Just Started TRT Again and Already Sleeping Better

I just wanted to share something that has been bugging me.

Used to take TRT and at that time, I normally had a very clear mind, grounded feeling, my ADD was almost non existent.

When I stopped for a couple of yrs, I noticed the concentration issues returning and I developed sleep apnea. And when waking up in the morning I had a hung over feeling.

I’m only in my second eeek of TRT, having just started again. And just last night…I actually had a full nights sleep. I didn’t feel like I need a double dose of melatonin as I’ve been taking. I woke up this morning feeling fully slept and my mind is clear. It’s noteworthy because I haven’t felt that in about 2 yrs.

I don’t know if anyone can relate. And 2 weeks into the TRT seems kind of soon…but I’m feeling it again…and feeling more like myself already.

1 Like

I used various benzos (all prescribed) to get to sleep for over a year. Started trt and within weeks I didn’t need them anymore. Haven’t touched them since. It’s incredible how much better you feel when your hormones are not out of whack.

I thought I’d share what I’m feeling as I recently started trt again.
3rd week now and here’s what I’ve noticed so far:

My sleep apnea is already much better. I’ve been sleeping thru the night uninterrupted and feel refreshed when I wake up.

A couple of acne spots

I normally have some social anxiety and normally take clonazepam in those situations. I’ve noticed my anxiety is much less on it’s own especially the past few days.

Libido is about a 3 out of 10 now. It was about a .5 in the time that I stopped trt.

In the past few days I’ve started waking up with soft erections where I had zero erections before beginning trt again.

And lastly, last night I had a wet dream and that’s significant to me because I haven’t had any in the time that I was off trt.

I never should have stopped! I’m also feeling better and more confident mentally again.

1 Like

When my testosterone is low I get social anxiety, but is gone on TRT, so you may not need clonazepam once you are dialed in.

This is odd. For some reason trt gives me sleep apnea

Well I started getting sleep apnea when I gained some weight. I’m normally around 197 and then hit 208. If I sleep on my back I wake up multiple times and I went in and did the sleep study. She said my oxygen was tanking multiple times. As I started T again I can sleep on my back and wake up feeling refreshed. Plus I’ve lost a little weight.