K9 Officer Dead, Town Outraged

I love how some people seem to think that humans AREN’T animals, sigh

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
I don’t see the dog as an officer. I see it as an animal that the police department uses. I understand the whole attachment people have with their pets and the whole part of the family thing.But bottom line, it’s an animal not a person.

I noticed immigrants and foreigners tend to make a greater distinction between part of family and animal. Maybe that explains my viewpoint. So to me, treating it like a human officer died in the line of duty is something I can’t appreciate.

[/quote]

Have you people never seen turner & Hooch? Come on now.

V

[quote]SuperAlienFreak wrote:
I love how some people seem to think that humans AREN’T animals, sigh[/quote]

Who said that?

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Who said that?[/quote]

Look at the letters before “wrote”.

I see dogs as food. All animals are just food.

Uhm, what point are you trying to make? We are all biological organisms also, but you can bet that if I woke up to find a cougar about to eat my child, I would not hesitate to end the life of the “lower animal” in favor of the “human animal” about to be eaten.

Life is a hierarchy. I mean, shit, Disney should have drilled “Circle of Life” into all of our heads enough for it to not need further explanation.

We eat chickens. We eat cows. In some other countries, they would view that as barbaric. Some cultures eat the same pets we consider family. It is a matter of culture but at the end of the dog, a dog’s life is not equal to the life of a human…unless that human is on death row for murdering babies.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Who said that?[/quote]

Look at the letters before “wrote”.[/quote]

This line?

“I noticed immigrants and foreigners tend to make a greater distinction between part of family and animal.”

I think most people know what I meant by this. Yes, we are all animals. I understand this. But it’s pretty much accepted that we are a special form of animal. But if you guys want to nitpick about how I phrased it, have at it. If people want to assign the same value to dog’s life as a humans since we’re both animals, that’s up to them.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Uhm, what point are you trying to make? We are all biological organisms also, but you can bet that if I woke up to find a cougar about to eat my child, I would not hesitate to end the life of the “lower animal” in favor of the “human animal” about to be eaten.

Life is a hierarchy. I mean, shit, Disney should have drilled “Circle of Life” into all of our heads enough for it to not need further explanation.

We eat chickens. We eat cows. In some other countries, they would view that as barbaric. Some cultures eat the same pets we consider family. It is a matter of culture but at the end of the dog, a dog’s life is not equal to the life of a human…unless that human is on death row for murdering babies.[/quote]

But wouldn’t you also not hesitate to kill a human who was also about to eat your child? I think the point he is making is that one of the most unflattering and destructive attitudes humans have is “we’re fucking humans we can do whatever the fuck we want” type of thinking.

I mean I think we are better, but I think we are better because we UNDERSTAND the relationship we and other organisms play in the circle of life. Dogs are much more than food. They have spent hundreds of thousands of years adapting to mankind to provide them with some animal abilities the humans don’t possess in return for some of that human brainpower working in thier favor in the form of shelter and food and other things like maybe a scratch behind the ear. Until very recently in history, dogs and humans were sybiotic organisms.

V

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Who said that?[/quote]

This line?

“I noticed immigrants and foreigners tend to make a greater distinction between part of family and animal.”

I think most people know what I meant by this. Yes, we are all animals. I understand this. But it’s pretty much accepted that we are a special form of animal. But if you guys want to nitpick about how I phrased it, have at it. If people want to assign the same value to dog’s life as a humans since we’re both animals, that’s up to them.[/quote]

No, you dick…
I meant SuperAlienFreak wrote “I love how some people seem to think that humans AREN’T animals, sigh”
In answer to your question of “Who said that?”
Gosh…

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Who said that?[/quote]

This line?

I think most people know what I meant by this. Yes, we are all animals. I understand this. But it’s pretty much accepted that we are a special form of animal. But if you guys want to nitpick about how I phrased it, have at it. If people want to assign the same value to dog’s life as a humans since we’re both animals, that’s up to them.[/quote]

No, you dick…
I meant SuperAlienFreak wrote “I love how some people seem to think that humans AREN’T animals, sigh”
In answer to your question of “Who said that?”
Gosh…
[/quote]

Haha. Oh, you were making a funny. Credit the following LOL to that joke: LOL

Somebody call?

