T Nation

Just Wondering

20y/o

6’2
245
trying to tone up over the summer
track and field athlete

squat= 600
bench= 325
snatch= 257
clean (hang)= 375
clean (floor)= 340

2

If this is a joke its fucking awesome. if not, well its still fucking funny.

3

what do you find funny?

Im calling shannagins on the lifts, I think I called bs a little to soon, Do you have vids of your lifts, you dont exactly look like the kind of guy that benches 325 and squats 600 thats all.

I think i have a video of my going 364 from hang clean and maybe my bench on this computer ill post them in a bit.

so i was wondering if anyone had some advice for me. i want to lose about 15lbs, get down to around 230. but keep the strength levels i have now, or get stronger.

well then I retract my previouse statements, Good job man.

Rofl he looks exactly like a guy that can do those lifts? Why would you doubt that? Because of a higher fat percent than average. Besides the lack of direct arm work and incline bp and maybe more chest work all looks fine. Just lay low on the junk for a while and keep training and eating protein should be fine… I wouldnt go on a crash diet for the summer tho, just keep working on your body composition.

Hang Clean
2 reds (25kg)
1 blue (20kg)
5lb plate
Total Weight 362

Bench
2 reds (25kg)
1 25lb plate
Total Weight 314

Both of these lifts were back in october

[quote]hardhead57 wrote:
Hang Clean
2 reds (25kg)
1 blue (20kg)
5lb plate
Total Weight 362

Bench
2 reds (25kg)
1 25lb plate
Total Weight 314

Both of these lifts were back in october
[/quote]

Nice lifts. I can see we don’t have another troll on are hands which is a good thing. welcome to the site.

10, Bad ass lifts man!

[quote]hardhead57 wrote:
so i was wondering if anyone had some advice for me. i want to lose about 15lbs, get down to around 230. but keep the strength levels i have now, or get stronger.[/quote]

Take what you eat now, and make six meals out of it to try and keep your metabolism up.

Eliminate sugars like soda or excess processed carbs like chips.

Increase your protein intake, maybe Metabolic Drive Complete; I like it.

This is pretty much the strategy that I have taken and it has worked well, down 20lbs. Also, HOT-ROX Extreme is an amazing help in this.

Your lifts are damn good. The squat seems out of proportion when compared to the others; I am in the same ballpark in most of the lifts or even a little higher in bench, but a 600 squat blows my 455 out of the water. Damn impressive.

AMAZING LIFTS!!

[quote]hardhead57 wrote:
Hang Clean
2 reds (25kg)
1 blue (20kg)
5lb plate
Total Weight 362

Bench
2 reds (25kg)
1 25lb plate
Total Weight 314

Both of these lifts were back in october
[/quote]

Ok I did the math on your bench press here is the breakdown.

bench:
2x25kg (each side) = 50kgs
2x25lb = 50lb

to turn Kgs to lbs you multiply 50kgs by 2.2 = 110lbs multiply that by two (2) because thats each side so you will get:

110 x 2 = 220
now add your 25lb plates each side gives you:

220 + 50 = 270lbs

now take into account the weight of the bar (lets say its a 25lb bar gives you:

270 + 25 = 295lbs
you still need to make up 19lbs and it doesn’t look like you are using a thick bar so your calculations are off. I am not calling you a liar or anything. I hope that you forgot to add something such as you were using a heavy bar and you forgot to add that into your calculations.

Either way I dont want you to think your lifting more than what you say you are and then for you to get hurt in the gym.

I am not the strongest guy and I have never claimed to be so I am not trying to flame or troll but you don’t look like you bench over 300lbs (I look like I couldn’t even bench my pet cat right now I am not making excuses for myself but with little equipment and no bench or oly bar its hard to build a strong bench).

Why assume its a 25 lb bar? olympic bars usually weigh 45lbs or 20.2 kg. That would explain where the last 20lb on his bench came from.

[quote]Simon Forsyth wrote:
now take into account the weight of the bar (lets say its a 25lb bar gives you:

270 + 25 = 295lbs
you still need to make up 19lbs and it

[quote]rbpowerhouse wrote:
Why assume its a 25 lb bar? olympic bars usually weigh 45lbs or 20.2 kg. That would explain where the last 20lb on his bench came from.

Simon Forsyth wrote:
now take into account the weight of the bar (lets say its a 25lb bar gives you:

270 + 25 = 295lbs
you still need to make up 19lbs and it [/quote]

I assumed that because all the Olympic bars I have used here in Australia were 25lbs.

Like I stated I hope my calculations were wrong and I hoped that the guy was strong. I don’t want it to come across as me being negative but I wanted it to be clarified and most oly bars don’t feel as thought they weigh that much.

Looking for clarification, thats all.

[quote]Simon Forsyth wrote:
hardhead57 wrote:
Hang Clean
2 reds (25kg)
1 blue (20kg)
5lb plate
Total Weight 362

Bench
2 reds (25kg)
1 25lb plate
Total Weight 314

Both of these lifts were back in october

110 x 2 = 220
now add your 25lb plates each side gives you:

220 + 50 = 270lbs

now take into account the weight of the bar (lets say its a 25lb bar gives you:

[/quote]

Most Olympic bars weigh approx. 45lbs or 20.45kg. I have actually weighed the ones in my gym and they are 21.6kg.
I think he is lifting what he claims, maybe even more. For instance all our Pulse 20kg plates actually weigh 20.8kg so it doesn’t take long for the extra weight to add on.

Sorry for the hijack.
Great lifts btw and if you follow what most of the guys are telling you in regards to meal freq. and food quality you will attain your goals and then some.

Cheers

Cain

EDIT: Damn late post…Sorry

[quote]Simon Forsyth wrote:

Either way I dont want you to think your lifting more than what you say you are and then for you to get hurt in the gym.

[/quote]

I don’t want those 25 lb oly bars in Australia to change into 45 lb bars one day and then for you to get hurt in the gym…you know, because I’m a weak asshole who doesn’t want people that are stronger than me thinking that they can lift 20 lbs more than they really can.

Honestly though, according to my calculations I care about you.