K-1 2010 yokohama fights

Good Morning T-Nation!
I don’t know how long the channel will be online

edit: check also the other vids from the user.

sidenote: there’s this other thread by Aussie Davo

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_boxing_fighting_mma_combat/japanese_kickboxing_thai_kickboxing

and apparently it’s good timing, since I was surprised to read they have disallowed knees from the full clinch position- I don’t want to spoil, but let’s see for yourself how Overeem deals with that…

also,

S P O I L E R !

…I was severly dissatisfied how they treated Maeda (Kyotarou) vs Aerts.

I understand they practically created a whole division for their precious purebred japanese champs.
But it was clear that Aerts was finished after the heavy Knockdown. Allowing Maeda to batter him was ridiculous. His eyes were rolling, his balance shaky.

Maeda is definitely the best japanese heavy, probably ever.
He’s a great counterer, has the best melee awareness I’ve ever seen in a 100KG fighter.
He’s very legit - We get it.
However, the continuation was like masturbating on an execution.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

and apparently it’s good timing, since I was surprised to read they have disallowed knees from the full clinch position- I don’t want to spoil, but let’s see for yourself how Overeem deals with that…[/quote]

looked like to me he landed a few from the clinch… i would like to see overeem get another crack at remy, thought he should have got the dec the first time