Justifying Creatine To Mommy

My mom has confiscated my creatine. She says that ever since I started taking it I have become more violent. This is complete BS as I haven’t hit anyone or done anything very violent.

I told her that there is no way that creatine can make you violent; she insists that she has spoken with a nurse and the nurse said it can.

I am 17 and all I was taking was 5g a day on a 5 weeks on/3 weeks off cycle. It was standard 100% creatine monohydrate no extra ingrediants.

Can anyone here suggest articles or websites that are from official sources like the FDA or a college or a science journal? So far I have one from the Journal of Neuroscience that suggests that creatine can actually reduce your risk of stroke.

My mom is convinced I’m addicted to creatine and no matter what I say she doesn’t believe me and says I’m only saying what every other addict says. Any help at all would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

~Pitbull11188

I wouldn’t rely on the FDA for that kind of information.Lmao.Tell your mommy creatine is all natural,like protein.Parents usually believe anything you tell them.

Tell her that creatine has been shown to help kids do better in school,lol.She’ll believe ya.Make up a fake paper about it.It’s not like you need creatine badly.Just order some Spike from here or GNC.

[quote]pitbull11188 wrote:

My mom has confiscated my creatine. She says that ever since I started taking it I have become more violent. This is complete BS as I haven’t hit anyone or done anything very violent.

I told her that there is no way that creatine can make you violent; she insists that she has spoken with a nurse and the nurse said it can.

I am 17 and all I was taking was 5g a day on a 5 weeks on/3 weeks off cycle. It was standard 100% creatine monohydrate no extra ingrediants.

Can anyone here suggest articles or websites that are from official sources like the FDA or a college or a science journal? So far I have one from the Journal of Neuroscience that suggests that creatine can actually reduce your risk of stroke.

My mom is convinced I’m addicted to creatine and no matter what I say she doesn’t believe me and says I’m only saying what every other addict says. Any help at all would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

~Pitbull11188 [/quote]

Eat big, get huge and tell her you’ll beat her up if she doesn’t give it back. Works for me

HAHAHAHAHA next time hide your steroids. hahahaha.

Hey,

Couldn’t find anything nice on FDA, but here’s some stuff from PubMed supporting creatine use.

Hope that’s useful.

As mentioned above, FDA studies about creatine are hard to find.

You could always start to act really violent, and tell her that the creatine helped calm you down…

If she thinks you have been more violent and agressive recently, remind her that you are a 17 year old male. You are going to be acting weird no matter what she thinks. Any “violent” tendencies can be attributed to your hormonal levels, especially testosterone.

Reason will not work here. Steal it back if you can. In the future do a better job of hiding it. Hint: Don’t use the original container.

[quote]lolfinkle wrote:
Eat big, get huge and tell her you’ll beat her up if she doesn’t give it back. Works for me[/quote]

Exactly… confirm her worst fears. Demand it back, and when she says no, hold your breath till your face turns red, start muttering random curse words under your breath, then put your fist through the wall (make sure it’s drywall, don’t hit a stud). She’ll cave in no time. If she doesn’t, refer to the above message about stealing it back.

Seriously though, whenever I’ve heard things like this about creatine from people who don’t know anything about it, I’ve always replied with the following: there’s roughly 5 grams of creatine in 2.2 lbs of red meat. That kind of backs up the fact that it’s naturally-occurring.

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
Reason will not work here. Steal it back if you can. In the future do a better job of hiding it. Hint: Don’t use the original container.[/quote]

I agree.

Then tell her you’ll kick the heroin habit if she gives you the can back.

Lol, kinda sounds like my grandmother. Tell her it’s naturally occuring, I’m sure you can google and find something official stating where and how much (read above post about red meat!) Otherwise, just go crazy eating and lifting, then take it back.

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
Reason will not work here. Steal it back if you can. In the future do a better job of hiding it. Hint: Don’t use the original container.[/quote]

Great, then she’ll think it’s coke. lol.

There’s information on creatine you can use in my last article “Vampires, Ballerinas and Ass Monkeys” and the next Ghost Wolf, which should come out today contains some references to studies done on creatine as well.

Good Luck!

Paint yourself green and tear out of your clothes.

As long as you live in her house you live by her rules.

Try not to worry about the creatine and make her grocery shop for the right kind of foods.

Don’t let her bring chips or any crap into the house.

Politely bug her anytime she eats anything remotely unhealthy. Tell her you love her and you want her to be healthy.

And watch your temper. The creatine may just be a way to punish you for whatever you are doing to piss her off.

[quote]Canis Dirus wrote:
S-Lifter wrote:
Reason will not work here. Steal it back if you can. In the future do a better job of hiding it. Hint: Don’t use the original container.

[/quote]
Hahahhaha, tell’er to snort it then. Nuthin like snorting creatine to fuck up Christmas

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
As long as you live in her house you live by her rules.

Try not to worry about the creatine and make her grocery shop for the right kind of foods.

Don’t let her bring chips or any crap into the house.

Politely bug her anytime she eats anything remotely unhealthy. Tell her you love her and you want her to be healthy.

And watch your temper. The creatine may just be a way to punish you for whatever you are doing to piss her off.[/quote]

Watch out Zap, you’re showing absurdity by being absurd!

Really, just eat big. You don’t need creatine.

Creatine in a concentrated form was not created for body builders but for people that need it for any type of musclar disfuction and it is highly spoken of in a vitamin/mineral/supplement book I own. Just tell here it’s to heal a muscle injury, since that’s a function of creatine.

I did punch a whole in my wall not because of the creatine but because i was mad. That didn’t work out my own parents actually charged me with criminal mischief so i’m not going to repeat that.

She tells me too bad when it comes to groceries and basically buys shit so i have to buy supplements so that I can get enough protein. Since I replace bfast with protein I asked for her to contribute $10 dollars a month, she flipped. I pay for all my own supplements.

I would steal back my creatine if I knew where it was.

I try to eat healthy as much as possible and I do a pretty good job, but I have to eat what she makes for dinner because it is for the family and i’m not special so i don’t get to cook my own special meals.

Basically I have the eating thing covered but the creatine did help me alot. Whether it was psychological or physiologiccal I got a boost from creatine worth the $20 for a 3 month supply.

My mom is hard to talk to about lifting topics because she wants to be healthy and she is relatively healthy. The problem is she was educated about health during the height of the running is god and fats are evil period.

She tries to help me, but her suggestions are Oprah/Dr. Phil BS opinions. For example, “Jeff I read that new studies suggest you don’t need to lift weights to get strong, you can just do bodyweight exercises and plyometrics”, “Jeff I read that lifting heavy can make your tendons weaker”, “Jeff you eat too much, that can overload your body with nutrients and then your body will extract less nutrients”, “Jeff 50lbs is enough for anyone to exercise with”, and my personal favorite, “Jeff I will not allow you to do free-weight squats anymore because they ruin your knees, you can either quit squatting or save up for a smith machine.”

Now you all see what I’m working with. She’s educated, but with the wrong materials.

Pitbull, why don’t you have her do a search on the net on creatine. Let her see the vast amount of info about the subject and leave it to her to reassess her decision. She may even learn something.

But I do sympathize with you Mom not listening to you even though she is dead wrong. I used to hate that.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Canis Dirus wrote:
S-Lifter wrote:

Hahahhaha, tell’er to snort it then. Nuthin like snorting creatine to fuck up Christmas[/quote]

Lol, that’s what I was thinking! Put some in a ziploc and put it under your bed and then dust some on your nose and then start acting like a imbecile! That would be hilarious! (Be sure to get some video of this to share)