Kai Greene: Overkill

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
i don’t have a download but here is the link to buy it. Mike Pulcinella
[/quote]

id rather download thanks tho…[/quote]

You cheap bastard. Rip off crappy Hollywood movies by all means, but don’t do that to an independent film-maker.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
i don’t have a download but here is the link to buy it. Mike Pulcinella
[/quote]

id rather download thanks tho…[/quote]

You cheap bastard. Rip off crappy Hollywood movies by all means, but don’t do that to an independent film-maker.[/quote]

lol double standard much…

You mean you are so thick you don’t see the difference between pirating a film like Avatar and pirating a niche bodybuilding DVD that may sell a few thousand copies…

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
A guy at my gym picked up a copy at the Arnold Expo for $10… $10!!! Who knew?! -lol

S[/quote]

They only had about 100 copies too. They went like wildfire. I got mine from Gerard Dente…who is still a pretty big guy.

You mean you are so thick you don’t see the difference between pirating a film like Avatar and pirating a niche bodybuilding DVD that may sell a few thousand copies…[/quote]
co-signed. The principle may be the same but the effects are magnified 100-fold

I just ordered that hat and sweater

Clip relevant to our interests.

If anyone knows a site/program to download youtube videos other than keepvid (which, apparently, is charging for their services now), feel free to share.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:
Wow, 4:55 showed a combination of intensity, passion, and frustration that I have not seen since my football days.

Something sparked up a little inside of me, I may pick this up later.[/quote]

I absolutely see what you’re talking about. Call me a sap, but this is the kind of stuff that I look for in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman and actually any endeavor that takes this amount of emotional engagement.

I actually almost got choked up watching this clip… and I’m watching it in the college computer lab with no sound. There is a lot to be said for a competitor who puts everything that he has on the line. I remember watching a video of him on MD a while back where he agrees to take the interviewer around the grocery store only if he buys all of his tilapia for the week (around 80 bucks worth of fish). Whether he trains in Brooklyn anymore or not, Kai’s is a story of triumph.

I might buy this shit. And yes there’s a difference between pirating this and pirating anything that makes it to the big screen.

[quote]anonym wrote:

If anyone knows a site/program to download youtube videos other than keepvid (which, apparently, is charging for their services now), feel free to share.[/quote]

http://www.savevid.com/

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

You mean you are so thick you don’t see the difference between pirating a film like Avatar and pirating a niche bodybuilding DVD that may sell a few thousand copies…[/quote]
co-signed. The principle may be the same but the effects are magnified 100-fold[/quote]

Lol how stupid are guys they are the same thing. Just cause you all slober all over Kai Greenes junk you attack me for pirating it when you all pirate movies and music day in and day out but im the ‘douchebag’ because its a ‘niche’ film how stupid… Your the thick ones.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
http://www.savevid.com/[/quote]

Thanks, man. Gotta put that clip on my phone for mid-cardio inspiration.

[quote]anonym wrote:

If anyone knows a site/program to download youtube videos other than keepvid (which, apparently, is charging for their services now), feel free to share.[/quote]

holy shit. inspirational to say the least.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

co-signed. The principle may be the same but the effects are magnified 100-fold[/quote]

Lol how stupid are guys they are the same thing. Just cause you all slober all over Kai Greenes junk you attack me for pirating it when you all pirate movies and music day in and day out but im the ‘douchebag’ because its a ‘niche’ film how stupid… Your the thick ones.
[/quote]

It’s not because it’s a Kai film dude. It’s because pirating a hollywood movie makes no difference to the producer but this does. Hollywood makes millions of dollars per film. Pirating one won’t even be noticed in their revenue. This film may make a few thousand dollars so pirating makes a much bigger difference.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry, you’re still thick.

It’s the difference between stealing $100 from some rich dude getting out of a limo and mugging a cab driver. One is going to feel it much more than the other.

Hey, I ain’t judging you, I’ve stolen shit before, big screen and otherwise. If you feel the need to take from this film-makers pocket, the movie will be up on torrents pretty soon, that’s a given. Just don’t try to pass it off as stealing a Bruckheimer film. The Bodybuilding market is small as it is.

I hope none of the critics here have ever downloaded music by an independent musician…

c’mon, stealing is stealing.

i’m not judging anybody here as i am not a saint, but if the number of pirates is significant, it can bring down even a big company, or at least change the way it does its business.

fyi in my country, music industry make their sales not through cds or cassettes, but through mobile phone ring back tone. sales from hard media almost not existed because of the availability of mp3 from the internet.
all big names from emi, universal, warner, or local brands do business this way.

but maybe the characteristic of movie industry is different :slight_smile:

People people piracy has same effect to big and small film makers. Its all relative bigger studios have bigger pool of customer which yields more pirate and smaller film makers has smaller pool which fewer pirates however its still the same relatively.

I had never seen Kai Greene train until this thread, and honestly I’m blown away. His intensity and drive is something that I envy, I wish more people would take their training/every day lives as seriously and with the passion that he does

This video needs to be stickied in the beginners forum under the heading “This is what INTESITY looks like”.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
Sorry, you’re still thick.

It’s the difference between stealing $100 from some rich dude getting out of a limo and mugging a cab driver. One is going to feel it much more than the other.

[/quote]

And both actions are wrong and illegal. Stealing from a big firm doesn’t make it any less illegal than stealing from a small firm.

I think asking for a pirated link in this thread is pretty dumb and I think you should pay for the DVD if you want to see it. But saying it’s OK to steal from a big company and not OK to steal from a small company is just as stupid. If have to question the common sense of anyone who thinks big companies aren’t affected by pirating. They’re affected less than indie producers but stealing is stealing.