[quote]Vegita wrote:

But wouldn’t you also not hesitate to kill a human who was also about to eat your child? [/quote]

That depends. They could be a vampire and if the world was ending, being immortal may just be the best option for my kid.

[quote]

I think the point he is making is that one of the most unflattering and destructive attitudes humans have is “we’re fucking humans we can do whatever the fuck we want” type of thinking. [/quote]

Weak. if you want to make this some grand argument about our place in the universe and the sanctity of all life everywhere, you may want to start another thread.

[quote]

I mean I think we are better, but I think we are better because we UNDERSTAND the relationship we and other organisms play in the circle of life. Dogs are much more than food. They have spent hundreds of thousands of years adapting to mankind to provide them with some animal abilities the humans don’t possess in return for some of that human brainpower working in thier favor in the form of shelter and food and other things like maybe a scratch behind the ear. Until very recently in history, dogs and humans were sybiotic organisms.

V[/quote]

Look, I like dogs, but if it came down to a dog or my mother, my mom wins every day of the freaking week.

Now, if it came down to my dog vs someone like Headhunter, then I would have to think long and hard about who to kill.

I had a debate with a lady friend about this a while ago. I argued the point that our intelligence is what makes us different from other animals but not necessarily better. That feeling of superiority is a byproduct of said intelligence. On a base level we have the same biological needs as other animals. Yes, We have adapted and changed our environment to suit our needs.

But if you put me out in the wilderness toe to toe with another ultra predator with nothing but what god gave me when I was born. I’m a dead man. All my supposed superiority is out the window, as I pass through the animals digestive track. To argue if we are “better” or worth more than another animal is a purely selfish self preservationist view. Because if you stand between a mother Grizzly and her cubs she is going to look at you as a lesser being standing in the way of her and her cubs.

So my point is, in the grand scheme of things we all (humans & other animals) want the same things. Some food, some sex, and a quiet place to take a shit.

^The man is rehabilitated. Don’t we all at least get one second chance. That pup is gorgeous btw.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Somebody call?[/quote]

You’re getting pretty good at this. Not at a Dixie’s Finest type level, but not bad. :slight_smile:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Yes, we are all animals. I understand this. But it’s pretty much accepted that we are a special form of animal. [/quote]

We think we are special, but do you think that ‘specialness’ will stop a grizzly momma from mauling you we she thinks you are attacking her cubs.

^ Hahahahaha man I just cant help it with this picture fucking cracks me up. Its like Tiger Woods holding the white women Pootie posted. :slight_smile:

edit: shit I didnt even recognize the white woman was holding a guy in gorilla suit, my bad.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
You all will never understand the hard on I have for small, woodland creatures.
Never.[/quote]

That’s sick, brah.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
I had a debate with a lady friend about this a while ago. I argued the point that our intelligence is what makes us different from other animals but not necessarily better. That feeling of superiority is a byproduct of said intelligence. On a base level we have the same biological needs as other animals. Yes, We have adapted and changed our environment to suit our needs. But if you put me out in the wilderness toe to toe with another ultra predator with nothing but what god gave me when I was born. I’m a dead man. All my supposed superiority is out the window, as I pass through the animals digestive track. To argue if we are “better” or worth more than another animal is a purely selfish self preservationist view. Because if you stand between a mother Grizzly and her cubs she is going to look at you as a lesser being standing in the way of her and her cubs.

So my point is, in the grand scheme of things we all (humans & other animals) want the same things. Some food, some sex, and a quiet place to take a shit.[/quote]

But the important question is, did you and your lady friend screw like dogs after said discussion?

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Yes, we are all animals. I understand this. But it’s pretty much accepted that we are a special form of animal. [/quote]

We think we are special, but do you think that ‘specialness’ will stop a grizzly momma from mauling you we she thinks you are attacking her cubs.[/quote]

That specialness may get me work to earn money to buy a shotgun that could stop a grizzly momma from mauling me when she thing I’m attacking her cubs.