Just Venting A Bit

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Prozac didn’t work at all for me. Did nothing. [/quote]

It’s a chemical precursor for serotonin. Available OTC too.

I had a mate use it for a month and he said it really helped out during a rough patch.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Beast27195 wrote:
Prozac didn’t work at all for me. Did nothing.

I had a mate use it for a month and he said it really helped out during a rough patch.[/quote]

Hell, I wish I just had to take a pill to feel better. I wish hitting things and lifting made me feel better. At this point, I can’t help but get all “what’s my purpose in life” and things like that. Kind of a downer. And while I want friends and such, I worry about the baggage I have with me. As jacked up as I am emotionally, would I even be capable of finding and maintaining friendships or a relationship. I have no answer to that.

Hopefully you read my post, Granted I started it out by joking around, but I truly feel the way to go with this is the spiritual route. The reason you are asking about the “whats my purpose in life” type questions is because you have left that side of you seriously underused and undertrained.

Think of a skinny 25 year old who has done nothing but drink mt Dew and play video games since he was a kid. The level of Atrophy on his muscles would make him look like a concentration camp victim. You gotta start reading, even if it’s only on the internet. There are answers out there, ones that will fulfill your inner self, and that is what makes us happy, not our physical self.

I’ll offer it again, Use me if need be. PM me and I will answer any question you have, call it free counseling if you want. Anything you say to me will always be 100% confidential because I am not a douchebag. I care about other people and I care about you. The world will be better off if people are awakened and fulfilled spiritually, If I can awaken someone, then perhaps they will help awaken other people as well. It doesn’t take a degree to do it, it takes having done it personally.

It’s like someone teaching you proper form on the squat. Once you learn and understand it, you are now qualified to teach others how to squat. Let me teach the spiritual side of you, to sqat and deadlift and bench, that way we can make you and those around you stronger.

A side effect of waking up spiritually, is that you gain a higher sense of self as you become a teacher to others. Your life is no longer empty, you have purpose and that is ultimately what we are all looking for as spiritual beings. Please PM Me.

V

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Beast27195 wrote:
Prozac didn’t work at all for me. Did nothing.

I had a mate use it for a month and he said it really helped out during a rough patch.

Hell, I wish I just had to take a pill to feel better. I wish hitting things and lifting made me feel better. At this point, I can’t help but get all “what’s my purpose in life” and things like that. Kind of a downer. And while I want friends and such, I worry about the baggage I have with me. As jacked up as I am emotionally, would I even be capable of finding and maintaining friendships or a relationship. I have no answer to that. [/quote]

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
“what’s my purpose in life”[/quote]

Find something that makes you feel good that you can devote your life to. You may need to reevaluate this question every so often. No worries, life can only get more interesting the more open minded you are to the possibilities of rediscovery.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I tried looking for your age, but it’s not listed (even glanced at your pics, but it’s hard to judge your age). My firt thought (as it often is, lol) is hormones. They can fuck you up royally and chronically and many doctors will bypass testing for them, if you are (or appear to be as you do), physically healthy and athletic.

Granted, you look yo be in good shape, but many Drs seem to forget the old adage ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. High estrogen can trigger loss of emotional control for example but may not be visible on the outside.

So, 2 questions at this stage. 1) How old are you. 2) Have you had a full blood panel for hormones (thryoid, test, estrogen, etc, etc, etc) ever?

BBB[/quote]

I’m 28, and I’ve gotta go through those tests periodically, as I’m on a lovely medley of meds. And I like to think I look every bit of 28. Sometimes, like when I have my 'stache, I’ll pass for even older…like 30! lol. Sorry, I draw the question of my age a lot, for some reason. Look to be in my twenties, but act older.

Beast, I’m afraid I don’t have any helful advice, but I’m so sorry you are having such a hard time right now.

You know, you say you want camraderie but you don’t want to load anyone down with your baggage. But you don’t have to start out by unloading baggage on people - if you are with friends & starting to feel bad maybe you could just say, “Sorry, I’m still having kind of a hard time adjusting to being back.”
Maybe they’ll ask, maybe they won’t, but who on earth could fault you for struggling to adjust after a tour?

You will pull past this, Beastie, you really will.