Kai Greene

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Can someone also explain to me why ben white lost 30 pounds of muscle?[/quote]

he’s been having family issues, which too me seems a bit of a copout. If you can’t bring 100% you probably shouldnt compete.

on another note - in 202’s marvin ward, if that guy was 7-8 inches taller with the same proportions he’d be reigning mr o.

[quote]jwesus wrote:

he’s been having family issues, which too me seems a bit of a copout. If you can’t bring 100% you probably shouldnt compete.
[/quote]

lol, come on dude. When competing is part of your lively hood, you can’t expect someone to pullout because he has faced adversary and suffered.

It isn’t like he is a stock broker doing this for fun.

[quote]jwesus wrote:

[/quote]

I do believe they are obligated to compete once they sign for it. Not doing so is what I think got Lee Priest in trouble to start with.

Honestly, even with lost size, he still looks like he tried his best. It isn’t like he got on stage with a pot belly.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:

[/quote]

lol, come on dude. When competing is part of your lively hood, you can’t expect someone to pullout because he has faced adversary and suffered.

It isn’t like he is a stock broker doing this for fun. [/quote]

I think the only one who may currently have the luxury of doing it just for fun is Jay Cutler.

Everyone else has to eat.

[quote]thenewguy wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:
it’s sad to think brandon curry used to post here till people chased him off the board.

it’s also sad to think he has the potential to be mr o yet he hasn’t made much progression the last few years, hasn’t managed to bring up his legs or improve his conditioning. Wasted talent.

[/quote]

When I saw the pics from the NY pro, I was thinking the exact same thing. His waist his paper thin, and if he just brought up those legs and nailed the conditioning he’d be unstoppable![/quote]
\

The truth is, he is about as close as anyone is going to get right now to the guys who competed in the 60’s in terms of proportion.

If you guys want him to match the stats of the other freaks, don’t cry later about how huge his waist is or how he lost his esthetics.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]thenewguy wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:
it’s sad to think brandon curry used to post here till people chased him off the board.

it’s also sad to think he has the potential to be mr o yet he hasn’t made much progression the last few years, hasn’t managed to bring up his legs or improve his conditioning. Wasted talent.

[/quote]

When I saw the pics from the NY pro, I was thinking the exact same thing. His waist his paper thin, and if he just brought up those legs and nailed the conditioning he’d be unstoppable![/quote]
\

The truth is, he is about as close as anyone is going to get right now to the guys who competed in the 60’s in terms of proportion.

If you guys want him to match the stats of the other freaks, don’t cry later about how huge his waist is or how he lost his esthetics.

[/quote]
true
It’s like what Toney Freeman said about how Phil Heath gaining considerably more size being detrimental to his lines.

I like Kai. He is such a great bodybuilder and so passionate about it. Highly respect him. The last year was a mess, but he had the wrong coach, imo.
I believe he will really kick ass at the Olympia. Phil and Jay will still be hard to beat.

I’m definitely a fan of Kai as well, and I certainly don’t fault him for pushing himself as hard as he did in recent years. The guy has lived and breathed bodybuilding since he was a kid, and to suddenly find himself as one of the top competitors, he’d be foolish not to do ‘everything he could’ to make his dreams a reality. Sadly, I think it was Oscar’s whole “it’s all mental” approach that led to Kai’s body just getting so worn down, and that’s why he just showed up looking so disappointing last year. A little rest can do wonders, and I know he’ll be crushing competitors again this year.

S

This is kind of off topic but there is no Olympia thread. I can’t believe Evan isn’t doing the Olympia this year. I mean I understand he just had a kid and he’s finishing up his new house. Damn, I really wanted to see what he would bring to the Olympia stage. I guess I gotta wait for Olympia 2012.

[quote]johnman18 wrote:
This is kind of off topic but there is no Olympia thread. I can’t believe Evan isn’t doing the Olympia this year. I mean I understand he just had a kid and he’s finishing up his new house. Damn, I really wanted to see what he would bring to the Olympia stage. I guess I gotta wait for Olympia 2012.[/quote]

he has his priorities right.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]thenewguy wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:

[/quote]

\

[/quote]

my biggest issue is he hasn’t changed at all in the past 2-3 years, if he came in condition i’d probably be less vocal but it seems like body building isn’t his number 1 priority.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
I think Kai will do much better now that he’s not with oscar. From watching videos of those two i really got the impression that Oscar wasn’t very intelligent, at least not compared to other gurus in the sport.[/quote]
I don’t want to rip on oscar too much, he is fucking strong and seems like a good guy but I found it strange that Kai was trusting him with his prep. He had no experience coaching that level of competitor as far as I know.
I think it is a bit rough to critisize his intelligence but I did get the destinct impression that he did not have great knowlege of the human body.
In any case I hope the change will be for the best.

[quote]Doyle wrote:

I think Kai will do much better now that he’s not with oscar. From watching videos of those two i really got the impression that Oscar wasn’t very intelligent, at least not compared to other gurus in the sport.[/quote]
I don’t want to rip on oscar too much, he is fucking strong and seems like a good guy but I found it strange that Kai was trusting him with his prep. He had no experience coaching that level of competitor as far as I know.
I think it is a bit rough to critisize his intelligence but I did get the destinct impression that he did not have great knowlege of the human body.
In any case I hope the change will be for the best.[/quote]

oscar has also coached victor martinez. possibly others not sure
i believe it was his first year with kai though, because he lived with victor and coached him during the prep for the arnold 2010

[quote]Doyle wrote:

I think kai liked the personal aspect of oscar’s coaching. Hell they trained together and oscar cooked all his meals.

[quote]Doyle wrote:

To be fair. Oscar coached Centopani for his big wins.