Just Under 14 Weeks Before 2 MPD Shows

I wish I had pics, I’m not a photo type of guy. But I was about 8 to 9 percent 4 weeks out, be 185 to 172, at 69in. Sessions were about 50min on average drenched in sweat. Lots of intra nutrition

cardio day only yesterday, 40 mins gauntlet as always…

today:

35-minute track run for work at 11am…

6pm chest and shoulders…had training buddy justin tonight…loved it!

5 min bike warm up, 10 mins dynamic movement…

incline machine bench
2x15 warm ups

decline bench
4x12-8 pyramid

incline db bench with supinated press motion
3x8

hammer iso laterl press
2x8 negatives only + 1 set burn out drop set to failure 15+ reps

seated free motion shoulder press
3x10 + 1 drop set to failure 12+ reps

rear cable fly ss with seated plate front raises
3x12 each

free motion cable fly: i go, he goes, i go, he goes, changing angle each set
1x12 high to low, mid, low to high, 2 rounds through, 6 sets total

db laterals ss with kettle bell high pull
3x15 laterals / 7 reps of high pulls with fast pull up, slow eccentric down

abs:
1x20 each as a circuit:

dead bug
single leg drops
butterfly crunch
bicycles

5 minutes recumbent bike cool down

I think this is a bad idea if you are going to actually use the Doggcrapp template (upper-lower split with one work set per body part). This is NOT a knock on the program or Dante at all. I just simply think it is not a program for someone with the points you have to bring up.

For you, I’d strongly consider placing deadlifts at the end of back workouts and do the exercises in this order:

1. row variation
  2. pullover variation
  3. pulldown or chin-up/pullup variation
  4. rack deadlift or trap bar deadlift with high handles
  5. face pulls

That’s just my take on the back workout so far. But of course it’s just my opinion and you don’t have to follow it. Just please, get out of the powerlifter mentality of starting a workout with full range deadlifts.

I am not recommending my favorite split just because I use it.
It’s this:

1. Chest, biceps
  2. legs (calves included)
  3. off, abs
  4. Shoulders, triceps
  5. back
  6. off, abs
    Repeat cycle.

Eventually you might need a split that allows an arm day judging by your long limbs. However, I have come to the conclusion that someone like you just needs straight up mass throughout your whole body, especially your legs, shoulders, and chest. This can be accomplished by having all workouts that start with these large muscle groups.

Dump all complicated training methods or templates and stick with the recommendations I went over in my thread. Do this for one full year and I think you will be pleased.

I am not an expert but it’s my conclusion.

1 Like

The only concept I look to adopt from DC is the EOD split structure. Nothing more. Keeping my PPL rotation in place as is.

Looks like a good split overall. Not like what I used before for physique based outcomes.
Not something I could/would use during my Powerlifting periods of course but like now when stage based outcomes is the goal I’ll look to incorporate this kind of split.
This 3 week training block ends next week Saturday and with 6 weeks to go then till show 1 and 8 weeks till show 2, I may very well transition to the split you have posted here.
Thanks mate!

…are you saying I’m complicated?

Todays lift session:

Legs!!!

5 min stepper warm up, hip mobz, dynamice warm ups…

1x20 leg extensions, leg curls, inner/outer thigh machine

all sets stopped 1 rep shy of total failure tonight…more for volume and TUT hitting many angles vs sheer intensity and load. legs a bit recked yesterday from ruck run.

triplex: all 3 in a row for sets then added weight and dropped reps next set

machine deep front squats x15, 12, 10
angled high and wide leg press x15, 12, 10
free motion close stance angular back support squat x15, 12, 10

hoist supine leg press:
2x20 burn out sets

single leg press machine
2x15per leg

seated calf presses
3x15 + 10 sec iso stretch after last rep all sets

prone leg curls
2x15

single leg standing leg curl
2x15 per leg

single leg extensions
3x12 with iso hold at top of each rep

6 minute recumbent bike cool down, foam roll, done! 90 minutes, drenched in sweat! felt damn good! more so in that i was dragging a bit coming in tonight. great way to end it! refeed day tomorrow!!

7 weeks out tomorrow as well! stay tuned for stats check in and pics.

Uh, no. I don’t see how you are.

I agree with @BrickHead about the split training. And up to a certain level of strength a body part split can lead to strength gains, I used a conjugate style for max effort work on the primary training days, then did some speed work on the other days. But like with all things you have to prioritize for goals.

So what do you do, service related?

