T Nation

Just Started

Hi guys…
Just saw a DR as part of my gym plan. He prescribed me Test-C … 1 ml/200mg shot once a week.
Is that even enough to see any results? my T levels before starting were 545 according to labwork.
Im 6’ and 165ish… 38yo just started working out 1 month ago. Diet is good
150 Pr, 250 Carbs, and about 3000 Calories over 6 meals/day

Just curious as to what to REALLY expect. I hear and see different stories.
Dan

[quote]danimaltex wrote:
Hi guys…
Just saw a DR as part of my gym plan. He prescribed me Test-C … 1 ml/200mg shot once a week.
Is that even enough to see any results? my T levels before starting were 545 according to labwork.
Im 6’ and 165ish… 38yo just started working out 1 month ago. Diet is good
150 Pr, 250 Carbs, and about 3000 Calories over 6 meals/day

Just curious as to what to REALLY expect. I hear and see different stories.
Dan[/quote]

Doctor part of your gym plan? This is crazy, what did you go in there and say you want some juice to get gains in the gym and he said yeah here is some test? Is that how it went?

You don’t mention anything about trt so I assume the above is probably more accurate?

Anyway, you have been only training a month and already want to cycle. The 200mg is not cycle territory hell some guys need that just to maintain normal high levels.

This is not going to end well.

umm… okay…
Lets back up and allow me to clarify i guess. I have been BACK to the gym for about a month. Been lifting on and off for about 6 years.
At my gym, there is a physician that comes in 2 times a week. They get extensive labwork to measure everything from test to thyroid to chol, and discuss it with you. It’s geared towards RHT.

So, again, my question to more experienced guys is basically what to expect for overall gains. I have not taken anything yet, nor like any of you guys hold a PhD in this stuff and am not inclined to get one. I have read up on test and the effects. However the sites I go (from google) to have different information for the same questions. I’m looking for some opinions based on peoples experience, not Nostradamus predictions on how things will end, based on assumptions.

I can only provide answers to questions that were provided to me by the physician. My blood will be monitored monthly. I’m just trying to draw on peoples experience, minus rhetoric.

Dan

[quote]danimaltex wrote:
umm… okay…
Lets back up and allow me to clarify i guess. I have been BACK to the gym for about a month. Been lifting on and off for about 6 years.
At my gym, there is a physician that comes in 2 times a week. They get extensive labwork to measure everything from test to thyroid to chol, and discuss it with you. It’s geared towards RHT.

So, again, my question to more experienced guys is basically what to expect for overall gains. I have not taken anything yet, nor like any of you guys hold a PhD in this stuff and am not inclined to get one. I have read up on test and the effects. However the sites I go (from google) to have different information for the same questions. I’m looking for some opinions based on peoples experience, not Nostradamus predictions on how things will end, based on assumptions.

I can only provide answers to questions that were provided to me by the physician. My blood will be monitored monthly. I’m just trying to draw on peoples experience, minus rhetoric.

Dan[/quote]

Okay that explains it a bit better. I guess it depends what kind of gains you want or expect.

200mg is not cycle territory and guys who usually start a cycle go for 500mg a week. I have heard differing experiences on 300mg a week with most guys concluding if they were to do it again they would have done 500 maybe 400. If you are wanting to gain 20lbs in 8 weeks it is not going to happen on 200mg a week.

And if you are going to be injecting testosterone for gains you might as well not bother with 200mg because it would be a waste of time. Shutting yourself down as you would with 500 but with no where near the gains.

How long are you intending to run this protocol/cycle?

As far as gains are concerned you will be let down with 200mg. Might want to ask the boys over in the steroid section also.

[quote]danimaltex wrote:
umm… okay…

Dan[/quote]

You are in the wrong forum. This area is for guys who medically need testosterone injections to maintain normal levels. At 545ng/dL, this isn’t you. And any doctor who would prescribe testosterone to someone who has no symptoms of hypogonadism is irresponsible at best, and negligent at worst.

That aside, it isn’t wise to be messing around with testosterone injections without first learning about them, and by that I mean doing more than asking a single question on a TRT forum. There are tons of sites (and an area of this site’s forum) dedicated to teaching people the right way to use testosterone. The fact that you are looking into manipulating your hormones at such a low dose, don’t even know that injecting once a week is a bad idea, and that you aren’t even posting in the right area shows that you need to read a TON more before making a very important decision for your health.

Also, if you’re 6’ and 165lb I don’t think you’ve put in the time and effort required to reach your “peak” muscluarity that any sensible person would go for before getting into the chemistry game. Every steroid site will tell you that you need to hit your highest possible level of muscle before even considering steroids. Why take steroids to help you make gains that you could make on your own? Only after reaching the top should you consider taking something that can take you farther. It is also apparent that you don’t quite understand dieting principals, especially as it concerns bodybuilding. 150g of protein and 250g of carbs would be 1600 calories not 3000. If you are making the rest up in fat then all of your macro-nutrients are out of whack. You really need to spend a lot more time researching this shit. If your diet sucks and you start screwing with your hormones you will likely have nothing to show for it, except maybe shrinkage, acne, and disappointment.

200mg once a week isn’t cycling; Many guys on this forum are taking that much just to maintain normal-to-high-normal levels. If you start injecting T (any amount) your body will shut down production. So while you’re injecting 200mg/wk your body will stop producing most of your natural T and you may end up not having a sizable increase in T levels (though 200mg will bring most guys around 1000ng/dL give or take). You also have to take some other supporting medication to help your body while you are on T or as you are cycling off.

Most first time cyclers take a minimum of 500mg/wk. Taking 200mg once a week will give you a big “spike” followed 4 days later by a big “trough”. You’ll feel great for a few days, and shitty for a few days until you start the whole process over again.

I’m not trying to be a dick…well I guess I am. TRT is a lifelong therapy that you obviously don’t need. You also don’t have enough knowledge of Steroids and Dieting to even attempt cycling. Kick back, read up until your eyes bleed, and go to the gym and pump as much as you can as often as you can. Once you hit a plateau in gains and once you know the ins-and-outs of steroids THEN and only then should you attempt to do a cycle. Being 165lbs is nowhere near hitting your plateau, and I have a feeling that if you learned better diet principals you could gain weight. Go hang out on the Steroid and Diet forums and read what other people have to say before even thinking about putting a needle in your body.