Just What We Need... Another Log

[quote]soldog wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:

The triceps held up well but my right shoulder is a problem. Every time I tested it I had to back down again. Going to dig in the archive and find a good shoulder rehab program…

Colin,
Here are the titles of the articles I have saved in my profile. Either search for the article titles or just use the links in my profile…

(De)-Constructing Computer Guy
Neanderthal No More Part I
Cracking the Rotator Cuff Conundrum
Shoulder Savers: Part III
Shoulder Savers: Part I
Shoulder Savers: Part II
8 Weeks to Monster Shoulders
[/quote]

I’ll toss in that I started making real progress on my shoulders when I started holding the stretches for at least 30 seconds each stretch and doing them at least six days a week.

Has really made a difference.

Wish you well on the recovery, and in keeping out of trouble with the new car.

:wink:

Weight - 238
age - 45 this weekend meh
Mood - disturbed
Music - Rev theroy (Jamie Eason’s Man’s Band)

Warm Up

Ball Bridges - 5x30 Seconds 2 feet, 3x15 seconds 1 foot

Hyper extentions off a swiss ball - 3x15

AB wheel - 3x10 * I tried to put the emphaisis on my hamstrings instead of my abs comming back up.

Step up to bench - 1x10@135, 3x10@225, 3x5@250

Bench Squats for speed - 10x3@225 30second rest

Sled - 10@400, 580, 760, 940, 1120 5x2@1200

10 20 yard sprints

5 40 yard sprints

2 60 yard sprints

Hot tub for 30 minutes!

Happy Birthday and i’m happy your up from the nap. I’ve got 8 years on ya, 35 lbs, and beautiful grey hair. The best to ya.

Happy birthday! Enjoy it and your non mid life ride.

Happy Birthday Colin.

Say…maybe a new car each year about this time?

This is why i don’t leave the over 35 section much.
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/people_on_tnation

A weak ass kid bashing others about being strong and one prick BB who thinks he is strong bashing everyone. None of them posting any numbers to any strength type competition where said numbers can be verified. Nice… So easy to tear other people down instead of working hard to lift yourself up…

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
This is why i don’t leave the over 35 section much.
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/people_on_tnation

A weak ass kid bashing others about being strong and one prick BB who thinks he is strong bashing everyone. None of them posting any numbers to any strength type competition where said numbers can be verified. Nice… So easy to tear other people down instead of working hard to lift yourself up…[/quote]

Ditto…

I have strayed in the past, but was subjected to such inanity and unpurposed rudeness that I have since vowed to confine my posts to this forum.

There’s nothing wrong, I suppose - with those other forums, but who here has the time for it? The Grim Reaper is making housecalls just down the street…

It’s an old joke but I really do think half the people posting are little shits sitting in they’re basement making up persona. I venture out every now and then but usually come running right back.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
It’s an old joke but I really do think half the people posting are little shits sitting in they’re basement making up persona. I venture out every now and then but usually come running right back.[/quote]

Their MOTHERS’s basements.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
hel320 wrote:
It’s an old joke but I really do think half the people posting are little shits sitting in they’re basement making up persona. I venture out every now and then but usually come running right back.

Their MOTHERS’s basements.[/quote]

HAHAHA, NICE!!

Monday 22 Sept 2008

Core-

V sits w/h 10 pd med ball 3x25

Side twists w/h 10 pd med ball - 2x25

Leg lifts off bench - 3x25

Speed

Bench - 3 Diff grips - 30sec rest - 12x3@135

flat tates - 50x10, 60x10, 70x8

banded (red mini’s) db presses - 3x10@70

Military press - 3x 12@135

Cuban Press - 3x10@90

Side laterals - 3x15@25

24 Sept 08

Pull Ups - 3x10 *purple band assist

Chin Ups - 3x10 *purple band assist

Rack Pulls from below knee - 135, 225, 305, 405x10, 500x5,
550x3, 580x1, 600x1

Seated DB Shrugs - 3x12@150

A1 - Bent over rows extrqa wide grip 3x10@135
A2 - Face Pulls 3x15@Purple band

Band Pull Aparts - 3x20@purple band

Awesome bro.

Strong pulls and shrugs. You thinking of going after some deadlifting or full PL competition as well as the bench?

Colin -

These are some awesome numbers you’re posting. Of all things, freaking 90# cuban presses @10 reps jump out at me. I love that movement, but if it’s anything, it’s humbling…

re: car. You bastard! I’m an old MOPAR junkie and a wagon junkie as well-- I’ve been salivating over the Magnum for years.

Dodge got it right with the new Charger :wink: Have you seen the SRT8 Super Bee? Sweet. I only wish they made a 2-door version (if they do, I’ve never seen one).

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
24 Sept 08

Pull Ups - 3x10 *purple band assist

Chin Ups - 3x10 *purple band assist

Rack Pulls from below knee - 135, 225, 305, 405x10, 500x5,
550x3, 580x1, 600x1

Seated DB Shrugs - 3x12@150

A1 - Bent over rows extrqa wide grip 3x10@135
A2 - Face Pulls 3x15@Purple band

Band Pull Aparts - 3x20@purple band[/quote]

Colin,

This looks a lot like the repetition upper body day in the WS4SB workout.

Those are some crazy numbers on the rack pull, especially after the pull-ups and chin-ups.

Great stuff…

Just getting caught up a bit. Those rack pulls are crazy. And shrugging almost my bodyweight? You really know how to make a guy feel petite! Great work. Not sure how I got into the 6’4" 240 club, but every team needs a light-middle weight, so I’m in! Congrats on the ride, I’m sure you’ve earned it ten fold.

Thanks all, the rack pulls were just below the knee so it wasn’t all that impressive. Now if I could pull 600 from the floor for a couple, that would be the ticket!

I am still very much influenced by Westside techniques. I made my best gains in everything when I started lifting that way. I’m not following the template very strict right now just sort of preloading the CNS and testing the joints to see what needs works. Still have a sore shoulder and some weak glutes to mess with. Shoulder is probably sore because I keep doing stupid stuff like 90 lb Cubans, LOL.

Got a new radio put in the car this weekend. An all in one touch screen Navi/DVD/Sat Pioneer. Spent way to much money on it but decided to spoil myself a bit! Good to see you back Bro!

29 Sept
weight 245
Music Mix

Core
Planks, Swiss ball crunch, leg lifts

DB Press palms Facing - 3x15@70, 5x5@100

Close grips rest pause - 3x10@135 (2 sec rest)

Behind the neck DB raise - 3x10@30

BW Dips 3x10

RC work 3x15

Side laterals 3x10@25

Front plate raise 3x12@45

Shoulder hurting today decided to take it easy.