Well as I mentioned above I have 1 more week as of today to finish out this 4 week mesocylce with the PPL split and I am really big on riding things out to the end start to finish as planned. I have seen great progress in last 4 weeks now leading to today going from 191.5lbs to 186.6lbs this AM with no drops in gym performance, no hard feelings of hunger or cravings etc. Now of course, the LOOK is what matters most in the end but even there I personally do see improvement in my pictures as well. Here are this mornings shots…

7 weeks out from show 1 with INBA and 9 weeks out from show 2 with UNBA. Both SoCal based so lucky little to no travel needed. Also as an aside…I am happy to say I just locked in a sponsor with ProLab/MRI this past week and have them supporting me for these two shows and beyond that. Excited to be working with a reputable company with such tenure in the sports nutrition industry.

As of tomorrow, these are macros moving forward. Same as this past week. Saw half pound weight loss so I see no need to change much at this time.

Yesterday was 6th day re-feed day.

500g carb
185g pro
30g fat

I am the afloat fitness and nutrition director (DOD CIV NAF employee) for the USS Essex in Naval Base San Diego. Have been with them for 2 years. Was assigned to USS Ronald Reagan for 2.5 years before that. I manage, oversee, structure and document all fitness, sports and nutrition support for the 1100 member crew in port (as has been for 9 months) and the next 8, but as well as when we deploy out to sea. I spent 7 months out last May through end of December 2015 in 5th fleet. Boy was that a challenge for training and diet! Learned that any formal show prep now is EASY compared to making a diet and workout plan work on an amphibious assault ship of 4000 people.

Right now I am in works of getting my background checks approved by DOA to transfer to Fort Hauchuca AZ in the Army Medical Division at Raymond A Bliss Medical Center as the installations Health Educator. If all my papers go through and pass muster then I would start in about a month.

I loved chuka, hot as fudge, drier heat. Benning was the place I died lol.

how is it living around there? knowing now you have some exposure to the area ill pick your brain now! i like having a mild to bustling metro/city life with areas to escape and get my nature fix, hikes, outdoors etc. i looked at climate stats and it looks like june-august it can get up to the 90’s but because its at 4,000’ it does not get as bad as the general area.i can handle 3 months of heat much better then i prefer to handle 5 months of cold ass ice and snow back in midwest!

how are base gyms, local city gyms?

Tuesdays Terrorized Workout Session!

6-730pm, Word Gym PB…last of 2 workouts before membership expires! Made it count!

Chest and biceps: (+35 minute ruck run 11am for work)

5 min warm up walk, 10 minutes dynamic movement series, cuff work…

hammer flat bench press
4x10 reps (RP last 2 sets to get 10)

seated converging chest press machine
4x12 (RP last set to get 12)

incline converging chest press machine
4x10 (RP last set to get 10)

kneeling cable crunch
3x20

cable cross over flys
3x10 with 2 sec iso hold at bottom

bench leg raises
3x20

incline alternating DB curls (super good pump with these!!)
4x12 per arm

hammer preacher curl machine
3x15 reps with iso hold at top

that was all for today folks! legs tomorrow!

Yesterday was legs and today was just cardio…lets begin:

530-7pm yesterday, World Gym, PB

5 min treadmill warm up, dynamic warm ups…foam roll

angled leg press, narrow and mid level
4x10

hack squats narrow and mid level
3x12

single leg supine leg press machine
3x12 each leg

donkey calf raises
3x15 + 10s iso stretch after last rep

prone leg curl/seated leg curl s.s.
3x15-20 each

seated calf pess
3x12 + 10s iso stretch after last rep

leg extensions
2x20 reps

inner outer thigh machine
1x25 reps to failure each s.s.

5 minute treadmill walking cool down…foam rolling…KICK ASS workout session last night let me say that!

today was just 30 minutes incline, fast treadmill walking after work. 400 kcals burned on my HR monitor.

low carb day today…being an off day. just 150 carbs on the day for today…but tomorrow!!! refeed day baby! 500g down the hatch coming up!

6 weeks out today. 188.6lbs. up 2lbs from last week. however, yesterday was refeed day as well so that figures.

amazing delts and tris session yesterday evening after a pretty mild 35 minute ruck at work just 4 hours prior. today was a kick ass back day mid afternoon. energy and vigor in the gym still good. some days i need that 2nd cup of coffee to get it going but it always goes well once at the gym to pound it!

rest day tomorrow. no lifting or cardio. complete off day! (besides what work calls for that is…)

5 weeks out from show 1, 7 from show 2.

188.6 at 6’1"

feel I look flat for having had 555g carbs the day before for refeed day…or is this just me seeing things?

I would, definitely up the intensity in weight training, what are your meals looking like on refeeds? Macros in included.