Kanye's New Album

Who’s checking this out, some of the stuff is absolute dope.

I think he’s entertaining but a shitty artist and song writer. I find him gimmicky, clubby.

I will check out the new album, though. Always up for giving new music a chance.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I think he’s entertaining but a shitty artist and song writer. I find him gimmicky, clubby.

I will check out the new album, though. Always up for giving new music a chance.[/quote]

Your entitled to your opinion, but I think his radio stuff is gimmicky but the actual songs on his album have depth.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

I will check out the new album, though. Always up for giving new music a chance.[/quote]

I agree to a certain extent, to date I’ve only liked his song Flash Lights - it has a good beat.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

Yes, awesome. Kanye is by far one of the best mainsteam beat makers around today. I still find myself listening to Graduation a decent amount.

He’s definitely trying to do something different, I’m sure I’m not the only one tired of hearing about rims, money, groupies. Lupe Fiasco has great content also.

- YouTube [/quote]

From what I’ve heard so far the album is going to be terrible, if the recent leaks are actually the full album then it IS terrible.

This (“Paranoid”) and “Heartless” are the only tracks that I’ve heard that I MIGHT listen to as they’re catchy, but he can’t sing (even with all the Auto Tune) and is so out of tune at times I think he might actually be tone deaf.

But I predict that the Emperors New Clothes will be back in fashion for 2008/9 and it will do quite well, even though he sounds like he’s singing karaoke into a desk fan.

I’ve listened to some of it, some of the songs were pretty horrible, but some of them I really liked. Heartless, Coldest Winter, and Tell Everybody That You Know are my favorite.

[quote]IQ wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

From what I’ve heard so far the album is going to be terrible, if the recent leaks are actually the full album then it IS terrible.

This (“Paranoid”) and “Heartless” are the only tracks that I’ve heard that I MIGHT listen to as they’re catchy, but he can’t sing (even with all the Auto Tune) and is so out of tune at times I think he might actually be tone deaf.

But I predict that the Emperors New Clothes will be back in fashion for 2008/9 and it will do quite well, even though he sounds like he’s singing karaoke into a desk fan.

[/quote]

I like Kanye to an extent. I’m not the biggest fan of his vocals and his image, but he sure as hell knows how to create sick beats and instrumentals. The urban catchiness surrounding these beats is very unique and pretty much unmatchable and I like them.

I like Kanye to an extent. I’m not the biggest fan of his vocals and his image, but he sure as hell knows how to create sick beats and instrumentals. The urban catchiness surrounding these beats is very unique and pretty much unmatchable and I like them.

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with that, at the end of the day it all boils down to personal taste.

To my ears this album won’t even be worth a download. I’d listen to the new T-Pain album instead if I were you, it’s not great either but it’s much better than “808’s & Earache”. Better beats, better vocals, better use of Auto Tune but the lyrical content is the usual bragging nonsense. That said I don’t consider what Kanye’s saying particularly deep or profound, it’s definitely lyrically weaker than his past efforts.

His new stuff is commercial garbage targeted to white girls in suburbs. His fist 2 cds are good and I listen to them pretty much everyday. Hopefully he gets back to making good rap songs and not this tpain garbage.

I like it better than his 2 last albums

Amazing and Welcome to heartbreak are my favorites

George Bush hates black people.

I prefer his previous album. I hate the how so many artist rap/sing into the voice amplifiers, I don’t think it sounds good.

There is no doubt Kanye is a great artist but personally I’m not a huge fan of this song. And those f***ing amplifiers rattle me.

ive heard a few songs off it so far. its alright but so emo. all his songs seem to be about girl problems and he sings on them.

Every white guys favorite hip-hop artist:)

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Every white guys favorite hip-hop artist:)[/quote]

do you mean lil wayne???

Haha yeah maybe you’re right…

I’m a pretty big Kanye fan. Listening to the songs I’ve heard so far… love lockdown, tell everyone you know ft. lil wayne, streetlights, amazin ft. young jeezy, and welcome to heartbreak, it took me a while to get used to. I love his older stuff by far, but this isn’t too bad. I’ll just use these songs to fall asleep.

The Bambino wrote:
Every white guys favorite hip-hop artist:)

do you mean lil wayne???[/quote]

No, that’s every white high school girl.