Just Started TRT at 25 Years Old update

There are several concerns:

You should be considering yourself diabetic for fasting glucose.
Get A1C tested. It is more specific.
Diet modification probably needed.
Thyroid probably making this worse.
TRT might help.

Low SHBG. That sometimes just happens. Sometimes low SHBG and diabetes go together. You will have less non-bioavailable SHBG+T and TT labs are then lower, accept that. You need to be looking at FT or Bio-T as targets.

TSH is too high. Please ignore “normal” and lab ranges.
Should be near 1.0
Problem may be from not using iodized salt.
Do you feel cold easier now?
Are outer eyebrows sparse?
Please describe history of life and event stresses.

Please see below re oral body temperatures to eval overall thyroid function.

Ferritin is quite high. Please do not use vitamins that list iron.
Please post Complete Blood Count CBC labs.

Mood:
Low T, low thyroid function and elevated E2 can be significant factors.
Ditto libido, sexual function and brain fog.

Labs: in 4 weeks
TT
FT
E2
CBC
hematocrit
A1C

Do labs halfway between injections to avoid changes that are driven by timing changes. Time of doctor visit can be wrong. Get lab orders and do labs at a lab station at the right time. Do labs two weeks before doctors visit so you can discuss results at the visit. Doing labs in the office and getting a brain dead update from an office assistant later is useless. Get and retain copies of your labs and/or get access to pdf of your labs.

Very often, guys need to manage E2 to feel right. Typical 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections to get near E2=22pg/ml. A few do feel better with higher E2 than that. More reading required, see the stickies.

Fertility: You can expect your testes to shrink and perhaps 24x7 dull ache. And loss of fertility is a real risk. What? You doctor did not explain? [typical]. You need to inject 250iu hCG subq EOD.
Injections: Inject twice a week, subq, with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe or other suitable small needle.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.