Just Switched Up My Routine

height: 5’10"/5’11"

ive had this split routine really since i started working out a year ago, but i dont consider the lifting serious until a few months ago
this is the last time im switching up my workouts until i completely switch up my split routine or try another routine all together, ill probably stick with this routine for a good month unless you guys recommend otherwise

my goal is to get ripped and strong, but im still a twig so i just care about gaining muscle right now
i just eat a fuckload and workout 3-4 times a week, and take whey and multivitamin, ive upped my weight and gained 3-4 pounds in the last month/month and a half

i kept a food log for a good month but i lost consistency and became lazy with it, i also keep a workout log that i’ve stuck with and record my max weight im able to do for 4-5 reps, and write down any concerns/questions on form or how my diet affects my ability to lift

what it means when it says ascending/descending as all of you probably know are ascending/descending pyramids, i might wanna try supersets or dropsets in the future, or some other form of training, but im not quite sure what to go with, and if i keep the split routine what muscle groups i should put together
so im just wondering if im heading in the right direction, or if there is any modifications i need to make

biceps and back day

incline dumbbell curls - ascending
reverse grip barbell curls - descending
quick back stretch
deadlifts - straight sets
dumbbell rows - ascending
back hyperextensions - descending

triceps and chest day

chest warmup with a quick set of 10 reps on a pec deck machine
dumbbell press - ascending
barbell incline press - descending
decline dumbbell flies - ascending
close grip bench press - descending
standing tricep extensions - ascending

legs and shoulders day

quick leg stretch
smith back squats - descending
hack squats - ascending
calve extensions - descending
quick shoulder stretch
military dumbbell press - ascending
dumbbell side raises - straight sets

and also a quick alt. dumbbell question:
should i always end my sets on even numbers, cause if i dont ill get uneven biceps right?

i also have a big bag of ground up flaxseed, how much should i consume daily?

and lastly, i dont have definitive times i eat, i just eat when im hungry, i used to follow that small meal 6 times a day thing but i havent done it in a while
at my age should i just worry about my calorie and protein intake and not nutrient timing and all the other details?

I’m not gonna touch your weight training program because
a) I’m not a fan of body part splits
b) I’m not a fan of pyramiding reps

I also have no idea how doing an odd number of reps would cause your biceps to grow unevenly (unless, of course you did more unilateral work for one arm than for the other).

1/2 cup of ground flaxseed (flaxmeal, as it’s called) has about 250kcal and 20g of fiber. That’s what I’d shoot for, at least.

Worry about your calorie and protein intake first. When you’ve got that down, then worry about nutrient timing and all the other details.

[quote]Otep wrote:
I’m not gonna touch your weight training program because
a) I’m not a fan of body part splits
b) I’m not a fan of pyramiding reps

I also have no idea how doing an odd number of reps would cause your biceps to grow unevenly (unless, of course you did more unilateral work for one arm than for the other).

1/2 cup of ground flaxseed (flaxmeal, as it’s called) has about 250kcal and 20g of fiber. That’s what I’d shoot for, at least.

Worry about your calorie and protein intake first. When you’ve got that down, then worry about nutrient timing and all the other details.[/quote]

thanks for the advice

Ok. Now do you want to split it so you hit every muscle once per week or each twice per week. Let me know because I’d make some decent adjustments.

ive also just switched my routine after doing one for 8 weeks.
i now do this and was wondering if theres any problems with it? overtrainign or anything.
oh yeh i have also been training 5 months

Monday-chest triceps calves

incline press 3x5
flat press 3x5
dips- how every many sets to complete 20 rep
close grip bench press 3x5
standing calve raise 4x10
seated calve raise 4x10

tuesday- back hamstrings traps

deadlift 4x5
stiff leg deadlift 4x5
shrug 3x5