Justice League Movie

I don’t know how many others on here, like me, check their favorite movie gossip/leak/tid-bit web sites every morning before work, but it’s led to sometimes getting me more excited for certain films, or other times just fearing their eventual release.

Batman has been my favorite superhero for as long as I can remember, and the recent BvS movie just physically pained me for many reasons. So here I am, checking every little leak that comes out from Zack Snyder and his inevitable Justice League movie, and one review has him showing (either script form or actual video - they’re about 1/3 way through production by now) a scene where Batman recruits the Flash for his “team” (“We’re putting together a team” -Nick Fury).

As I read this, all I can think of is the scene in the recent Marvel Civil War film where Stark shows up at Spiderman’s house. Am I the only one bothered by this? (am I really suck a nitpicky nerd? -lol)

S

THE FLASH INTRODUCTION SCENE

The setup of the scene that we were shown on-set is Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) returning to his apartment that is filled with technology that is all patched together. Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) is already there sitting in his Lazy Boy chair waiting for him. Bruce has the convenience store security camera footage in his possession which we saw originally in “Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice”.

BARRY ALLEN: “You must be looking for a person who looks exactly like me but is definitely not me. Somebody…I don’t know…hippie…long hair. A very attractive Jewish boy.”
Bruce shows him the camera footage which has Barry grabbing milk in the store. _
_ BARRY ALLEN: “Well he drinks milk and I don’t drink milk.”

BRUCE WAYNE: “I know you have abilities; I just don’t know what they are.”
BARRY ALLEN: “My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign-language, gorilla sign-language…”
BRUCE WAYNE: “Silicon-based sand coarse fabric. Abrasion-resistant. Heat-resistant.
_ BARRY ALLEN: “Uh yeah I do competitive ice dancing.”_
BRUCE WAYNE: “This is used on the space shuttle to prevent it from burning up upon re-entry.”
BARRY ALLEN: “I ummm do…very competitive ice dancing. Look man I don’t know who you are but whoever you’re looking for, it’s not me.”
Bruce then quickly throws a Batarang at Barry as the environment goes into slo-motion except for him who easily catches the Batarang and makes the revelation that Bruce is Batman. _
_ BARRY ALLEN: “You’re the Batman?”

BRUCE WAYNE: “So you’re fast.”
BARRY ALLEN: “That feels like an over-simplification.”
BRUCE WAYNE: “I’m putting together a team of people with special abilities. You see I think enemies are coming…”
BARRY ALLEN: “STOP! Right there. I’m in.”
BRUCE WAYNE: “You are. Just like that?”
BARRY ALLEN: “Yeah. Umm…I need friends.”
BRUCE WAYNE: “Great.”
BARRY ALLEN: looking at the Batarang “Can I keep this?”

1 Like

It’s definitely very similar…

Well, to be frank, Marvel is crushing it in the movies (not so much in the actual comics, they had a weak attempt to garner attention by making Cap a Hydra agent and it seems like it backfired; meanwhile, DC has done a rebirth thing that seems to be going very well) and DC is playing catchup by doing a shortened, half-assed version of what Marvel spent years systematically working towards almost to perfection (at least in terms of garnering popularity and getting people to come out and watch the movies and give them good reviews). It will probably only get worse since Marvel has Spiderman back. I’m still wishing that they’d get all their characters back, at least Civil War could have included the volume of characters it should have… oh well…

So ya, it’s going to seem a lot like a Marvel thing because they have seen before their eyes what works and will follow suit. Shamelessly, apparently. That’s what the movie industry does, right?

By the way, for the movies, when I say Marvel I really mean Disney and when I say DC I really mean Warner Brothers. If you’re talking about actual comics, it doesn’t matter because it isn’t a big enough cash cow any more.

On another note, they both have put out good animated movies and series. DC is out ahead with those, too, but it’s a more interesting matchup and I wish they’d both do more animated stuff (especially movies, but I like the tv shows, too).

World War Hulk, please. That would be the best animated comic movie ever in my opinion (if done right). Would be an awesome live-action movie, too (also if done right). But both companies have a host of good storylines that would make great movies, DC is just really behind Marvel in the movies at the moment.

Either way, it’s a great time to be a comic fan, don’t you think?

If it’s good I couldn’t care less if they follow Marvel…

1 Like

[quote=“The_Mighty_Stu, post:1, topic:218810”]
Am I the only one bothered by this?[/quote]
No.

