Just Starting 30-10-30

Just giving it a shot. There are things I want to sort out.
1 - Split. Thinking Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps as day 1
Hamstrings, Back Biceps as day 2
M W F, alternating days.
2 - abs. On Dips, triceps ext, and various pulling, I can emphasize the ab contraction. Is this sufficient? It feels like it is

3- Exercise selection. Day 1, Low on platform leg press. Chest focused dips. Vertical machine press. I actually prefer the neutral grip pressing machine. Tip: The Most Effective Chest Builder. Period. chest fly press. Rope triceps ext, leg extensions
Day 2. Single leg RDL, Neutral grip, shoulder width vertical pulldown. Row. Rear delt raise. Incline dumbbell curl. (hammer grip on negative, supinated on the 10 reps), leg curl

4- rep tempo. Positive is firm, brisk, not really explosive, but fast. fast enough where there is no slowdown. The eccentric The 4-Second Rule…3 seconds down, 1 second pause. This for eliminating the stretch-shortening cycle

5 -Starting weight and negative tempo…First starting weight. Humbling. Starting a lot less than I would have expected. The 30 second starting negative seems easy. BUUUUT, the 10 reps done as described above and final negative are brutal. Some exercises are difficult to do for 30 seconds…Instead of messing with it and doing let’s say 20, I have decided to suck it up and do the 30 seconds anyway.

Forearms…Not feeling the need.

Accessory, Here is what I am thinking of adding. 2 or 3 recumbent bike sprints. I am talking absolute 100% for 12 seconds, resting for 1 minute 48.

Opinions?

Hi jp,
I’d recommend following this Growth Explosion: The 30-10-30 Technique and then going from there.

Perhaps you could post your thoughts

1 Like