Just Under 14 Weeks Before 2 MPD Shows

these were me in oct 2014 at 178.9. mens physique ANBF Culver City. Took 1st tall, 2nd overall. Class of 3 total mind you.

I feel as lean or better right now at 4 weeks out yet so feel very good. I did my own prep for that show mind you and only spent 12 weeks in prep vice 20 like this time.

Pics of me at 20 weeks out day 1 prep for this show.

20 days to go folks

180lbs even today. redeed day. a whopping 225 grams carbs! Yah!

no changes now for what is 3 weeks from coach. dropping 1.3-1.6lbs a week for past 2 weeks and he good with that and pics. cardio at 6x a week for 40 mins. we dropped the HIIT last week as it was causing hypo symptoms my work classes i lead for PT.

macros:

100c, 40f, 250p
225, 35f, 230p (every 6 days refeed)

OK, now you are starting to get lean! Good.

I think you need a full year to put on size after this show. Perhaps I am being lazy here but what org are you competing in?

I can’t really gauge just how much more pounds of stage weight you need to look “filled out”, but it will be a lot for next time. I think my guess would be arbitrary considering just how tall you are and just how long your limbs are. You have a short torso and long limbs, which makes it damn hard for the limbs to look full!

1 Like

You look best in your side shot pictures. I’d definitely try to twist as much as possible during your front and back shots to try to emphasize a side-esque pose.

I am 6’1 and 3/4" to be exact. I cant fathom knowing I will be sub 180 on show day now. Never thought I would be this light!

Side poses I agree. My wide hips do not help much for V taper effects at all.

Cardio still at 6x a week for 40 minutes. Leg day the one day I get to skip it thank heavens!

I am competing in the UNBA wich can be found here: http://www.unbainc.com/assets/novemberinformationalflyer.jpg

First time in this org myself. Show is right straight through 1pm to end. Never done a show like that. I like it though. No random down time to burn between am and night show segments.

Doing novice and open divisions.

@BrickHead I cannot wait to start adding on size believe me! I hate being this small even with the leanness aspects. Been at 205ish for about 2 years this just feels odd now! This is why I have my coach Peter to help reverse diet me and then assure we pack on size over the next calendar year post show.

Just remember that you don’t have to get sloppy to put on additional lbm. You have to make progress, but be comfortable with how you look at the same time.

S

as a fitness professional i will never not look that part or be able to perform the part of a professional in my duty. more so with military groups. i would HATE to be a fitness/performance director who cant scale walls, climb ropes, boulder a wall, run with sand bag, climb a netting, lift logs etc. i have seen some others in those roles who cannot do these things or struggle terribly. i have vowed from the first time i saw this to NOT let myself become one of them.

as a fitness trainer/coach and sports nutritionist as well, i will not let myself get to a point where someone would ask…really? but you dont look it?

not to say that abs and veins are needed all year round (they are not!) but looking your role IMO is in fact party what sells and lends strong credibility to those in my profession/career/role as i think most will agree.

Pete my coach, is in full agreement with me that although I do need size and lots of it…we have time on our side so doing it “grow-slow” style where I keep what I get and not diet off 80% of the size later on…is best for me.

flat as fuck in these shots. taken this morning of my now meager 200g carb up day. so 5 days of low carbing at 100g a day…

178.4 this am. prep all time low and lifetime adult low for that…

2 weeks out now folks!!

coach says no changes to diet or cardio as weight still dropping on par with his goals for me.

Your leanness has definitely ramped up, and of course you can lose some more fat in the next two weeks. I think next go around, give yourself some extra time. Or perhaps you had some hiccups along this way that I missed, which can happen to anyone. I was just very lucky I did not encounter any in the last three months of my prep.

I say congratulations though, because you have definitely been dedicated to this prep!

1 Like

gave myself 20 weeks this time round. longest i ever gave myself for a prep to date in 6 shows lifetime. normal was 12-14 weeks before this.

no hiccups during 2nd 10 weeks of formal cutting down to be honest. first 10 week tapering period i let myself eat more or less what i wanted (in reason) using flexible dieting approach but still hitting macros spot on every day. refeed days did not begin till week 11 where both how much and what i foods i ate both were more factored.

205-177ish in 18 weeks so far has been pretty darn steady. i think the real killer for me this whole prep compared to any other i did before was the residual cardio amount i had to deal with 5-6 days a week with daily for my job demands. i do not respond well to lots of cardio in terms of look or hormone profiles responses.

just a heads up to all that i am moving my thread/journal over to the TRAINING LOGS section of the forum where it belongs. Title “Joshuas Journey”

I want to make the tail end of prep as visable and public as can be for both education, insight, perspective and outcomes to be known and learned from, feedback offered and lessons learned.

1 Like