K2 - How Much Should I Take?

Hi,

You may or may not have heard about vitamin K2, but it’s apparently some great stuff. I’m about to order some. If you don’t know about it, you can read up a little on it here: westonaprice.org/On-the-Trail-of-the-Elusive-X-Factor-A-Sixty-Two-Year-Old-Mystery-Finally-Solved.html#article

I’m wondering how much of it to take. Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks…

BT

I haven’t done literature research on it personally, but have relied on the LEF dosing recommendation and product, which is 100 mcg of K2 as MQ-7 and 1000 mcg of K2 as MQ-4, along with 1000 mcg of K1.

I’ve never found their dosing recommendations to be foolish or unwarranted. While I’m certainly open to the idea that perhaps other doses might be better argued, the above I think is unlikely to be a poor plan.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I haven’t done literature research on it personally, but have relied on the LEF dosing recommendation and product, which is 100 mcg of K2 as MQ-7 and 1000 mcg of K2 as MQ-4, along with 1000 mcg of K1.

I’ve never found their dosing recommendations to be foolish or unwarranted. While I’m certainly open to the idea that perhaps other doses might be better argued, the above I think is unlikely to be a poor plan. [/quote]

Great. Thanks for the info Bill. I didn’t even know where to begin with researching this. I had read that you took the LEF product. I found a product which is a little cheaper than the LEF one which has a very similar formulation. I’ll probably go with that. I thought I had a quality multi, but realized that it didn’t have any K2 in it! Anyways, thanks for the info.