Just Started 100mg Cyp - Need Guidance and Reassurance

I’m reading and reading. Many folks say they don’t feel benefits of trt when hypo. I’m going to try iodine and start checking my temps.

I read the medicine is having bad Side effects and don’t take it. Others have stated they were able to lower and heal thyroid by taking a diet approach.

Any guidance is welcome. I’m going to get a full thrydoid panel done in 2 weeks.

Actually I am goin to just pay for my own test this week.

Should I take the basic or this one which is closer to 300.
———-
This test panel includes most tests needed to more deeply explore the possibility of a hypothyroidism and/or Hashimoto’s disease diagnosis. It includes: TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, Thyroglobulin Antibody and Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (Anti-TPO)

@physioLojik has indicated that temp is generally not indicative of any thyroid issues. There have also been many posts in these forums over the last few years expressing concern of iodine treatment. That treatment has even led some to other serious problems.

Howell fuck. What to do. Because it makes sense. My levels very high. I have all the sides but they coincide with low t. I really don’t want to see an endocrinologist and the only solution be “take this pill everyday for life”. The side effects Suck.

Taking too much iodine bad. However taking it for a short period has helped many. This needs to be taken with potassium so that e2 levels are not effected. Iodine alone will screw the process and you’ll increase in e2 quickly.

So for a week or two I’m going to take ioidine and potassium tablets … if I get a response as to why I shouldn’t I’ll stop.

I’ll consult my docs. My friends a doc and I’ll see if he has any experience with this and my sister in law is a pharmacist. Going to get some idea of other solutions .

Consider selenium as well.

Spoke to gal at vitamin store and she knew all about it.

She said I can do an iodine test. Put liquid iodine on my arm and if it absorbs quick within hours it means I am deficient. If it stays I’m absorbed after the days over your not deficient. Supposably she saw a natural health doctor who told her to do this. So yeah I got the docs number.

Now I have to deal with this fucking issue. Does it ever end man. I really hate this, but I am glad I paid attention and came across this issue. I’m Jsut gonna pray that this helps and I get healthier due to this.

Selenium helps absorb iodine correct.

Bro I just spoke to my sister in law and she said she dispenses cypionate a dozen times a day. She also said the prescription is 200mg every two weeks. Wow… i explained to her that this is horrible and why. Amazing how even a pharmacist doesn’t even understand half life’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is she able to ask the customers if they start feeling anything different during the second week?

She didn’t . She thinks her knowledge is far superior and to not believe everything I read online… I stated these online sources are medical websites and docs who specialize in hrt. She hopefully heard me and will pass it on whenever it’s possible. Hopefully. I jsut hate knowing there are people out there suffering for no reason. It’s sad. I also think people are stupid to believe everything their doc says … most will never second guess.

I suppose doctors would not appreciate a pharmacist questioning their prescribed treatment directly with the patient.

1 Like

Yah they can’t modify the dose or wuanity by law, but they can substitute for generic without doctors acknowledgment in most states.

I remember with one of my meds the pharmacist misheard or misread my docs prescription re fill and was trying to charge me like 600$… she didn’t even question “isn’t this allot”…: this was for a controlled substance… I almost took it and would it had a supply for the year.

If I remember correctly it helps get rid displaced toxins such as bromine, fluorine, and chlorine.

I just found that as well

Have you had to do any of this. Any knowledge you can share? Very Cutious how many others have fixed their thyroid doing this and then benefit from trt. I am curious why two trt docs looked at this and didn’t catch it. If it does create problems with trt why wouldn’t they attack this problem along with trt.

A high TSH is indicating your pituitary is screaming at your thyroid to produce hormones, as that message falls on deaf ears, TSH again increases until symptoms are experienced. Lab result can sometimes not show actual thyroid problems, your thyroid could have been fine at the time of the blood draw and act up later in the day (thyroid dysfunction) when you aren’t doing labs and you would not catch the thyroid in the act.

TSH may sometimes be unreliable when lower, but higher is unmistakably indicating a problem.

The evidence for a narrower thyrotropin reference range is compelling.

Reference ranges for TSH and thyroid hormones

It has become clear that previously accepted reference ranges are no longer valid as a result of both the development of more highly sensitive TSH assays and the appreciation that reference populations previously considered normal were contaminated with individuals with various degrees of thyroid dysfunction that served to increase mean TSH levels for the group. Recent laboratory guidelines from the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry indicate that more than 95% of normal individuals have TSH levels below 2.5 mU/liter. The remainder with higher values are outliers, most of whom are likely to have underlying Hashimoto thyroiditis or other causes of elevated TSH

1 Like

I did a 10 day course of iodine supplementation with selenium. I didnt see any change. I continue to supp with selenium daily.

How much did you supplement.

50mg daily iodine and 100mcg selenium

1 Like

Sucks. I’m doing just 12.5 . Couldn’t find 50… many say they feel something after a couple weeks with 12.5. .

Are you taking t4/t3 or ?