Justin Timberlake > All

[quote]sumgai wrote:
Dick in a Box is obviously his best work…really explores his vocal range.[/quote]

Damn!! You beat me to it. His SNL stuff has been absolutely hilarious.

How any red-blooded heterosexual male can listen to that kid sing, with his little 12-year-old voice claiming he’s “sexy,” and not instinctively feel the need to immediately just fucking BREAK SOMETHING (starting with the radio, stereo, TV set or whatever offending mechanism is broadcasting his voice into the air) is completely beyond my comprehension.

Not until my cold, neutered balls are in a jar of formaldehyde on the desk of some “writer” from Rolling Stone.

And that’ll never happen. :wink:

[quote]Damici wrote:
How any red-blooded heterosexual male can listen to that kid sing, with his little 12-year-old voice claiming he’s “sexy,” and not instinctively feel the need to immediately just fucking BREAK SOMETHING (starting with the radio, stereo, TV set or whatever offending mechanism is broadcasting his voice into the air) is completely beyond my comprehension.

Not until my cold, neutered balls are in a jar of formaldehyde on the desk of some “writer” from Rolling Stone.

And that’ll never happen. :wink:
[/quote]

No shit. Fuck JT. His new “reality” game show on MTV(didn’t he claim MTV needed less reality shows and more videos?)should prove at how much a big ass monkey he is. He and his gay ass partner Timbaland Shoes fucked up the latest Duran Duran album more than I even thought was humanly possible. John Taylor’s has more talent in his ball sweat that JT has in his whole fucking body.

You can compare him to MJ, sure, but MJ was a product of Quincy Jones. MJ did not make Thriller, Quincy Jones made Thriller.

I watched his concert on HBO last year, his band rocked serious ass. John Blackmore is a fucking sick drummer, and he destroyed that place. But I really have an issue with a guy who sings about sex, and in the middle of his concert takes a break so his band and everyone in the audience can do a “shot” with him. Fuckface, 95% of you audience is about 8 years shy of legal drinking age. Go fuck yourself.

Look, I don’t necessarily care about his content- boy/girl shit isn’t my thing either. I just think he sounds good. He coult sing about taking a crap and I would still be on board with it.

And his voice is not adolescent or emasculate in any way. He is on Snoop Dogg’s and 50 Cent’s records for fuck’s sake. He even did a song with Dr. Dre. Get back to me when you’re cool enough to collaborate with gangster rappers.

[quote]Joe84 wrote:

Johnny cash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> justin timberlake

grown men don’t listen to that crap, but hey that’s my opinion[/quote]

No use in fighting over taste. However, Timberlake just seems like another commercial crooner to me.

Speaking of Johnny Cash, I recently heard Nick Cave (of the Bad Seeds) on an interview on NPR talk about the impact that Johnny Cash had on him. It had never occured to me before, but I instantly recognized the commonalities.

From my perspective, I just committed a grave blasphemy by even mentioning Justin Timberlake in the same post with J Cash and Nick Cave. FORGIVE ME!!!

I really like the new Miley Cyrus CD. Oh and I can’t wait for Aaron Carter’s new CD to drop. OMG Totally!

What dress size do you wear Belligerent?

He’s taken care of his entire family since he was about 12 using his ability to entertain.

For that alone I respect him.

he’s also pulled scarlett johansen, jessica biel, cameron diaz, and britney spears.

Then dick in a box? Seems like a pretty cool guy though you might disagree with certain aspects of who he is, his music, and how he’s marketed.

He’s not “one of us”, and I dont want to hear his music anywhere near an athletic event… but I don’t see where the automatic gasp,shock,evil glare that you get if you say “timberlake” comes from.

btw, if you can sing and play n’syncs “Gone” on the guitar. It’s a panty dropper.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

btw, if you can sing and play n’syncs “Gone” on the guitar. It’s a panty dropper. [/quote]

But, does it really count if a guy was wearing those panties?

[quote]belligerent wrote:

• he takes white sounds and makes them black. [/quote]

lol. i dont even know whatyou mean by this.

Referring to the quote below . . . I am positively speechless. Don’t even know where to start.

Regarding the thread as a whole . . . TRIBUNAAAAAAAAAL!!! If ever one was warranted!! This ain’t E-Nation, ladies and gentlemen!!!

(j/k). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Sorta).

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Get back to me when you’re cool enough to collaborate with gangster rappers.[/quote]

This Henry Rollins clip is classic. Not referencing Timberlake in particular, but it drives home exactly the same point. Even references testosterone itself! Watch all 4:09 of it in full.

Then watch it again.

Then play it for your kids.

Then ask them if they have any questions.

If so, play it for them again. And again. And again.

(PS: The last half minute or so is the best). :wink:

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
belligerent wrote:

• he takes white sounds and makes them black.

lol. i dont even know whatyou mean by this.[/quote]

u don’t even know what that thing in your av is either