Kai at 9 Weeks Out - 297lbs & Lean KABOOM!

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Kai does look amazing there though. Lol i really dont see how much he can lose there![/quote]

With fat loss and water. Id guess 15+ pounds. A 300lb man carries a ton of water. Probably around 10 pounds of water to lose alone before carbing back up.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Kai does look amazing there though. Lol i really dont see how much he can lose there![/quote]

With fat loss and water. Id guess 15+ pounds. A 300lb man carries a ton of water. Probably around 10 pounds of water to lose alone before carbing back up. [/quote]

Oh no doubt. I personally think its a shame though, the need placed on competitors to drop below that.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

With fat loss and water. Id guess 15+ pounds. A 300lb man carries a ton of water. Probably around 10 pounds of water to lose alone before carbing back up. [/quote]

Oh no doubt. I personally think its a shame though, the need placed on competitors to drop below that. [/quote]

Pfft, go look at the Europa show pics and how poorly the majority of the competitors were conditioned. Just looks stupid. Nothing beats that grainy, bone dry conditioning.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
too bad no wheels pics[/quote]

But how will we know he’s big? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

Oh no doubt. I personally think its a shame though, the need placed on competitors to drop below that. [/quote]

Pfft, go look at the Europa show pics and how poorly the majority of the competitors were conditioned. Just looks stupid. Nothing beats that grainy, bone dry conditioning.[/quote]

This looks stupid?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

Pfft, go look at the Europa show pics and how poorly the majority of the competitors were conditioned. Just looks stupid. Nothing beats that grainy, bone dry conditioning.[/quote]

This looks stupid?[/quote]

When standing next to other pro’s who hold similar size but who are much better conditioned, yes. Which is why until recently DJ never placed well. Just like when Dennis Wolfe showed up at the olympia absolutely massive but probably in the same condition that DJ is in that pic and didn’t even place.

ED NUNN just won the europa show.

it’s crazy at the elite level, everyone is huuoogge it’s just a matter of who is the most perfect on the given day.

FML my skinny ass is back down to 205, work/summer/not eating enough is…boohoo to me right, i’d like to attack and try and hit 230 by jan 2011…we’ll see if i can do it.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
ED NUNN just won the europa show.

it’s crazy at the elite level, everyone is huuoogge it’s just a matter of who is the most perfect on the given day.

FML my skinny ass is back down to 205, work/summer/not eating enough is…boohoo to me right, i’d like to attack and try and hit 230 by jan 2011…we’ll see if i can do it.[/quote]

So happy a 6’2 guy took it :slight_smile:

When standing next to other pro’s who hold similar size but who are much better conditioned, yes. [/quote]

I do believe Akuma was speaking of the overall requirements for them to be that dry…which means the goal would be for everyone to come in at around the same conditioning.

Like I was talking about in the T-cell, most of these guys look more impressive about 4 weeks out from a contest before the use of diuretics. It means a healthier environment if nothing else for competition…because being that dried out isn’t even a condition you could hold long term without severe health consequences.

When standing next to other pro’s who hold similar size but who are much better conditioned, yes. [/quote]

I do believe Akuma was speaking of the overall requirements for them to be that dry…which means the goal would be for everyone to come in at around the same conditioning.

Like I was talking about in the T-cell, most of these guys look more impressive about 4 weeks out from a contest before the use of diuretics. It means a healthier environment if nothing else for competition…because being that dried out isn’t even a condition you could hold long term without severe health consequences.[/quote]

*touches nose.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

Psh not in my opinion. I like the Vic Richards mentality to the dieting down thing.

Like I was talking about in the T-cell, most of these guys look more impressive about 4 weeks out from a contest before the use of diuretics. It means a healthier environment if nothing else for competition…because being that dried out isn’t even a condition you could hold long term without severe health consequences.[/quote]

I mean the competitors are the ones who set the requirements. If everyone came in to contests at what we consider 6 weeks out condition then that would be the standard. However, as long as competitors have the ability and the desire to reach extreme levels of leanness they are going to continue to do so and it will be rewarded. If everyone came in “soft”, it’s not like the judges wouldn’t pick a winner.

I mean the competitors are the ones who set the requirements. If everyone came in to contests at what we consider 6 weeks out condition then that would be the standard. However, as long as competitors have the ability and the desire to reach extreme levels of leanness they are going to continue to do so and it will be rewarded. If everyone came in “soft”, it’s not like the judges wouldn’t pick a winner. [/quote]

True enough

I mean the competitors are the ones who set the requirements. If everyone came in to contests at what we consider 6 weeks out condition then that would be the standard. However, as long as competitors have the ability and the desire to reach extreme levels of leanness they are going to continue to do so and it will be rewarded. If everyone came in “soft”, it’s not like the judges wouldn’t pick a winner. [/quote]
If I were a judge, I’d give higher marks for conditioning more like these recent pics of Kai. Sure, it’s more technical and demanding to get down to the ‘desired’ leanness, but Kai here just looks healthier and more brutally impressive. Plus, knowing that those guys feel like absolute shit when they’re in contest condition ruined its appeal for me long ago.

I mean the competitors are the ones who set the requirements. If everyone came in to contests at what we consider 6 weeks out condition then that would be the standard. [/quote]

This just isn’t true. The JUDGES are the ones setting the standard by awarding certain physiques. No one would give a shit about “ripped glutes” if the judges weren’t awarding points just for that. Saying that if all of the competitors came in looking one way then this would force the judges to accept something different doesn’t erase the fact that the judges are the ones making the final decision.

the level of leaness seen in top events like the O is silly. guys are achieving 3-4% bf and in instances lower. losing the visceral fat between your organs is not a good thing, losing the fat in the pads of your feet isn’t comfortable. levels that low are only sustainable for days at best w/out your whole system being fucked.

it kills me when guys at the gym, younger dumb ones usually, say shit to the effect…“i’m like 4% bf right now.”

my reply, “no, no you’re not.” people regularly overestimate how lean they think they are.

I mean the competitors are the ones who set the requirements. If everyone came in to contests at what we consider 6 weeks out condition then that would be the standard. [/quote]

This just isn’t true. The JUDGES are the ones setting the standard by awarding certain physiques. No one would give a shit about “ripped glutes” if the judges weren’t awarding points just for that. Saying that if all of the competitors came in looking one way then this would force the judges to accept something different doesn’t erase the fact that the judges are the ones making the final decision.[/quote]

Judges give points for ass striations? Ugh… I guess we can blame them both then. The competitors brought it to that level in the first place, and the judges made sure it continued.

I like this idea. It’s obviously somewhat counterintuitive to talk about a “healthier environment” in bodybuilding because of the use of other drugs, but I do think it would be far better if competitors weren’t forced to use diuretics and cut down below 6% BF. It just seems like a more normal presentation at 6-10% BF, as opposed to completely dried out.

My take on the conditioning of most of the guys at the Europa is that they were almost lean enough and some WERE lean enough. But a lot of the guys looked flat for prejudging. I guess they realized they werent in good enough condition and tried to over compesate with their water manipulation or something. But a lot of them didnt even look that dry.

Maybe it was just the lighting at that particular show. But they certainly didnt look like Kai does; big and full with impressive leanness. They looked big, flat, wattery and impressively lean. The fullness makes a big difference in how good someone looks at low bodyfat.

Sick back. I dunno about 297 though. What’s Roelly weighing right now? He looks MUCH larger than Kai in his 10 weeks out pics.[/quote]

yeah bro i agree…no way is he 297. HELL NO. How tall is he? Even then he looks NOTHING like ronnie does when that close to a comp. And ronnie aint 297 then. Well maybe idk…