T Nation

Kai Greene: Overkill

So the new Kai Greene DVD by Mike Pulcinella is out, and the first part is posted on Youtube.

Mike had posted soemthing earlier about BB.com serializing the video - actually, Mike calls it a documentary, and from what I can see, that’s exactly what it is. Not sure whether this is the first of a few more parts to come, or whether this is just a teaser but well worth watching.

When this dude is on, he is ON.

Yea, it does give the feel of a documentary… loved it.

Maybe it’s the faces he makes when he works out, but whenever i see a video of Kai training it just seems sooo intense.

Wow, 4:55 showed a combination of intensity, passion, and frustration that I have not seen since my football days.

Something sparked up a little inside of me, I may pick this up later.

I knew Kai pushed himself damn hard, but that’s pretty sobering as well as inspiring.

S

[quote]angus_beef wrote:
Yea, it does give the feel of a documentary… loved it.

Maybe it’s the faces he makes when he works out, but whenever i see a video of Kai training it just seems sooo intense. [/quote]
Like this?

Kai has some great training videos. I’ve pulled a couple ideas for my own training from him.

Sure does a great job of making bodybuilding look like no fun at all

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Sure does a great job of making bodybuilding look like no fun at all[/quote]

Thats probably what happens when it becomes a job/obsession instead of a hobby/stress releaser. I mean its pretty much a life style for me at this point, but I still have fun almost every time I go to the gym (except for some of those really brutal leg days…). Maybe that is fun to him, but it looks more like hes a workout robot than anything else. The focus and determination are certainly admirable though, and thats why hes one of the best at what he does. Anyone who is at the top of anything valuable probably goes through similar circumstances.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Sure does a great job of making bodybuilding look like no fun at all[/quote]
THat doesnt look fun to you? Driving through pain and exerting yourself beyond what you thought you could do, fighting against and together with the weights, both at the same time, to achieve your goals, whatever they may be? It’s painful, but “no fun” isn’t what enters my mind watching htat

i just bought/watched the dvd. as a kai fan it’s pretty inspiring, as a BB fan it’s pretty damn inspiring. it’s very real and is a documentary in format. unlike all or most other bb vids.

kai talks about rage as it correlates to moving heavy poundage, he references ronnie coleman as he does this, it’s a great video.

mike, the man who was hired to shoot the video is contracted to make another which lead up to this yrs Arnold and a third on Kai bringing us into 2010 Olympia. he’s also shooting a vid on Vic as well.

overall this was a great video and i can’t wait for the others. the connectedness to self mastery and the spiritual side of the training is great. we all hopefully lift to learn about ourselves. for those who lift for chicks or strictly vanity…you’ll likely quit after a yr or two.

damn, and here i thought bodybuilding was all fun and giggles… seriously though, im gonna pick this up, looks pretty good

Im a big Kai Greene fan but I hate watching him work out and pose. He looks like hes acting in most workouts that are on tape and his posing is gay. His physique is awesome though so i guess thats all that counts. I much rather see guys like Ronnie and Branch moving tonnage in training videos just more exciting to watch then some guy talking about spirituality, frustration and all that crap. Just smash fucking weights.

checkers sells more than chess i suppose. are you part of the whole Jersey fist pump thing? yup, he’s acting when he trains.

anybody got download link for mehz?

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:

[quote]angus_beef wrote:
Yea, it does give the feel of a documentary… loved it.

Maybe it’s the faces he makes when he works out, but whenever i see a video of Kai training it just seems sooo intense. [/quote]
Like this?

Kai has some great training videos. I’ve pulled a couple ideas for my own training from him.[/quote]

Yessir !

Really makes me question my intensity… In comparison the effort i put into my entire routine seems to be equivalent to the effort he puts into his warmups.

I believe “bugeishaAD” posted a couple vids in the brotherhood of iron thread and he seemed pretty intense also… It was a pretty good video.

As Stu stated this is really inspiring… Its just something about documentaries that always plays with my psyche.

[quote]Hazzyhazz24 wrote:
Im a big Kai Greene fan but I hate watching him work out and pose. He looks like hes acting in most workouts that are on tape and his posing is gay. His physique is awesome though so i guess thats all that counts. I much rather see guys like Ronnie and Branch moving tonnage in training videos just more exciting to watch then some guy talking about spirituality, frustration and all that crap. Just smash fucking weights. [/quote]

“champions are made when no one is watching”. I would like to see you or anyone else for that matter “fake” their way to a physique as Kai Greene has done. He is a champion because of his intensity, and he does not care how he looks while lifting, as you do obviously.I think you just go to the gym in your latest trendy gym clothes and hang by the water cooler.

lol

Soo whats the ETA on a download link?

i don’t have a download but here is the link to buy it. http://mikepulcinella.com/dvdsforsale.htm

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
i don’t have a download but here is the link to buy it. http://mikepulcinella.com/dvdsforsale.htm
[/quote]

id rather download thanks tho…

A guy at my gym picked up a copy at the Arnold Expo for $10… $10!!! Who knew?! -lol

S