Just Started TRT 1.5 ml Every 2 Weeks. Good or Bad?

Doc has me on 1.5ml shots every 2 weeks seems like a lot going time between shots to me and a low dose! I just started trt is this normal? my test levels were 314. I’ve taken my first shot last week, how long does it take to feel affects and how long will it take for it to leave me system if I want to dump it so they up the dose and frequency?

Assuming you meant 1.5ml instead of 1.5mg. Depends on your testosterone strength. At 100mg/ml that would be 150mg, at 200 mg/ml that would be 300mg, either way that protocol is terrible and is going to leave you feeling worse in the long run. You will get some detailed info from others but in the meantime i would suggest posting your full labs (with ranges) and becoming very familiar with the stickies.

yes I’m sure it’s 1.5 ml every 2 weeks and your saying that is terrible? should I contact them or wait till my 3 month check up and stop taking it so my levels are dumped so they up does and frequency or should should I wait for the month for the testosterone to kick in and I’m going to post my test results in a few

The half life of Test roughly 7 days. That means by the time of your next shot, your body has depleted all the exogenous Test and you are back to basically Zero since the TRT shut down whatever natural production you had prior.

You need to be pinning every 3-4 days, this prevents the peaks and valleys of your levels and keeps your Test at a sustainable level. If your Dr didnt prescribe you an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) then you need to contact them immediately. Also, if you continue with the 2 week regimen, you are going to feel worse than you did before starting, especially if your Estradiol peaks.

This seems to be my prescribed regimen. Watch your Estradiol. My doctor hasn’t even tested it and I am bringing it up at my yearly as I think I am having some minor issues due to it.

so should I contact the dr. and tell them I’m feeling worse now or wait till I tare my next shot? I’ve only taken my first injection but I kinda thought every 2 weeks was bad I finally found a doc to help but now I believe it’s gonna be worse

What should I say to them about the armatase? I asked the doc about my estrogen levels and she said it was good

Im sure it was fine at BEFORE you started TRT but Test readily converts to Estrogen. Your Dr should know this. If you mention that you are concerned about Estrogen conversion and related effects and she looks at you like you are crazy or says “why are you concerned about estrogen, its a female hormone?”, RUN AWAY and find a new dr.

You need to read the stickies on this forum. They are the first 7 or 8 posts. You also need to read pretty much anything written by KSMan in this forum.

tell her that you did some online research (about Test half life, etc.) and talked to some friends who are on TRT and they all get to self inject and that they do it twice a week to keep their levels steady and to avoid the peaks and valleys of long intervals between shots. DO NOT mention that you read it a forum. She will likely freakout and tell you that its all bullshit.

You obviously did not read the stickies that I recommended in your 1st of now three threads that you created and did not provide your lab results with ranges. You should not be asking today’s question and would have challenged what the doctor is doing.

sorry doing this on my phone and new to the page not sure where the stickies are and I took your advice and contacted a compound pharmacy who recommended this doc. please direct me to the stickies so I can further educate myself thanks

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

THYROXINE 6.7 (4.5-12.0 ug/dl)
T4,FREE,DIRECT .96( .82-1.77 ng/dl)
ESTRADIOL 25.2 (7.6- 42.6 pg/ml)
FERRITIN 196 (30- 400 ng/ml)
HEMATOCRIT 48.0 (37.5-51.0 %)
PROSTATE .3 (0- 4.0 ng/ml)
TRIIODOTHYRONINE FREE SERUM 3.3 (2-4.4 pg/ml)
VITAMIN D 18.8 (30-100)
LdL CHOLESTEROL DIRECT 160 (0-99 mg/dl)
TEST 321 (348-1197 ng/dl)
FREE TEST 10.1 (8.7-25.1 pg/ml)
CHOLESTEROL TOTAL 214 (100-199 mg/dl)
TSH-ICMA 3.5
if you need anything else let me know

Ranges please!!

sorry I posted them in parentheses

From my limited point of view, your Vit D is pretty low. I know KSMan advocates supplementing this. Your Test is definitely LOW, should be greater than 650 in my opinion. And your TSH is too high, should be closer to 1.

hey in one sticky you said an enthusiastic gp may be best bet what is “gp”

General Practitioner

See comments in italics.

THYROXINE 6.7 (4.5-12.0 ug/dl) - way below mid-range, low iodine?
T4,FREE,DIRECT .96( .82-1.77 ng/dl) - way below mid-range
ESTRADIOL 25.2 (7.6- 42.6 pg/ml) - will get too high with TRT
FERRITIN 196 (30- 400 ng/ml) - good
HEMATOCRIT 48.0 (37.5-51.0 %) - OK, but high VS your low T,watch it, TRT will increase
PROSTATE .3 (0- 4.0 ng/ml) - Good
TRIIODOTHYRONINE FREE SERUM 3.3 (2-4.4 pg/ml) - Good
VITAMIN D 18.8 (30-100) - bad, take 5000iu Vit-D3, find tiny oil based capsules, take 25,000iu first five days
LdL CHOLESTEROL DIRECT 160 (0-99 mg/dl) -TR_T may improve_
TEST 321 (348-1197 ng/dl)
FREE TEST 10.1 (8.7-25.1 pg/ml)
CHOLESTEROL TOTAL 214 (100-199 mg/dl) - TRT may improve
TSH-ICMA 3.5

TSH=3.5 is too high, better near 1.0
Need the oral body temperatures as requested above to eval overall thyroid function.
You may be iodine deficient from not using iodized salt.
May have sparse outer eyebrows.
May have generalized hair thinning.
May feel cold easily.

Thyroid lab ranges are stupid and doctors never ask about iodine intake.

how can I lower my TSH-ICMA and I usedon’t to use alot of iodine salt cut back on it also my hematocrit how can I lower this and you think trt is appropriate and my t4 if I find d the right doc that knows more about trt should all this be fixed with the right regimen?