Yes. :nerd:

Lots of talk that Thor: Ragnarok is basically going to be Planet Hulk, so this may not be too far off.

Yep. Combine it with being a zombie fan and you’re left crossing your fingers for a Marvel Zombies Netflix special.

It won’t be. The director fucking sucks.

Whoa… a Marvel zombies movie series would probably kill in the box office… next to impossible at this point, but down the road when they have established more characters (and have hopefully gotten the licenses back from other movie companies or at least have an agreement to be allowed to use them in their movies) in the movie universe.

I heard that the next Thor was going to have Hulk in it and be a buddy buddy type film, didn’t think they’d take it as far as being sort of like a Planet Hulk type thing.

warning comic geek moment approaching
I suppose they could work it so that Thor is the one they fight in the arena on Sakaar (instead of SS or BRB) and somehow intertwine the story with a Ragnarok storyline for Thor. Perhaps the movie will follow him leaving and going to save Asgard while we’re left “wondering” what happened with Hulk when he left. That rock giant thing he pummeled at the beginning of the second Thor could be a family member of the warbound rock guy (forget his name). Ya, they could definitely put it together nicely.

I’ll take it if it’s done right.

At the end of the second Avengers when Hulk just flew off by himself, it gave me the feeling that they could possibly go down that road, so I have hope.

Also, I’m with USMCCDS, if the DC movies are done well, it wouldn’t bother me if they copy Marvel’s plan. They can make it their own while still following the same overall formula. It seems like that’s what they’re doing, they’re just rushing it because they’re playing catch-up.

Official Justice League trailer:

" I’m putting together a team" - Nick Fury

S

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking, Batman is the DC Nick Fury, now. haha.

Trailer looks awesome, though. I’m just hoping that Green Lantern and MMH are also in it.

I also saw the trailor for the new WW movie. Also looks awesome.

It seems like the song that dropped when she saved Batman in the last movie is actually her theme (which most probably wouldn’t have been thinking about while watching), which I like.

2 Likes

The biggest problem is they desperately need to make Superman likeable.The two movies he’s been in so far have not done that at all.

2 Likes

Looks alright. But, let’s not kid ourselves here… I’ll see it.

The cool thing is how the universe will be able to tie the characters from “The Suicide Squad” into their story lines. I think this will allow for a more robust universe.

2 Likes

I wish it were otherwise, but it looks like they put these scenes togther solely to try and generate interest after the universally poor reviews of BvS

S

I wouldn’t count on good reviews for any DC movies with the big gun characters in it. They’re too iconic at this point and everyone is too eager to shit all over anything they find. This combination makes it next to impossible to put out a movie that is critically acclaimed and has the founding Justice League members in it, in my opinion.

With that being said, if people can just ignore all the critics and see the movies for themselves, they can still be awesome. I don’t think BvS was the best comic movie ever (best cast ever, arguably, since the big 3 have never been in a movie together, not including Lex and Doomsday who are also iconic villains) but I thought it was solid and got the job done in garnering interest for future movies.

They’re playing catch-up to Marvel in the movies, so they don’t have the luxury of time to put together a more in-depth story. I’m positive that a comment from BvS that Batman made while talking to Alfred (or maybe the other way around) along with his costume that had the paint/writing on it was meant for whatever happens in the Suicide Squad movie. Can’t wait to find out. So even with a shortened time frame, they can still add in a lot of nuance to the various stories. They’ll need it if they want to compete. Marvel does an excellent job with that.

1 Like

Ya, I think that’s pretty true. For example, I am not digging the new flash. It seems like they’re making him too nerdy and too much like the young spiderman in Civil War. I don’t like that take on Allen at all. On the flip side, I think the casting for Wonder Woman couldn’t have been more perfect. Gal Gadot was one of the highlights of BvS. She played the part perfectly, imo.

1 Like

Ah yes, their answer to the new Spiderman. I see it. With that being said, I feel like they are very similar in the personality department, in the comics. I haven’t read a lot of Flash, but that’s what I understand by talking to people.

And also yes, she did a great job as far as I’m concerned. Has a good look to her. It even seems like she grew a little more ass since Fast and Furious. I’m more of a Marvel guy than a DC guy, but I’m very eager to see the new WW movie. It looks like it’ll be awesome.

1 Like