Just Started 100mg Cyp - Need Guidance and Reassurance

Dose may be low, you’ll have to give it more time.

Ok I just started thyroid today 1 grain in am and pm.

I wonder how long it takes to work on average for men… I should feel more energy and overall healthy once it kicks in correct.

How do you all deal with the hunger you get from TRT?

Anecdotally, are you finding that you can consume some more calories and not gain weight like prior? Thanks!

I haven’t really gotten hungry from trt yet. I actually don’t eat much

New bloods. Super high t and free t. This is because I am taking cream on top of the injectable t that I stopped a week before. I’m lowering to 50% of the dose for another two weeks or until I notice a crash or something.

Someone tell me about my thyroid panel.

I’m stopping dhea. Nice to see Hct, PSA are fine.

E2 is high but so Is free t. Must be why I’m seeing less labido and sensitivity.

Uploading labs in a sec

If you got time I’d love your input @physioLojik

Low D.

1 Like

We can’t tell you much about your thyroid panel, Free T3 is the most potent thyroid hormone and important test and tells us what’s going on at the cellular level, there are no Free T4 receptors, only T3 receptors throughout the body.

T3 uptake and Free Thyroxine aren’t useful tests and those optimizing thyroid uses Free T3 and Reverse T3 to make decisions on dosing.

1 Like

@systemlord Sorry but you’re wrong. Resin uptake matters a ton because without knowing that factor, you may have in range numbers which are actually shit or you might have very out of range numbers which actually work for you. All these tests go to create an accurate picture of what’s going on

That being said the thyroid labs are incomplete. Your vitamin d is super low. Your ldl is actually fine.

Educate yourselves on cholesterol numbers guys. LDL brings cholesterol places. HDL takes it to the liver. They have zero to do with heart disease or issues with your health status. LDL and HDL are transport proteins.

4 Likes

Thanks Physio for the feedback.

They were supposed to run a full thyroid panel. It’s part of my monthly fee, but there being cheap. I literally told them I need x y and z on this test. Anyways I am cancelling now the tests received.

New provider is giving me another blood test in 4 weeks to see what new thyroid meds and cream are doing for me.

I actually had even lower VD levels 2 months ago. This shows my supplementation is working so that’s good. Do we want it high lab or what’s suggested.

Side note: I didn’t want to jump to conclusions, but I have so much more energy today. I finally got back to the gym and had to stop myself…I believe it’s becsude I took my first dose/ grain of thyroid this am … since then I have had energy all day. Just smashed it at the gym. Usually Leg press 560 is hard to get up but easily rep x 10, but tonight I was able to put up 650 with ease and rep x 10… probably could of added 180lbs and gotten closer to my max…

Thanks for the input fellas. I’ll be waiting for more thyroid labs and my T to get into normal. Right now I feel like I’m just wasting $ / medication.

1 Like

Thats great news man. Glad you are feeling it and coming back.

1 Like

Seems like I read you are switching to Tier 1 and Dr Nichols, is that right?

How much D3 are you supplementing with? And are you taking it with fat? It is fat soluble is why I ask

@enackers as always you can email me with direct questions and lab issues etc.

Thanks much!!

I take one 500iu daily. The vitamin is pharmacy grade not supplement. No clue about fat. It’s a yellow pill and I just take it every am

Yup he’s my doc as of a couple weeks now. Definitely another level of service vs a clinic.

That is really good to hear. I made an appointment with him today. I’ll have to drive 4 hours for my initial visit but I think it will be worth it considering there are so few docs who really know what they are doing when it comes to this. Going week after next and I’m really excited to work with him.

Yah and they are great folks to. His wife’s nice and the head nurse.

I flew from Houston > Atlanta then rented a car and drove 2 hours to his office. Went back same night. If I flew straight it was 7 hours. This was actually faster.

Keep in mind you can leave with a 6 month supply of cream, thyroid, and the rest. So let him know his new client from Houston mentioned that. That’s If he hasn’t told you this. The pharmacy is 15 mins away and the lady will actually come to the office or meet you midway.

Wow, Texas! But that’s how serious we are out health, says a lot. I live in a pretty rural area but I’m surprised there aren’t any good hormone docs in the Houston area, that place is huge. Good for you for doing what it takes to get a good doc. I discovered Dr Keith on the TOT podcast, I really like that guy.

1 Like