Kali/Escrima

Anyone here practice the Filipino arts?. Stuff looks cool and to the point. Just wandering. I’ll post a Pic to get you bastards interested in this thread.

I have trained in Kali and Silat some. I learned a little with the sticks and some empty hand. Not very much though.

[quote]danew wrote:
I have trained in Kali and Silat some. I learned a little with the sticks and some empty hand. Not very much though.[/quote]

How did you like it? It looked bad ass to me. But I’m easily fooled. Here’s the pic to get you bastards over to this thread.

Real Contact Stickfighting… fought in two Dog Bros. gatherings.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Real Contact Stickfighting… fought in two Dog Bros. gatherings.[/quote]

I understood Real Contact Stickfighting, but what the hell is Two Dog Bros. gatherings.

The Dog brothers are a group (well orginally just two fellas, now lots more) that fight a sort of MMA style match starting with sticks. You wear a kendo or fencing type face shield and there are some other different rules, but mostly you just beat the shit out of each other. I enjoyed the stick fighting. I found the empty hand to be quite complex and requiring a lot of repitition to get moves down. That’s ok, but it would be hard to actually use unless you had trained a long time in it. However, someone well trained in Kali would be able to handle themselves well.

wolbarrett, google mothafucka do you speak it? lol

jk bro, check it out:

http://www.dogbrothers.com/

No more posts about Kali? Just two people? Fucking balls. Sweaty balls.

I’ve been training for several years now - focusing on street defence. While what we do isn’t purely FMA, it composes a very large part of what we do. We train sticks/knives/improvised weapons (kali), empty hands (panantukan), kicking (pananjakman), dumog, biting/eye gouging (kino-mutay).