quote]
true. The disparity was already very big lol.

This is a seriously creepy thread

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
IMHO No she would lose. Look at most female cops fighting criminals if they are alone and the guy has no hiccups about fighting a cop criminal generally wins. I can’t see 6’3 benching 270 max is all that buff though.[/quote]
true. The disparity was already very big lol. [/quote]

You know why they lose? I have trained many female cop, and I can tell you , once they leave me, they at least, have a basic structure to kill someone, but, the fucking rules and regulations, internal affairs units, and media feasting, all serve to cut the balls from a straight forward attack. She is not allowed to blow the bastards brains out , stab him in the fucking throat, or run Bic pen through his fucking eye…You try to fight a motherfucker on the street with “rules”…Fucking joke and a crime in itself…