Kai Not Doing 2015 Olympia?

Can it be true? I heard the deadline for signing on was a few days ago and kai didn’t sign up! The hell happened? I’ve heard this from multiple different people/msf boards so its possibly not true but I can’t find anything that confirms he is going for Mr.O 2015

Probably started the rumor to drive interest to his new product line.

I believe the deadline is today or tomorrow and it is true he hasn’t submitted his registration (perhaps he has since I last heard).

As such, he is missing from promotional stuff.

He has done this with lesser contests and others have previously submitted the paperwork late and been accepted into the O

I expect him to be on stage, at his best.

From another forum:

MD Forum: KAI NOT DOING THE OLYMPIA!

Guy Cisternino:
I just got confirmation from a former Olympia Winner that Kai Greene is not competing in this years Mr. Olympia, just wondering if anyone else has heard this since I heard his contract wasn’t signed yet, but today was the first I heard that he was not doing the show.

Peter McGough:
Yes at this point he hasn’t signed an Olympia contract and the deadline was today.Seems he is out.

Not exactly proof but…

Levrone never signed his 2001 contract, and the IFBB let him compete (took 3rd I believe). How valuable is Kai to the bottom line?

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Levrone never signed his 2001 contract, and the IFBB let him compete (took 3rd I believe). How valuable is Kai to the bottom line?

S[/quote]

This! Kai is a performer and he would love a grand entrance - as per Arnie in the Sydney O.

S[/quote]

Whose bottom line?
Kai is one of the most popular and well-loved bodybuilders presently, so I would think that with his draw, the IFBB, the sponsors, the promoter… all of them would benefit.

I agree he generates a lot of interest himself and the ongoing Phil heath vs kai thing

But why? Is he just doing this to stir things up and get attention? Seems weird. Maybe he isn’t confident enough or couldn’t prepare properly?

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

S[/quote]

Whose bottom line?
Kai is one of the most popular and well-loved bodybuilders presently, so I would think that with his draw, the IFBB, the sponsors, the promoter… all of them would benefit.
[/quote]

Right, that is why they will let him compete without signing his contract. Could be a statement to the establishment? Like a star player threatening to hold out for a season.

Was meant to be holding out signing his contract to compete to pressure the promoters into allowing him better booth/advertising rates for his new supplement line?

Either way it appears confirmed that he won’t be competing. Confirmed by himself.

Lost a lot of respect for Kai now tbh. Plays the cry baby sympathy card, but if competing was such a priority to him he would have signed his contract in due time like all other competitors instead of playing games.

Shame. Probably wouldn’t have beaten Phil but it would have been his best showing and he would have kept Phil honest. Phil can show up with a busted leg in a cast and win now.

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Shame. Probably wouldn’t have beaten Phil but it would have been his best showing and he would have kept Phil honest. Phil can show up with a busted leg in a cast and win now.[/quote]

No kidding… Phil Heath made a post on Instagram saying something like “I can’t believe this opportunity, I am as grateful for this night, so thankful for my fifth Olympia yada yada.” Basically talking like it’s already his and shit… which it probably is.

There’s a difference between a man with tears and a cry baby.

I saw this on a website somewhere.

“This is what I heard, not sure if it was true but would explain everything and would go back to PJ say there is stuff ?behind the scenes? ?Kai had big plans to launch Dynamik [Dynamik Muscle, Kai?s new company] in conjunction with the Olympia. His agent demanded a free title sponsorship, a 20×20 booth space and no union load-in fees. Olympia reps countered by demanding that he fork over sponsorship money like everyone else. They had a Mexican standoff. No one budged. Can?t think of a worse way to launch a supplement line than being left outside the arena at the biggest bodybuilding show of the year especially after dieting and gearing up for months. AMI now set to completely pull the plug on him and pressuring the other mags to do the same to sabotage his line and push him over the edge”

He should go to Bob Chick with a petition to the IFBB. Chick went to bat for Lee Priest (although Lee didn’t follow up).

I heard similar things about his wanting a free booth at the Expo (what do they run? 10K or something crazy?), title sponsorship, all sorts of stuff that other people pay for.

Of course I also hear that his leaving MuscleMeds caused MM to pull their sponsor money from AMI (who owns the Olympia), and there was a whole mess because of that too.

Either way, if the guy wanted to, if he really viewed this contest in the light that he always claimed to, he could have submitted his contract, and left all of the other BS as a different issue completely. Whether it was Kai’s choice, his agent, any of his countless hangers-on, we may never know, but I will never view him as some tragic hero. I liked him as a bodybuilder. That’s it. No deep thinker or philospher. No “I rose above it all (while living on tax payers money because I couldn’t get a job) child of the state” local boy makes good.

At the end of the day, the IFBB is a business. Kai would have made some decent $ at the Olympia, and the shows that followed if he wanted to.

S

It won’t be the same without him!

Seems like he is being sued by a company which struck a deal with his manager. They sought an injunction, which was denied in July, believe that was around the time Kai stopped talking to Olympia people. Case will be heard in October.

Being sued is stressful, it seems he isn’t in show condition now.

COME ON RHODEN!!!

Doesn’t seem to have affected Phil at all -lol. Of course there is a clip somewhere on NPC news or something where he talks after prejudging and takes a dig at Kai (“no hair throwing onstage”) and his being a bad element in the sport.

S

Doesn’t seem to have affected Phil at all -lol. Of course there is a clip somewhere on NPC news or something where he talks after prejudging and takes a dig at Kai (“no hair throwing onstage”) and his being a bad element in the sport.

S[/quote]

“A bad element in the sport?”

Can’t be worse for the sport than the gifts Branch Warren has been receiving. It’s a joke that he placed higher than Bonac, Roelly, Dallas, etc.
A man with damaged and missing parts (i.e. an incomplete physique) is now considered the 6th best bodybuilder in the world? A fucking travesty for the sport.